Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-08-2011, 03:24 PM   #19
Shinare
Bronze bombshell yaris

Drives: 09 Yaris HB 3door
Now I drive a CARMINE RED METALLIC 09 Yaris 3-door!! I'm Back!!! WooHoo!! Mods done so far: Tinted windows, Viper 211HV Remote Keyless Entry, Atoto Android headunit, backup camera, steering wheel controls

Before it was totaled I drove a 2007 Black Sand Pearl 3 Door Lift-Back M/T with 49k miles. Stock Everything except for black tint, all red badges, red dash, and stealth garage door opener. Ultra-Gauge mounted on steering wheel. A1 Electric MES Central Locks and Avital 3100 Alarm system.
Shinare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 03:34 PM   #20
Steven Dionne
Turbo lover

Drives: Toyota Cressida1987/Yaris 07
By the way, a Dynamometer is a tuning tool. not a power calculator...
Old 03-08-2011, 03:55 PM   #21
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
^ excellent way to word it.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 05:46 PM   #22
Carter05xb
Banned

Drives: 05xb
For those that asked if I was done, you sure like to keep it up. And for those of you that don't know the defenition of dynamometer here you go:

Dynamometer Basics
Dr. Horizon Gitano
University Science Malaysia

DYNAMOMETER OVERVIEW
A dynamometer is a load device which is generally used for measuring the
power output of an engine. Several kinds of dynamometers are common, some of them being referred to as “breaks” or “break dynamometers”.

Just for tuning???? "Sucks to be wrong" I've done my homework on the comparison. The proof is in the dyno sheets.

Why are we getting so irritated? Whats the big deal? If you have erronous numbers from a dynapak like I do , get over it. I'd rather have the real load on the street power that is ture than not.

Obviously you guys can't let go on this so let's see the next comment.
Carter05xb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:55 PM   #23
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Drives: black sand lb
KCALB SIRAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:13 PM   #24
YarisPR

Drives: Yaris Sedan
And Whats Wrong About Bragging???

I Drive A 107whp (Mustang Dyno) 37MPG Yaris
Old 03-08-2011, 09:32 PM   #25
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

LOL @ kcalb... now where have I seen that before....
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:36 PM   #26
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

How was the drive from Georgia to Kansas to do your dyno?
Old 03-08-2011, 09:40 PM   #27
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
LOL @ kcalb... now where have I seen that before....
Old 03-08-2011, 10:47 PM   #28
cdydjded

Drives: Yaris LB Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Dionne View Post
By the way, a Dynamometer is a tuning tool. not a power calculator...
Its actually both. As a person who worked @ a shop with a Dynojet I can personally tell you that most people that came to my shop just wanted to know how much power their car made after some add ons. You dont have to tune a car when its on a dyno.....
cdydjded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 06:10 AM   #29
Carter05xb
Banned

Don't quite get the old dudes face from some old ass tv show. And for you Cali, for someone who has a online store and mabey a shop you sure do act like an ass. Thank god there's a whole lot more places that sell parts cheaper than you, but then again they have alot more buying power. And for someone who has their own forum you spend alot of time on this one. I think I'd spend more time worring about my forum and business than some other forum which is clearly kicking your forums butt. As far as a trip to kansas to dyno, which is your way of saying, I don't belive your story. I moved with my girlfriend to Atlanta and just got settled in this past week. Go dyno your car on a real dyno than come on back with some real numbers. That's what this is boiling down to right now. Some sort of image your putting out. Glad I'm not one of your customers.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:13 AM   #30
sickpuppy1

Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
Well both tuning and power comments are right arent they? If your tuning the engine for peak efficiency you get more power and the dyno shows the results in HP gain, true? So using it as a tuning tool shows the HP gain for you efforts.
Or if you just wanna put a car on the dyno to see how much power it puts down is OK too. without making any changes.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:42 AM   #31
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
^^i agree.. this thread is pretty pointless.. ive been on 3 separate dyno's... each throwing different numbers. dyno dynamics being the worse saying i had 114whp on a stock yaris.. after research those dyno's can be tampered with.. i didnt know at the time..

so i say dyno's are very pointless and are mainly used for tuning purposes...
Quote:
A dynamometer is a load device which is generally used for measuring the
power output of an engine

so if you wanna compare numbers. get together with someone and get on the same dyno at the same shop and then you can feel each others balls and see who has bigger ones... then take it to a track and see who's power/weight ratio is better and who spent more money on tires
ilikerice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:16 AM   #32
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carter05xb View Post
Don't quite get the old dudes face from some old ass tv show. And for you Cali, for someone who has a online store and mabey a shop you sure do act like an ass. Thank god there's a whole lot more places that sell parts cheaper than you, but then again they have alot more buying power. And for someone who has their own forum you spend alot of time on this one. I think I'd spend more time worring about my forum and business than some other forum which is clearly kicking your forums butt. As far as a trip to kansas to dyno, which is your way of saying, I don't belive your story. I moved with my girlfriend to Atlanta and just got settled in this past week. Go dyno your car on a real dyno than come on back with some real numbers. That's what this is boiling down to right now. Some sort of image your putting out. Glad I'm not one of your customers.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:26 AM   #33
Carter05xb
Banned

For what you guys say is a pointless topic, you sure have alot to say. But hey since you likerice so much I'll put some on my balls and you can come lick it off. Even after I put upthe definition of dynameter you still can't get it through your thick skull. Bunch of winey asses. The only one so far with common sense was the CDydjdad dude. Most of you are just plain rude. Sorry if your butt hurt about your non producing rides. Get off the dynapack and spend some money and hop on a real dyno.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:50 AM   #34
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Go dyno your car on a real dyno than come on back with some real numbers.
They'll still be higher than yours. But I'm not bragging, really.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:19 AM   #35
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
i was just about to say.. "im having some serious deja vu".. is that really xbgod?
ilikerice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 12:10 PM   #36
Tylermayer

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris
i love yarisworld fights <3