Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2006, 12:44 PM   #19
ricko
 
ricko's Avatar
 
Drives: Copper-Orange Yaris RS
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Georgian Triangle Ont.
Posts: 310
I'd be careful about choosing any underground parking as a place to wax. Most of the ones I've experienced have had a higher dust content in the air, than outdoors. Unless of course, you live near a construction site.
ricko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 09:31 PM   #20
YotaYarisUSA
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan,Pacific Blue
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Western North Carolina,USA
Posts: 62
I just got some the new turtle wax Ice stuff,it seems like pretty awesome stuff! The guys at Advanced Auto parts,say its been selling like crazy,and that ppl are raving about how great it works. Its suppose to,a quick and easier way to polish wax your car,no white junk and you can put on metal, plastic,etc and you can use it in the sun,when the car is hot and it works just as good,so says the bottle.Plus,it comes with a mircofiber towel and a polish applicator.

My dealer called and my car is here,and I pick her up tommorrow:) I looked on the turtle wax website,and it says that you should check the date of when the car was made,and if its 30 days past that,you are safe to wax and polish the car. I'm thinking that its been more than 30days, they made it in japan and sent over on the boat, I hope so want to keep this little ride looking sweet!


Later,guys I will post pictures just as soon as I ICE MY Yaris!

Anyone else, use ICE?




YotaYarisUSA
YotaYarisUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 11:10 PM   #21
mikeukrainetz
 
mikeukrainetz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Toyota Yaris
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 564
I havent yet seen anyone mention Mothers. I have used most of Mothers products for years with incredible results but with incredible amounts of elbow grease. This is where everyone turns to the spray on, no touch, instant synthetic formulas to get out of doing some work. I wont lie, it'll take one long afternoon to polish up a ride but believe me it'll shine.
mikeukrainetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 04:26 AM   #22
DARK505
 
Drives: Subaru Impreza WRX
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Albuquerque New Mexico
Posts: 41
Damn rich you never showed me that jetta pic before... That thing looks like he chromed his car with black chrome or something...
I saw your MSP before you Zanio'd it and after you put the, what, 9 or 10 coats on? Woah that makes a world of difference!! You should get another 10 on her so your MSP can bling like that Jetta! lol

By the way, the paint on 505zoom's MSP is the exact same or at very minimum close to identical to the Black sand pearl for the yaris. He was with me when i went in to the dealership to put my down payment in and saw a black sand pearl yaris sedan in the lot.

Last edited by DARK505; 05-30-2006 at 04:45 AM.
DARK505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 07:22 PM   #23
silverRS
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Silver
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Ottawa Ontario Canada
Posts: 80
the ice is good I bought some, real nice shine
silverRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 12:37 PM   #24
wwwh355
 
wwwh355's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Yaris Flint Mica
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 21
Send a message via ICQ to wwwh355
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARK505
HAHA, owls would be a perfect addition to ward off the seagull prob... but what to do about the owl droppings... hmm maybe an ocelot would help with the owl prob
I guess, SAM will help.
__________________
TOYOTA Yaris Sedan
Flint Mica
Power Pkg
Alloy Wheels Upgrade
Extra Miles Pkg
wwwh355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 07:30 PM   #25
Yaris Dick
 
Drives: 07 Yaris LB, 06 VW GTI, 06 G6
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Southeastern USA
Posts: 61
Excuse me... but I have to laugh. I must. Sorry.

I'm laughing because I can remember the days when I was so anal about my cars that I used to set alarms to remind me to wash and wax them on the weekends. In the early 80's I used to wash my cars twice a week and wax them once a month... religiously.

Then the first kid was born. Then I washed them every other week and waxed them every 3 months.

Then the second kid was born. Then I washed them when I had enough energy. I paid some dude to wax them about once a year.

Then I turned 30. Then I laughed at my younger neighbors who didn't have kids and had too much time on their hands to be able to wash their cars once a week or more. I sort of envied them... well... not really.

Then I turned 40. My cars ocassionally see an automated brushless carwash about twice a year... if they're lucky. In between washes, I admire how clean they can become with a ride through a puddle or a drive through a seasonal downpour. The really funny thing is: I STILL get top dollar for my trades. I pay some dude to wash and wax them right before I sell them. Even after YEARS of neglect, the finish buffs out to perfection. It gives me a hard-on to think how much time and money I've saved by NOT being so anal about how my car looks.

Word.
Yaris Dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 07:36 PM   #26
IsLNdbOi
 
IsLNdbOi's Avatar
 
Drives: Polar White - 5 Door '09 LB
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,285
RainX on my windows (exterior only), TW ICE on the exterior metal parts, and Meguiar's Quick Interior Detailer for all the plastic / vinyl parts inside and out.
IsLNdbOi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 08:00 PM   #27
tomjasz
Banned
 
tomjasz's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Black Yaris LB, 05 Camry LE
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Lost Wages
Posts: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaris Dick
Excuse me... but I have to laugh. I must. Sorry.



Then I turned 40. My cars ocassionally see an automated brushless carwash about twice a year... if they're lucky. In between washes, I admire how clean they can become with a ride through a puddle or a drive through a seasonal downpour. The really funny thing is: I STILL get top dollar for my trades. I pay some dude to wash and wax them right before I sell them. Even after YEARS of neglect, the finish buffs out to perfection. It gives me a hard-on to think how much time and money I've saved by NOT being so anal about how my car looks.

Word.

Very funny stuff! I'm chided at work and accused of selling my vehicles when it's time to wash and wax. I do give it 2 hours a month and am usually relieved once i've gotten the first ding.....it's just an f-ing car. (cheapest Toyota I could buy)
tomjasz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 09:54 PM   #28
TrancosRt
 
TrancosRt's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Silver HB Yaris
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: S Florida
Posts: 289
I'm sorry, but I like to keep ALL my cars as clean and nice looking as possible. What's the point of keeping insanely dirty for no good reason other than being cheap/lazy? I like riding on a clean, good looking car, plain and simply said.

To each his/her own I guess...
TrancosRt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 08:01 AM   #29
tomjasz
Banned
 
tomjasz's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Black Yaris LB, 05 Camry LE
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Lost Wages
Posts: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrancosRt
I'm sorry, but I like to keep ALL my cars as clean and nice looking as possible. What's the point of keeping insanely dirty for no good reason other than being cheap/lazy? I like riding on a clean, good looking car, plain and simply said.

To each his/her own I guess...


2 hours a month is NOT "insanely dirty", it's enough time to keep the inside vaccuumed and the outside hosed off. Those $30 car washes and 3 hour Saturdays have been used to pump up a 401K. I'm retiring at 55 with a not so shiny car
tomjasz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 08:19 AM   #30
fearturtle44
 
Drives: S Flint Mica
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Virginia
Posts: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomjasz
2 hours a month is NOT "insanely dirty", it's enough time to keep the inside vaccuumed and the outside hosed off. Those $30 car washes and 3 hour Saturdays have been used to pump up a 401K. I'm retiring at 55 with a not so shiny car
You must work for the gov't if you can retire at 55! You could buy a small mansion for the health care expense it will take to cover you from 55 until Medicare at 65.

Kevin
fearturtle44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 08:39 AM   #31
Katana
 
Katana's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris LB 1.3lt 06
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Under the hood!
Posts: 1,124
Send a message via MSN to Katana Send a message via Yahoo to Katana
I use the SONAX wax and I am very pleased with the result.

Is it wrong that I put wax every time that I wash the car(4 times a month)?
Katana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 05:18 PM   #32
tomjasz
Banned
 
tomjasz's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Black Yaris LB, 05 Camry LE
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Lost Wages
Posts: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearturtle44
You must work for the gov't if you can retire at 55! You could buy a small mansion for the health care expense it will take to cover you from 55 until Medicare at 65.

Kevin

No no gubberment work, just plain hard work and a dirty Yaris to save more money

(being DINKS helped Double Income No Kids, recreational sex is cheaper than procreational!)
tomjasz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 05:20 PM   #33
tomjasz
Banned
 
tomjasz's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Black Yaris LB, 05 Camry LE
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Lost Wages
Posts: 243
BTW when I was a kid waxing the yaris was something you did under the sheets when mom went to bed....
tomjasz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 05:37 PM   #34
07WYarisRS
HardlyDangerous
 
07WYarisRS's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 Yaris LE, H/B, auto
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ridgeway Ontario
Posts: 573
Another Zaino user here

NOTHING is better at least not off the shelf from walmart or canadian tire.

That truck was after one coat.
the bike has two.
On a black surface it's hard to tell what color the paint really is because it reflects like a mirror. It's wild stuff.

I've not done the Yaris yet but I will before snow falls, I'm all out and have to re-order.





__________________
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Last edited by 07WYarisRS; 09-19-2006 at 09:04 AM.
07WYarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 01:17 AM   #35
Billstein
Whew Who..
 
Billstein's Avatar
 
Drives: 2 Yaris Hatchs and Tacoma
Join Date: May 2006
Location: So. Ca.
Posts: 78
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1ngzer0
Wait a month after you get the car. The paint could be still settling. :)
I was wondering if somebody was going to say this.. Except
I was told to wait 6 months something about the paint and clear coat.
__________________
"HERS"2007 Yaris Hatch BlazzingBlue Power everything Sirius Radio FullSyn Oil 50% tint windshild35% front 5% rear Keyless Entry Alum TRD Shift Knob
TRD Exh Tip 17" racing harts/Falkins TRD Cold Air Intake
"HIS"2007 Yaris Hatch MedSilverMetallicPower PQ Package 17" Wheels Spoiler TRD ExhTipStiletto100 Radio Armrest 50% tint windshild 35% front windows 5% rear Aluminum TRD Shift Knob Keyless Entry VIP Alarm TRD Cold Air Intake
Billstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 01:46 AM   #36
07WYarisRS
HardlyDangerous
 
07WYarisRS's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 Yaris LE, H/B, auto
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ridgeway Ontario
Posts: 573
New cars are not painted like the local body shops

You can wax them once you get them home.
With a fresh paint paint job slow cured like from 99% of most autobody paint shops you need to wait a couple months. Then wet sand the entire car polish and buff. 99% of car owners or shops don't wet sand and polish paint unless it's a show car.

I anyone has seen the TV overhaulin' they used a quick drying paint booth, where temps as high as 190 degrees bake the paint almost like a powdercoat and cure it within' hours. From there it can be sanded and polished and waxed. This is the same process as the factory finish on ALL cars. It makes the paint far more durable so they can use LESS paint and cut costs
__________________
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Last edited by 07WYarisRS; 11-07-2006 at 12:00 AM.
07WYarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NEWS: TOYOTA REVEALS ALL-NEW YARIS SEDAN AT 2006 LOS ANGELES AUTO SHOW VitzBoy General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 7 09-20-2023 07:50 AM
Power-to-Weight Ratios of Yaris, Fit, Mini, etc. Idjiit Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions 6 10-06-2017 05:10 PM
2007 Yaris Pricing Info ! YarisBueller New YARIS Purchase Forum 104 06-24-2009 04:54 PM
Toyota Yaris to Sponsor FOX's "Prison Break" YarisBueller General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 0 04-30-2006 08:01 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:14 AM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.