Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2014, 09:02 PM   #1
kimona
Super Moderator
 
kimona's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 White VITZ
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Huntington Bch, CA
Posts: 4,936
Ford has had large grilles for years!

http://mustangattitude.com/cgi-bin/s...=all&f1=grille
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 10:36 PM   #2
Synyster
 
Synyster's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 Yaris L
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Wisconsin / Serbia
Posts: 11
I used to own a 2002 Golf 1.9 TDI diesel in Europe, which was also converted to run on bio-diesel. I had two gas tanks, so I could choose which fuel to use.
But anyways, I was averaging close to 45 mpg city. It had a lot of mechanical issues before 200,000 km, but when it came to fuel economy it couldn't be beaten - I would usually get close to 1,200 km in city driving.
Synyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 08:06 AM   #3
bronsin
 
bronsin's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: nj
Posts: 4,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synyster View Post
I used to own a 2002 Golf 1.9 TDI diesel in Europe, which was also converted to run on bio-diesel. I had two gas tanks, so I could choose which fuel to use.
But anyways, I was averaging close to 45 mpg city. It had a lot of mechanical issues before 200,000 km, but when it came to fuel economy it couldn't be beaten - I would usually get close to 1,200 km in city driving.
Biodiesel sweet! Nothing like fuel for (nearly) free.

But I wonder what the future of economy cars is now that gas is sub $2...
__________________
Synthetic Oil: Its All In Your Head
bronsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 06:23 PM   #4
Synyster
 
Synyster's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 Yaris L
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Wisconsin / Serbia
Posts: 11
Actually, this was in Serbia (eastern Europe) where bio-diesel is barely any cheaper than regular diesel. I only drove my Golf on bio-diesel once. My friend, who's a mechanic, said that he doesn't recommend it on newer cars.
__________________
Current: 2015 Toyota Yaris 1.5, 2009 Honda Fit 1.5, 2008 Ford Fusion 2.3, 2007 Suzuki Marauder 250cc, 2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 3.8, 2000 Ford Mustang 3.8.

Past: 2008 Ford Mustang GT 4.6, 2005 Ford F-150 4.6, 2005 Ford Focus 2.0, 2002 Volkswagen Golf TDI 1.9, 1997 Dodge Intrepid 3.5, 1994 Toyota Camry 3.0, 1992 Ford Escort 1.9, 1991 Ford Taurus 3.0.
Synyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Will Changing the Pod from a 1.5 Liter Vitz with rev counter to a 1.0 Liter Vitz anthpace Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior) 4 11-09-2011 01:52 PM
NEED ENGINE CHECK LIGHT CODE LIST Attitude Forced Induction Forum 12 04-11-2011 06:38 PM
08 Yaris VTTi 1.0 refused to start until... Pingouin DIY / Maintenance / Service 5 09-06-2010 04:47 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:09 AM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.