Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-22-2007, 10:54 PM   #19
weaponrcamry

Drives: Camry LE/Yaris Hatch 5spd
I am in the same boat as you TrancosRT.. I am a full time college student, and work part time and average a 3.5GPA. I work Tues/Thurs/Fri and average about 20-24hrs a week. I have Saturday and Sunday off, so I use that as study days. My college is about 10 minutes away from me so I live with my parents, for now. It all depends on you just like Vervepipes said. Can you work and study?? Are you traveling long/short/walking distances?? If you want to sell the car I would get a bicycle, or motor scooter to travel, or make friends car pool or get a used car as Violin mentioned. You shouldn't be traveling to far unless visiting family or friends. That is pretty rare if you a far a way. Are you going to school full time or part time?? So what if you work and make $8.00 an hour? You gotta do whats best for you. But I wouldn't sit around and be broke just because I am making 8 bucks an hour. I rather make 8 bucks then be totally broke and have nothing..
weaponrcamry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 12:02 AM   #20
Pars

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
It also depends on the type of course you're taking. When I was studying at a polytechnic institute toward an engineering degree, the guys in my class didn't even have time for a girlfriend, holding down a part-time job after 33hrs/week of lectures (not to mention the labs and assignments) would have been insanity.
Pars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 10:37 AM   #21
static808
Engineer/Artist/House-Dad

Drives: 2006 Toyota Sienna XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pars View Post
It also depends on the type of course you're taking. When I was studying at a polytechnic institute toward an engineering degree, the guys in my class didn't even have time for a girlfriend, holding down a part-time job after 33hrs/week of lectures (not to mention the labs and assignments) would have been insanity.
hahhaa, thats what buying old homework solutions and midterms are for!! without this, there was absolutely no way i could have gotten my EE degree while having a GF, partying every other night, AND getting an average of 10 hours of sleep per day. no matter your major, hitting up upperclassmen for hw solutions and midterms/finals is a must. even though professors change their materials a bit, it gives you a good idea of what to expect. as an engineer, there is simply no other way to have a good time and do well in school...

--B

ps: i admire ALL who work AND go to school. i myself could never do that. bravo...