Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-24-2007, 11:05 AM   #19
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris07LB View Post
Haven't seen anyone with anything other then what I posted. That was the only rear size I ever found. Bigger emblem was for front fittment only, and was a direct replacement.

That is the typical eBay auction piece, to show the fittment for anyone searching auctions, thinking it will fit.

If Thomas can source a better fitting rear emblem, Id be all over it.
+1

I thought there were only the small ones like I have as well
Old 08-24-2007, 11:56 AM   #20
jdgriswald
5-Door Envy

Drives: '08 Scion xD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigal View Post
I had thought about putting one on the front of my sedan but thought it'd be kind of poser-ish since the sedan really isn't a Vitz.
Actually it wouldn't be correct since the Belta isn't sold by Netz dealers as indicated by the "N" badge.
jdgriswald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 07:06 PM   #21
hasher22
Look mum no stars!!

Drives: Toyota Yaris 06
Send a message via MSN to hasher22
Update.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ayphotohosting

this WILL fit the acually groove in the rear. I have just measured the toyotal symbol from my rear and the dimensions are correct. 13cm by 9cm!!! :)
Old 08-24-2007, 07:51 PM   #22
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

Drives: 2007 WHITE HATCHBACK
No Rear Netz
Old 08-24-2007, 07:54 PM   #23
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris Liftback
fuk it, i been rocking no emblem out back for months now, and just decided to get it void filled completely now.
Chris07LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 10:27 PM   #24
pp.sweet

Drives: Red Yaris HatchBack
Talking

Chris...every time i see that smacked up yaris in your post ..I say dam that WACK..
Hurts just to look at it

wELCOME TO oUR wORLD..
pp.sweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 11:48 PM   #25
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris07LB View Post
fuk it, i been rocking no emblem out back for months now, and just decided to get it void filled completely now.
now that I like, I would love to have a smooth shaved ass
Old 08-24-2007, 11:49 PM   #26
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pp.sweet View Post
Chris...every time i see that smacked up yaris in your post ..I say dam that WACK..
Hurts just to look at it
it's not smacked up----the bumper is just off

I took mine off last weekend for the first time to replace my horn
Old 08-25-2007, 01:40 AM   #27
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Quote:
Originally Posted by brickhardmeat View Post
must... resist... making... joke...

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 02:40 AM   #28
black2yaris
The Man In Black Lives

Drives: Black Sand Pearl L/B 'o7
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasher22 View Post
Update.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ayphotohosting

this WILL fit the acually groove in the rear. I have just measured the toyotal symbol from my rear and the dimensions are correct. 13cm by 9cm!!! :)

YUP !! I told Ya I Double checked the size... even emailed the seller before i bought it .. Ya know that recent post with Indonisian guy's with pix of their Riced L/B's one of them looks to have this badge on the back of the car ..
black2yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 02:46 AM   #29
black2yaris
The Man In Black Lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickhardmeat View Post
Hey I know a Hooker that i'll do that for Ya Dick . We hired her for a freinds birthday party , she got the guy all hot & bothered , then talked him into taking his pants off & then she talked him into letting her handcuff him to a chair buns up (he was told he'd get something sexy) She then shaved his ass like a baby's bottom all the while he was yelling "let me go " his wife kicked him out of the house the next day when she seen it !!
Old 09-01-2007, 01:59 PM   #30
black2yaris
The Man In Black Lives

got the JDM rear badge in Da mail today from the Far East .. it's the one i got on Ebay !! &&& It's gonna fit perfectly ! Got the Yari out in the sun right now . I will be pullin' that rear Sombrero off in hours ... will post Pix when i'm done ...... stay tuned ! :~)
Old 09-01-2007, 06:03 PM   #31
black2yaris
The Man In Black Lives

Talking

here's the Pix......

DSC06946.JPG
compare the badges

DSC06947.JPG
The pilot holes

DSC06948.JPG
Badge on

DSC06949.JPG

applied a small dab of silicone rubber sealant to the holes before adding the badge ,just in case , soo i don't get water coming thru the holes ,

The new badge had the same curve (rounded,out sphere )as the old badge as the spot on the hatch is not flat ! .. got it in about a week . look to the 1st post for the link to the Ebay seller , He sent the badge insured with a signature req. he has more up on Ebay right now .....
Old 09-03-2007, 10:59 PM   #32
black2yaris
The Man In Black Lives

bump.. these pix up>>> in case anyone didn't see them
2007 2 door hatchback in Black Sand Pearl, A/T,rear spoiler,front & rear JDM badges,TRD CAI,TRD rear sway bar,exhaust tip,sill protectors,heximats,under dash blue LED's,short rubber ant,rear bumper protector,Toyota thin 7 spoke alloy wheels,pwr pkg,ABS,side curtain airbags,rear defogger,fog lights,mud guards,TYC tail lights,shift knob,tint all windows,security sys,keyless entry,clear paint protection all exposed front surfaces,TRD fuel cap,rubber dash & g/b mats
Old 09-04-2007, 12:03 AM   #33
Shroomster
'07 to '12:2 wipers to 1?

Drives: '12 5-door LE & '14 5-door LE
I can tell the "netz" logo is chrome like but the black behind the lightning bolt looks like its white or primer grey...is it just the light?

also whats up with the back of the emblem was it flat? no little nipples to go into the holes? is the whole back of it adhesive? does it move after being on there for a few weeks in (hopefully) direct sunlight?
Shroomster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 12:29 AM   #34
black2yaris
The Man In Black Lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shroomster View Post
I can tell the "netz" logo is chrome like but the black behind the lightning bolt looks like its white or primer grey...is it just the light?

also whats up with the back of the emblem was it flat? no little nipples to go into the holes? is the whole back of it adhesive? does it move after being on there for a few weeks in (hopefully) direct sunlight?
it has a off black color in the background , more like a silver black just like my front JDM badge has, in fact except for the difference in size they are exactly the same as the front (the front JDM I got in a Toyota plastic bag with the part # & Japanese writing all over )

as for the holes there are no pilot pins on the new rear JDM badge

the JDM badge is exactly like the Rear Toyota Sombrero that was on my Yaris in size , curvature, thickness,quality & weight "no it's not flat" as neither is the stock toyota badge on any rear Yarii badge

the adhesive is exactly the same as the stock badge & covers the whole back
i applied it when the car was hot in the sun (as that's when i removed the old one ) & it stuck hard & fast

I have washed the car twice now & it's sticking to the hatch just great ... it's been in the 100's here ... no movement what soo ever ..
I had my doughts about it when i bought it , BUT now i'm sold that it's GREAT ! I know the purests don't appove But I like it !!
2007 2 door hatchback in Black Sand Pearl, A/T,rear spoiler,front & rear JDM badges,TRD CAI,TRD rear sway bar,exhaust tip,sill protectors,heximats,under dash blue LED's,short rubber ant,rear bumper protector,Toyota thin 7 spoke alloy wheels,pwr pkg,ABS,side curtain airbags,rear defogger,fog lights,mud guards,TYC tail lights,shift knob,tint all windows,security sys,keyless entry,clear paint protection all exposed front surfaces,TRD fuel cap,rubber dash & g/b mats
Old 09-04-2007, 12:50 AM   #35
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
True, it's not authentic... and it does kind of look odd at first take... but I like it. Good job!

BTW, nice PJ's.
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 01:00 PM   #36
black2yaris
The Man In Black Lives

Yeah the PJ's !! I had to get up early to pickup the JDM Badge package at the Post Office ! those my Fav pair . Ended up wearing them all day .. The badge swap was the only thing I did all day ,1st day off in weeks !! Working lot's of overtime to pay for more Mods ..............the things that we have to do for our cars here in Yaris World !