Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-27-2011, 08:51 PM   #343
toy_toronto
always toyin'

Drives: 2010 5-Dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by FF_Attack View Post
I installed mine last night. It's kind of a mess and a little bit slow sometimes. If I leave the radio screen for the navigation screen the radio sound turns off.

My iPhone4 works fine with the iPod connection, but the sound quality isn't nearly as good as my factory stereo's iPod connection.

All-in-all it does the job, for $450 shipped it's a good deal. The interface menus are real ugly though.

Toy, you said you ditched the iGo navi app? Is the TOM TOM one much better? Any other suggestions?

- Chris
Actually, I ditched Route 66 and still running the iGO NAVI -- I think it's great

What did you mean the radio turns off if you leave the radio screen (with Nav/GPS running)?

My Garage.. 'Mild' Drop & Misc..2-DIN GPS/Navi..DIY:Rear Wiper Delay..Ramps/Roll-Ups..Rain Sensing Wipers / Auto-Headlamps
toy_toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:56 PM   #344
FF_Attack

Drives: 09 Yaris S 3 door
Quote:
Originally Posted by toy_toronto View Post
Actually, I ditched Route 66 and still running the iGO NAVI -- I think it's great

What did you mean the radio turns off if you leave the radio screen (with Nav/GPS running)?

I played with it some more and I too like Route 66.

When I leave the "radio" screen and go to the "navi" screen the music from the radio stops playing. Do they all do that? It seems that you can only run one at a time.

I'm really liking it. I'll have some photos up after work today. I'm also playing with the wolfncu program you linked to earlier in this post.

- Chris
Old 04-27-2011, 09:11 PM   #345
toy_toronto
always toyin'

Chris you should be able to listen to radio, CD, MP3's, watch dvd/movies (pip), etc. during Nav.

I too had that problem before but I figured it out after tweaking around with the menus.

1) Get to the GPS main settings (see image below) and try this:

2) touch anywhere on the screen and you'll notice a small yellow lock in the upper left hand corner.

3) Click on the yellow lock icon quickly since I think you only have a second or two before it disappears.

4) Set you default "source" which ever you like to listen to during GPS Navigation.

Hope this helps.

cheers.

My Garage.. 'Mild' Drop & Misc..2-DIN GPS/Navi..DIY:Rear Wiper Delay..Ramps/Roll-Ups..Rain Sensing Wipers / Auto-Headlamps
Old 04-27-2011, 11:32 PM   #346
FF_Attack

Ahh, you're a lifesaver... thanks everything is working now.

Some quick iPhone pictures:

Old 04-27-2011, 11:34 PM   #347
FF_Attack

Also, the long delay during navigation instructions and your music can be edited:

Igo8 Sound pause optimization ( time taken between a TTS direction and music to resume )

Edit your existing sys.txt and add ( or modify if already there )
[sound]
sound_q_length=200
queue_length=200
ding=0
suspend_time=0 ;timeout for wavedev to goto sleep

This is the lines in my original sys.txt
Quote:
[sound]
ding=0
queue_length=200
mute_os_key=1

This is how it should look after edit
Quote:
[sound]
sound_q_length=200
queue_length=200
ding=0
suspend_time=0
Old 04-28-2011, 10:12 AM   #348
hackenfort

Drives: 10 yaris
Please don't take my previous post wrong, I like the unit. My GPS works great, the audio is better than stock IMO, but not as good as the JVC I pulled out. My only complaint is the IPOD issue, I'm hopig to try an older iPod tonight.

IMO it's the best looking unit I have seen for the Yaris so far, and I'm enjoying it.
hackenfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 01:28 PM   #349
FF_Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackenfort View Post
Please don't take my previous post wrong, I like the unit. My GPS works great, the audio is better than stock IMO, but not as good as the JVC I pulled out. My only complaint is the IPOD issue, I'm hopig to try an older iPod tonight.

IMO it's the best looking unit I have seen for the Yaris so far, and I'm enjoying it.
My iPhone4 works fine on my iPod connection, just the interface and menu for the iPod controls lag and are not easy to use.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:06 PM   #350
piranha0522

Drives: '06 Yaris
Hey guys, i'm likely going to order this unit tonight. But I have a few questions which the the listing doesn't answer

- Does the unit come with GPS Nav software preloaded on an SD card? If so which software is it? I have seen a few different names thrown around in the thread so im wondering what it comes with.
- How do I get other software and maps if I don't like a certain one?
- Where have you guys mounted your GPS antenna?
piranha0522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 02:02 AM   #351
kachdoda

Drives: yaris 2007 hatchback
Exclamation

Hello everyone,
I bought unit few months ago. Everything works except GPS. I tried SD card received with Igo software (US. and Canada) but it didn't work. I contacted the seller on ebay who suggested the same solutions already posted but without result. the screen is frozen on the main page NAVI (although I did all settings: time, path, GPS antenna connection, etc.).. I still get the same message: NOT FIND NAVIGATION SOFTWARE!
could anyone help me to find a solution?
Thanks!
kachdoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 12:12 PM   #352
toy_toronto
always toyin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by piranha0522 View Post
Hey guys, i'm likely going to order this unit tonight. But I have a few questions which the the listing doesn't answer

- Does the unit come with GPS Nav software preloaded on an SD card? If so which software is it? I have seen a few different names thrown around in the thread so im wondering what it comes with.
- How do I get other software and maps if I don't like a certain one?
- Where have you guys mounted your GPS antenna?
- that depends on the seller. you can ask them if it will ship with the GPS SD card and if so, ask them which app they provide (* pref iGO).
- unfortunately that's the hard part. you have to dig the nets or find good 'underground' sites or maybe rapidshare, etc.
- I have my gps antenna on my dash, see post #37, #40 for my quick reviews and other tidbids about this unit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kachdoda View Post
...the screen is frozen on the main page NAVI (although I did all settings: time, path, GPS antenna connection, etc.).. I still get the same message: NOT FIND NAVIGATION SOFTWARE!
could anyone help me to find a solution?
Thanks!
The only time I encounter that error is if iGO.exe is either missing or incorrectly specified under the folder path, or if the microSD card is not physically inserted on the GPS SD card slot (check to make sure you're using the left slot, not the right).

Old 04-29-2011, 12:14 PM   #353
toy_toronto
always toyin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF_Attack View Post
Also, the long delay during navigation instructions and your music can be edited:

Igo8 Sound pause optimization ( time taken between a TTS direction and music to resume )

Edit your existing sys.txt and add ( or modify if already there )
[sound]
sound_q_length=200
queue_length=200
ding=0
suspend_time=0 ;timeout for wavedev to goto sleep

This is the lines in my original sys.txt
Quote:
[sound]
ding=0
queue_length=200
mute_os_key=1

This is how it should look after edit
Quote:
[sound]
sound_q_length=200
queue_length=200
ding=0
suspend_time=0
Nice tip, thanks!

Old 04-29-2011, 02:51 PM   #354
FF_Attack

I opted to leave my GPS antenna under wraps. I routed it to the center console and it lives underneath my rear cup holder. It works fine and always has full signal strength.

I figure it's no different than a cellular phone. If my phone is in my pocket, or anywhere in my car it still has signal.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:17 PM   #355
toy_toronto
always toyin'

GPS signal is pretty strong, isn't it? I was inside my garage with door closed and the gps antenna was under my dash during my initial install -- even then I had strong signals =)

Old 05-01-2011, 11:59 AM   #356
SKurj

Drives: 09 Yaris 3dr HB, BRZ
Great thread, I just ordered one here

A bit leary of the made in china thing, hope i never have an issue with it. It came down to Toyota Blue Logic for the same price or something like this.

fingers crossed!
SKurj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 06:30 PM   #357
Revsson

Drives: 2009 Meteorite Metallic LB MT
Interesting find. Looking forward to your installation and reviews.
Revsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:23 PM   #358
kachdoda

Quote:
-

The only time I encounter that error is if iGO.exe is either missing or incorrectly specified under the folder path, or if the microSD card is not physically inserted on the GPS SD card slot (check to make sure you're using the left slot, not the right).

I used the left slot. I entered the path: \storageCard\Igo8\igo8.exe but GPS fail to start and returns to main menu (for over 15 minutes)
When I turn off and restart the unit I get message telling me that GPS didn’t start properly and asking me to return the original configuration
-When I press no: I get same message for 2 more times then the screen returns to GPS main menu
-When I press yes : unit returns to factory configuration (reinitialising clock and path changes to \storageCard\NWDSoftware.Exe
Do you think that the problem provides from unit or sys.txt...?
Thanks for your help.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:30 PM   #359
toy_toronto
always toyin'

^ It looks like you're doing everything correctly. I'm guessing you may have a corrupted SD card there mate, sorry.

I'd suggest you contact the seller again to get this sorted out.

Old 05-03-2011, 01:51 PM   #360
kachdoda

Quote:
^ It looks like you're doing everything correctly. I'm guessing you may have a corrupted SD card there mate, sorry.

I'd suggest you contact the seller again to get this sorted out.
I tried to contact my ebay seller several times to confirm version he sent me in my SD card but I got no answer
Wich vesion of Igo are you using?
I'm thinking that version or syst.txt in my SD card can be the cause of initialization crash.
I really need your help. I can not count on my seller anymore... Apparently he sold me the unit without worrying about the after sales service!
Thanks.