Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2010, 09:43 PM   #1
bkrownd
 
bkrownd's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Yaris "5-door"
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Upper Waiakea Forest Reserve
Posts: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRide View Post
OK... lets put this all into persprective once and for all.

Toyota has had some gas pedal problems. This is indisputable.
I've even seen some pedal complaints posted here...which is verrrrrry interesting...
bkrownd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 10:38 AM   #2
wmgysi
 
Drives: yaris hatchback
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 12
No sticky peddal, carpet secured with a tie, Prius 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK198105 View Post
its just funny that 99% of the cars affected were in the States, all over the world not even a peep.....

I believe Toyota loads the ECUs in bulk so the same firmware version is across the board, i really think its operator error and not Toyota. In Canada we never had the "incident" of the accelerators sticking
Canada: we have a Prius and never had any problem with a sticky pedal. The carpet was secured by the garage with a tie and that works fine. They may come up with a new clip in the floor, but I don't bother. The Prius is the best ever car I had! We now just acquire a Yaris Hatchback after our Yaris Sedan got totaled. It was the drivers fault and the car saved his live!
wmgysi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 03:58 AM   #3
birdman
 
Drives: '08 Blazing Blue Yaris LB
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 496
Toyota has had a remarkable run with very few problems over all. With the economy on the skids and US car manufacturers clawing to stay afloat it's only natural to blow the Toyota recalls up all out of proportion so they can use it to gain some sales traction. Any company the size of Toyota will have issues from time to time. They will survive this as they have huge consumer loyalty. When this recall is over and the press moves on, consumer confidence will bounce right back. Lets watch for the next GM recall.
birdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 11:14 AM   #4
JetfireK
 
Drives: 2008 3 Dr Liftback
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Slidell, LA
Posts: 113
[QUOTE=auxmike;435171]I'm sure most of you have seen the news about the "sticky" gas pedals recall on the way.
THANK GOD the Yaris is not on the list. We also did'nt get hit with the floormat thing either.
This does not bode well on Toyota. Two problems with potential runaway acceleration with in a couple of months, that sucks![/QUOT

I found it "unusual" that none of the Toyotas made in Japan had any problems!
I also found it "delightful" that of the American Cars only Ford did not borrow money. When the Congressman asked the Ford Executive, "You don't want to borrow any money, so why did you come here?" " I'm here Sir because you told me come here!"
JetfireK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 06:50 PM   #5
RedStickHam
 
RedStickHam's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Toyota Yaris
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana, U.S.A.
Posts: 56
I got a recall on my 2009 Yaris today. Basically a label for the load carrying capacity is either incorrect or was left off altogether(I haven't gone out to check yet). What I have to do is put the new label they sent me on the inside of the door jamb. According to the label they sent me, the carrying capacity of my car has been reduced by 12 lbs!

Did anyone else get this one?

RedStickHam
RedStickHam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 07:25 PM   #6
Chuck G
 
Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The Great Northwest
Posts: 273
I just noticed that label on my 2010
I was wondering what it meant.
It's a Yellow label, right?
Chuck G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 11:44 AM   #7
Astroman
Modded Moderator
 
Astroman's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris, 71 Galaxie
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Wenatchee, WA
Posts: 3,670
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedStickHam View Post
I got a recall on my 2009 Yaris today. Basically a label for the load carrying capacity is either incorrect or was left off altogether(I haven't gone out to check yet). What I have to do is put the new label they sent me on the inside of the door jamb. According to the label they sent me, the carrying capacity of my car has been reduced by 12 lbs!

Did anyone else get this one?

RedStickHam
Ditch the spare tire, you'll get that 12 pounds plus back
Astroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 08:50 PM   #8
teddy
 
Drives: 2008 5-door hatchback
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 140
Send a message via MSN to teddy
I got a letter in the mail today saying there was a minor issue with the rostra cruise control unit I had installed. Apparently under some extremely specific circumstances using a 2-way radio and emergency frequencies the engine speed (RPM) can fluctuate mildly and cause the check engine light to come on.

Toyota and Rostra have separately investigated and found no safety issues, but are recommending it be removed, and they give me a refund in full for what I paid for it.

I might see if I can get them to install the OEM cruise control using the money they'd otherwise be refunding to me. Not only do I hate the position of the rostra unit, but I would miss my cruise control terribly.

I will scan the letter and post it here soon.

edit: looks like it's been reported already http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31279

Last edited by teddy; 10-20-2010 at 09:07 PM.
teddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 08:59 AM   #9
Yar15
 
Drives: none
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Finland
Posts: 31
Some generations of yaris have been made in France?.
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Yar15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 09:41 AM   #10
BluYrs
ヴィッツ ドライバー
 
BluYrs's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 3d 1.0 Linea Sol
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Tallinn, Estonia
Posts: 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yar15 View Post
Some generations of yaris have been made in France?.
Yup, including early models of the current Yaris sold in the EU. Mine was produced in Japan, for instance.

Terveisiä lahden tonne puolelle, muuten :)
__________________


The blue one
BluYrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 08:22 PM   #11
joe keeney
 
Drives: yaris 2 door hatch
Join Date: May 2007
Location: hemphill texas
Posts: 193
I have a 09 camry never a peoblem with this one. 07 yaris its more fun to drive.
joe keeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:32 AM   #12
joe keeney
 
Drives: yaris 2 door hatch
Join Date: May 2007
Location: hemphill texas
Posts: 193
I've also have a 2009 camry never any trouble. When they sent the recall notice I filed it in the trash,
joe keeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:46 AM   #13
jay cobbs
 
Drives: 2010 yaris sedan 4 speed auto
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: union city,ca.
Posts: 58
Arrow Steering is still the issue.....

I have the 2010 sedan. windy day on test drive but more play on freeway than my 94 geo metro aka suzuki swift. doesnt settle down on freway and wanders abit. same complant and recall as corolla drivers. power assit sterring on ecu set to high. only real fix is to try rear sway bar to fix turn and wander at higher speeds I guess. called my people at Big O Tire and they said no ajust for caster of front wheels lowering springs is next . will post next month when I can save up for sway bar at amazon about 250 total fix.
jay cobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:37 AM   #14
suckerface
#1 Lemming
 
suckerface's Avatar
 
Drives: Light Blue '08 Yaris
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay cobbs View Post
...lowering springs is next . will post next month when I can save up for sway bar at amazon about 250 total fix.
check out www.microimageonline.com for suspension mods, good prices, and GREAT customer service
__________________
suckerface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 09:07 PM   #15
yarista
 
Drives: 07 Yaris 3dr, 09 Yaris 4dr
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Posts: 17
Any Recall For VVT Oil Leak?

[B]I have heard that Toyota had a recall out for camrys because of a leaky VVT oil supply line. The oil line that sends oil to the VVT hydraulic cam gear can develope an oil leak. Apparently, there is a plastic or rubber part of the oil line up near the head that starts leaking. Does the Yaris have such a recall?
yarista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:47 AM   #16
Billiam
 
Drives: '10 White Yaris 4D LB
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarista View Post
[B]I have heard that Toyota had a recall out for camrys because of a leaky VVT oil supply line. The oil line that sends oil to the VVT hydraulic cam gear can develope an oil leak. Apparently, there is a plastic or rubber part of the oil line up near the head that starts leaking. Does the Yaris have such a recall?
That's an old recall and effected many vehicles that used the 2GR V6, not just the Camry. That issue was resolved some time ago. No, the 1NZ engine has no such line.
__________________
If you want to enjoy your car, stay off of the internet.
Billiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:35 PM   #17
Steveh27
 
Drives: 2010 3dr hatchback auto red
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Grosse Pointe Woods, MI
Posts: 82
NHTSA probes Toyota drivers door window switch

http://bottomline.msnbc.msn.com/_new...-million-autos

According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the automaker is looking into reports that the window switches on the driver’s side doors of a number of different Toyota models can overheat and catch fire. The problem has so far been linked to 161 fires and nine injuries.

This includes some Yaris subcompacts from the 2007 to 2009 model years.
Steveh27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:15 AM   #18
Gogogordy
 
Drives: Miss my Yaris, love my Jeep jk
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Winchester, Ca
Posts: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveh27 View Post
http://bottomline.msnbc.msn.com/_new...-million-autos

According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the automaker is looking into reports that the window switches on the driver’s side doors of a number of different Toyota models can overheat and catch fire. The problem has so far been linked to 161 fires and nine injuries.

This includes some Yaris subcompacts from the 2007 to 2009 model years.
According to the story, .32 million Chevy Trailblazers, and some 5 million Jeeps are being NHTSA'ed for the similar door-fire issues.

But the press will undoubtedly make this "a Toyota thing".

It's lonely at the top...
__________________
I'm the Prez at my house...in fact I cruise around in YarForce One!

When I'm not driving my Yaris, I'm doing this:
http://gogogordy1.wix.com/scooter-aficionado
Gogogordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Response from Toyota on my special order drdavidr4u New YARIS Purchase Forum 14 04-27-2010 08:59 PM
Yaris In Forza 3 whooppee777 Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions 61 04-03-2010 04:36 PM
Toyota Temporarily Suspends Sales of Selected Vehicles redglare45 Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions 0 01-26-2010 06:33 PM
Toyota Delays Buckethead General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 3 08-26-2006 03:16 AM
Toyota recalls vehicles over faulty engine Lizardboy General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 1 07-18-2006 07:07 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:35 AM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.