Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-15-2010, 10:49 PM   #379
Bluevitz-rs
1NZ-6spd

Drives: '05 6-Spd Vitz RS
well the 2zz manifold does indeed have shorter runner than the 1nz, so I don't see why it wouldn't be better.
Bluevitz-rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 05:11 AM   #380
Parmas

Drives: Vitz RS Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdydjded View Post
After reading 21 pages of post all I can see is an engine that makes 250hp & that Parmas cant stop adding parts to his car. He need to stop making adding thinga & tune & dyno the car as it is. Thats my 2 cents...
I asure you this "adding thinga" is about to stop as this is my last engine upgrade I intend to do on the car. From the beginning, I never been proud having that plastic intake manifold and I always thought of something to replace it. The problem was the costs and when I saw this intake I was actually in love.

If this intake shows better or even a slight difference in response, I would never say it was money wasted because I like the setup more with this intake rather the stock one.

I am sure a custom one specifically for the setup would better but I don't have that kind of money to waste more on engine parts. After all finished, I intend to dyno the car to get the results.
Parmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 10:12 AM   #381
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Quote:
After reading 21 pages of post all I can see is an engine that makes 250hp & that Parmas cant stop adding parts to his car.
wow. Do you enjoy trying to make people feel bad about their projects?
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 10:19 AM   #382
Yoda

Drives: 2008 Black Sedan
^rofl lol
Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:52 AM   #383
cdydjded

Drives: Yaris LB Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
wow. Do you enjoy trying to make people feel bad about their projects?
Cmon are you kidding me! What part of what I put was not true? I didnt insult him & he repeated what I stated. He said:
"I asure you this "adding things" is about to stop as this is my last engine upgrade"

If one is not aloud to give an opinion or states facts here then what is this forum for?

He can do whatever he want. I nor anyone has the right to stop him. But I can advise him on what I feel is a waste of time & $$$. If Im wrong then ILL be the first to admit it.
cdydjded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 05:53 PM   #384
Parmas

Quote:

If one is not aloud to give an opinion or states facts here then what is this forum for?

He can do whatever he want. I nor anyone has the right to stop him. But I can advise him on what I feel is a waste of time & $$$. If Im wrong then ILL be the first to admit it.
The fact that matters is how you put your opinion in a forum and to think before jumping to conclusions. I don't won't to say you are right nor wrong on this intake subject but yet you can't aswell.

I don't know you, nor what do you own but if you ever got a chance to put a 2ZZ intake on our engines and proved that on dyno that would not worth the money then you have all rights here. But since you are putting all words just like a matter of theories and no plausable real numbers, you can never say I am wasting time and money!

If I had the money I would dyno with the stock intake and after with the 2ZZ intake. At least I am one of the people who take risks on their project to succeed. If not, go rewind and all what there was goes go back again!
Old 12-16-2010, 06:15 PM   #385
cdydjded

IMO your wasting you time & $$$. It doesnt matter if you accept it or not. I know what I know & what you are doing has no logic. All I can say is prove me wrong. I want you to succeed. I will be the 1st person to say I was wrong. Good luck : )........
Old 12-16-2010, 06:18 PM   #386
Parmas

Quote:
IMO your wasting you time & $$$. It doesnt matter if you accept it or not. I know what I know & what you are doing has no logic. All I can say is prove me wrong. I want you to succeed. I will be the 1st person to say I was wrong. Good luck : )........
Too expensive to prove you wrong so that ends You're right doesn't it
Old 12-16-2010, 07:18 PM   #387
cdydjded

Sorry didnt understand what you said.....
Old 12-17-2010, 02:19 AM   #388
Parmas

Quote:
Sorry didnt understand what you said.....
To prove you wrong, I need to do a custom intake, dyno it and after getting results.... remove the custom intake, replace with the 2ZZ intake, dyno it and compare.

But never mind, I don't have that time or money to do such thing
Old 12-17-2010, 10:29 AM   #389
cdydjded

Sounds like I convinced you that what you are doing wont work. Please forget all that has been said here & just install the 2zz manifold on the 1NZ like you planned. Prove me wrong just with that manifold. I want you to succeed. I want you to prove me wrong on your initial idea.

BTW you are aware that weapon R has a sheet metal manifold for the xB? It would be alot easier to modify that manifold to our car.....
Old 12-17-2010, 10:34 AM   #390
Bluevitz-rs
1NZ-6spd

Drives: '05 6-Spd Vitz RS
Quote:
BTW you are aware that weapon R has a sheet metal manifold for the xB? It would be alot easier to modify that manifold to our car.....
His car's a first gen, so it would be bolt on.
Bluevitz-rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 01:24 PM   #391
cdydjded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluevitz-rs View Post
His car's a first gen, so it would be bolt on.
Good point, there you go, there's a low cost logical option : )
Old 12-17-2010, 04:56 PM   #392
Parmas

Quote:
Good point, there you go, there's a low cost logical option : )
Low cost? I just went to the weapon r website and the price is as high as $600 + $? shipping. The 2ZZ intake + throttle body + shipping was $300. Add a $50 job to make the adjustments + $80 intake flange.

For about $430 I get an intake with only welding on the flange, a 70mm throttle body which the weapon -r don't include and if I am not mistaken the runners of the 2ZZ are shorter which is better.

Also I can add $20 for polish and spray the intake as shiny as the weapon-r and that would be all.

I done my homework
Old 12-17-2010, 07:34 PM   #393
cdydjded

1) Whats on their website is retail, no one pays retail.
2) Here is the intake for $478, just $48 more than what you think you cost of modifictions will be http://www.airintakeheaven.com/produ...=p2735-c125825
3) I find it hard to beleive that you are only going to pay $50 to make the 2zz runners match the 1nz ports. The pic you post clearly show that the ports do not lin up at all. There is at least a 1/2 difference between them

Like i said please prove me wrong. Theory (homework) vs practice (actually doing it).......
Old 12-18-2010, 04:02 AM   #394
Parmas

$478 dollars should be a good deal if it includes shipping costs, duty charges and a throttle body!

Don't get me wrong but I forgot to tell you that one of the main reasons I decided for the 2ZZ intake, is that I like to own unique parts for my build.

As regards to not believing in paying $50 should be understood from here. The person in charge of this, worked all the stainless intercooler piping, exhaust manifold, turbo downpipe, rear mounting hardend and full exhaust on my car. Since a lot of work was done, he is ready to take off some $ from the total as I was a fellow customer through out these years. Cheers
Old 12-18-2010, 07:24 AM   #395
turboecho2005

Drives: 2005 Toyota Echo
Quote:
Putting any money into a car is a complete waste.

Turbocharging these econoboxs is a complete waste also.

And really who cares about time. Building a car isn't about who can make their car faster, sooner. Its about learning and enjoying the time working on the car. I've been working on cars for about 20 years and hope to keep my echo for atleast another 20 years. My ultimate plan for my echo is to make over 1000hp (since over 500hp is currently not enough ). But this is also a HUGE waste of money. As long as you know you are wasting money then its ok.

Sure its great to have a car and modify it. I have an 89 Isuzu imark Rs. I have spent $5000 restoring the body of the car to have it 100% flawless. The car is bone stock though. Its just my summer daily driver. The car has a book value of maybe $2000. In the end i am sure i am near $7k or $8k from start to finish. Why did i do it... because i love isuzus and have been working on them for over 10 years now. But I don't plan on ever selling it either. Having a car project is about working on a car... enjoying the time spent... learning new things... getting satisfaction out of it and then moving on to another project.

As long as parmas enjoys working on his car. Gets satisfaction out of it. Who cares about how much money and time he spends.

1987 Nissan Maxima - 40,000 original miles - Slammed
1991 Isuzu Impulse RS AWD Turbo - approx 250hp - Winter Beater
1989 Isuzu Imark RS - Mint Condition - 0 rust - 100% factory :) - Summer Cruiser - 100% restored
1986 VW Jetta Wolfsburg - 120,000km - Mint condition. TDI swap in progress
turboecho2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 11:39 AM   #396
Focus_Sh1ft

Drives: 08 Yaris Turbo; 06 tC Turbo
Quote:
Turbocharging these econoboxs is a complete waste also.
Sorry, but I completely disagree. 8 psi doubles the whp on these cars, so if anything these are arguably some of the smartest cars to turbocharge. If you're suggesting fuel economy goes in the crapper afterwards, I'd have to disagree again. With a good tune, I haven't noticed a loss in fuel economy at all.

In fact, everything you're saying ends up being a contradiction. Spending money on modifying a car is NOT a waste if you thoroughly enjoy what you're doing. If you're out to impress others, then you're pissing away a ton of money. Especially because there's always going to be people who are never impressed (aka jealous as hell).
Focus_Sh1ft is offline   Reply With Quote