Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 11:01 PM   #379
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Or, how about we come up with a panda version of a flat stanley

(we could paste a picture of the panda on a nice, thick piece of cardboard and mail that instead)

??

just trying to think of something so we can keep the game going without going broke here.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:11 PM   #380
Stove

Drives: 2010 Yaris 5 Door
I like the idea and I'd donate a few dollars to play but I doubt that a couple of bucks will make anyone more responsible about sending Bamboo on his way.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:59 AM   #381
yaris2010RS

Drives: no-longer-boosted '10 Yaris
i am really interested in this (after reading all 22pages....) its too bad people keep jacking the panda.

my mom had a flat stanely from Tx, USA, it was kool. the stuffed panda is way better! lol.

i personally say a deposit is way better then fee..... something stupid like a 50 dollar pay pal deposit? u lose the panda u lose the 50 bucks? lol
Old 04-23-2010, 01:08 PM   #382
Darb
Bear Traffic Controller

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
The tip isn't necessary, but I do want to tighten things up a bit.

A couple rules I'd like to propose:

1: You must give myself and next recipient a valid phone # and email address before the bear is sent to you. I'll call you to confirm that number and confirm that you won't have any problems mailing Bamboo off when you're done.

2: You must be active on the forums, if you've been inactive for more than 1 month, you're skipped. Sorry, but people randomly going inactive is how we've lost two bears now. If you are going to participate, you should be active.

3. Please buy mail Tracking, if available, it would be highly appreciated. Any tracking numbers should be sent to me or tomato, as well as the recipient.

I realize this may be a bit harsh, but twice now we've lost bears and had no way of contacting the person who had it. Any an all opinions would be appreciated.

Oh wait, what's that... my buzzer just went off...

Oh... hello...

Hello, Bamboo, II!

Kids Playing Chase On Freeways Get Smashed.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:18 PM   #383
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
How about getting a bunch of the shirts made and having those interested purchase a Bamboo? That way Bamboo can be repping YW in many places at one time, and there is a constant flow of pictures to the thread.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:20 PM   #384
Darb
Bear Traffic Controller

^ this could be a thing. Just have everyone who's interested purchase a bear and go. Of course, everyone would have to get the same bear, else it ruins the mascot theme a bit.

Old 04-23-2010, 01:24 PM   #385
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darb View Post
^ this could be a thing. Just have everyone who's interested purchase a bear and go. Of course, everyone would have to get the same bear, else it ruins the mascot theme a bit.
Exactly - Ideally one orders his/her complete Bamboo, rather than purchasing the shirt and having to separately order the bear.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:30 PM   #386
tomato
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
How about getting a bunch of the shirts made and having those interested purchase a Bamboo? That way Bamboo can be repping YW in many places at one time, and there is a constant flow of pictures to the thread.
Quote:
How about I order a bunch of bears and get some t-shirts made and just send them out to peeps who are interested, at cost? The hoodie is expensive, though, and they don' t have it online anymore so it'll have to be a a simple t-shirt instead.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:31 PM   #387
TinyGiant
Tiny Giant Clothing

Drives: 2008 Blazing Blue Yaris 3D LB
thats a great idea. that way the thread will get really active.. doesnt matter if its one bear or a legion of them :)
Old 04-23-2010, 01:32 PM   #388
tomato
Super Moderator

Quote:

Hello, Bamboo, II!

OMG it's another Bamboo!!! Woooot!

Hello, dude, we've been missing ya!!!

Old 04-23-2010, 01:38 PM   #389
DevilGirl

Drives: 09 3dr LB MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomato View Post
How about I order a bunch of bears and get some t-shirts made and just send them out to peeps who are interested, at cost? The hoodie is expensive, though, and they don' t have it online anymore so it'll have to be a a simple t-shirt instead.
I'm in. Let me know what the cost will be. What was the size of the hoodie for Bamboo? I'll see what I can find so we can have something a little cooler than just a t-shirt.

Too bad we couldn't have one by tomorrow. Doing a photo shoot. Well, more like a redo. First set of engagement pictures didn't turn out quite as expected, so we have to do them over again. Thank goodness I have a friend who's a photographer!

Car bought 8/7/09. Now over 89k miles of trouble free driving, other than user error!!
Old 04-23-2010, 01:39 PM   #390
Darb
Bear Traffic Controller

Yea, I think having a bunch of bears may be a good thing. Also, people with bears could hand theirs off, in person, to another member that they live by, if they want. Hell, they could mail theirs to another member if they really trust them. :)

We probably should start with an initial order list, so that you don't over purchase, tomato. Please add myself to that list. You set the deadline to add. :)

Old 04-23-2010, 01:46 PM   #391
tomato
Super Moderator

Quote:
Yea, I think having a bunch of bears may be a good thing. Also, people with bears could hand theirs off, in person, to another member that they live by, if they want.

We probably should start with an initial order list, so that you don't over purchase, tomato. Please add myself to that list.
that's exactly why they need to be done cheaply. I'll look into getting t-shirts. If peeps want to dress up their pandas with hoodies and stuff, they can always get that separately and send them off to TG for printing or even get embroidery jobs but the initial panda should be simple and inexpensive, I think.

Yes, I will most definitely do a pre=order list but let's do that in a separate thread and continue the thing with pictures on here

Also, I need to run this GB by the other mods first, because we've been having problems lately with non-registered vendors selling stuff on this forum, so you peeps are gonna have to be a little patient.

In the meantime, what's Bamboo doing up in PA?!! Let see life on campus, Darb
Old 04-23-2010, 01:55 PM   #392
Darb
Bear Traffic Controller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomato View Post
that's exactly why they need to be done cheaply. I'll look into getting t-shirts. If peeps want to dress up their pandas with hoodies and stuff, they can always get that and send them off to TG for printing or even get embroidery jobs but the initial panda should be simple and inexpensive, I think.

Yes, I will most definitely do a pre=order list but let's do that in a separate thread and continue the thing with pictures on here

Also, I need to run this GB by the other mods first, because we've been having problems lately with non-registered vendors selling stuff on this forum, so you peeps are gonna have to be a little patient.

In the meantime, what's Bamboo doing up in PA?!! Let see life on campus, Darb
I was actually going to mail the bear to JB tomorrow because she's had to wait so long.

Old 04-23-2010, 01:57 PM   #393
tomato
Super Moderator

Quote:
I was actually going to mail the bear to JB tomorrow because she's had to wait so long.
alrighty then.

she's gonna be so surprised!!
Old 04-23-2010, 01:59 PM   #394
tomato
Super Moderator

What's he holding in his hands in pic #1 ?
Old 04-23-2010, 01:59 PM   #395
Darb
Bear Traffic Controller

She already knows, I had to check that her address was still valid.

It's supposed to be a sign that says "Darb" on it. Hard to see.

I'll take a few more pictures today while I still have him, I can wait until I get my own bear to take more. I should focus on studying for exams this weekend anyway.

Old 04-23-2010, 02:09 PM   #396
tomato
Super Moderator

Yeah, that's part of the problem. By the time peeps get the bear, their schedule may or may not be open, so they don't get to it.

I'm still planning on showing up at the Real Enth's doorstep one of these days, to rescue the Bamboo from San Francisco. Grrrr