![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#1 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Hey I moved the RCAs around and wound the extra length under pilot's seat, instead of under rear seat (left side), no engine noise today, so I guess I still would like to cut the length of the cables, also I have to short the main power line, it's too long.
Any body recommends a good website to get shorter RCA cables? and what brand and/or kind? or should I just go to my local car-audio store? Sound is amazing and very clean. Can't ask for more. Well why not? |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 | |
|
559 Before the Hack
Drives: 07 Yaris LB Join Date: May 2007
Location: Miramar
Posts: 51
|
Quote:
I m currently running Stinger Pro 3 RCAs in my setup. They are nice and noise free. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
ps... #500 here!
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
Secret Agent
Drives: 2008 Yaris Hatch Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 350
|
I'm currently running the cheap RCA cables that came with my cheap-a$$ wiring kit. ( $20 4ga wiring kit )
My RCA's were also a bit too long, I just loosely coiled them up, used a couple of small zip ties, and stuffed the excess directly above/behind the HU in the dash. No noise, no problems.
__________________
www.sonicelectronix.com for all your mobile audio needs! |
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
Roadrunner Jr.
|
Grab YO BALLZ and go for it! If you need some finishing advice, let me know.
It looks like Scott is presenting me with a house warming gift...I may just keep those L1 Pros... I hope you're not upset. I don't know exactly what he's going to send, a pair of L6 SEs maybe? That would make for one hell of a three way monitor set. L1 Pro, L4, L6 SE? Psssht! Burl veneer all the way!
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” ― Thomas Paine |
|
|
|
|
|
#6 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
Don't worry I'm not upset, L1 Pro are too big for me (if I go with balls the sphere would have to be much bigger that what I have expected and I think it won't look good). I may go with L1v2 instead. . |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
|
Roadrunner Jr.
|
You want me to throw you some info on them? I can also see about B stock pricing as well...
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” ― Thomas Paine |
|
|
|
|
|
#8 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#9 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
.
![]() The other day I was looking at a Mercedesbenz, inside the rear wheel wells they have some sort of turf material like an outside carpet, that's clever a good tip I bet it helps deadening the splash water hitting the fender on rainy days... how could we attach some of this carpet under there? Another project on the "to do" list! D. |
|
|
|
|
|
#10 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Wow... been unemployed I though I was going to have a lot of free time, well... that's not the case, just looking for work turns into a full time job, besides trying to put all my ideas in order and try to work some thing out, it's been very hard.
On the other hand... my Yaris got a rear suspension make over! yeah I have a lot to post on the wheels and suspension thread, but my intention was to beef up the rear to support the big heavy subwoofer box. So far so good. Pictures soon... PS... finally I got rid of the spacers and my rear tires don't rub any more. (o: [10mm spacers got stuck) D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
#11 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Ok, last night I put the heavy box with three 10 in Solo-Baric woofers, it's connected I didn't crank it up and feel the Bass, it was 2 a.m.
My big concern is the rear suspension and handling, I hope it's worth all the benefits towards SQ. |
|
|
|
|
|
#12 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
OK, 3 better than 1.
![]() The Solo-Barics handle bass much better than the Bazooka Tube, and Yes the box it's much heavier, I think I can live with it! It's time to go after some little rattles in the trunk. ![]() The Bass from the Solo-Barics was absorbing the Mid-Bass from the Lows in my doors (6.5" drive) This is where sqcomp has a tremendous advantage with his HAT's L8s low in the kick panels I had to bump up 2 dB (+2) and lower the Subs 2 dB (-2) for a perfect match.The ability to "MUTE" each channel from the HU it's very helpful and teaches me about frequencies and how music comes out from the speakers. D. |
|
|
|
|
|
#13 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
This is how it looks inside the cabin with mids on the dashboard... Note: tweeters not shown...
|
|
|
|
|
|
#14 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
I got this article (Six Ways to Prevent or Eliminate Audio System Noise) from Car Audio and Electronics, it's a must read.
Six Ways to Prevent or Eliminate Audio System Noise LINK TO ARTICLE D. |
|
|
|
|
|
#15 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Ok, after 160 miles testing the Solos, I switched back to the Bazooka this morning... my thoughs:
How heavy? Solo-Barics --- 90 pounds Bazooka --- 17 pounds Car Handling? Solo-Barics --- Feels very heavy, and not very responsive Bazooka --- Very sportier stable and nimble, specially on the highway and at runs How good they sound? Solo-Barics --- Loud shakes all the car, better at high volume Bazooka --- Not as loud %15 less than Solos, best for SQ at low-moderate volume I'm confused / frustated ![]() 70 pounds doesn't sound much, but remember all the weight that comes from deadening, It feels like 5 adults + groceries
|
|
|
|
|
|
#16 |
![]() ![]() Drives: yaris Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: seattle
Posts: 125
|
whoa! three 10" Solo barics vs. a bazooka ?
Only 15% louder?! Hm, to me-- that's a hands down bazooka win. But some things to consider? 1.) What about kick/impact, Do you still get it with the bazooka? 2.) How about the rattles, do the solo barics produce any annoying jiggles in the trunk?--I had a pair of subs in my trunk several months back. I loved the way they sounded, but they rattled my car way too much.. Because of it, i hesitated to crank up the volume. 3.) Consider the low end capabilities, which hits lows better. And/or which will produce better sound for the type of music you listen to ? 4.) Power efficiency. Since we're only talking 15% loudness when comparing the two. The bazooka only takes 50watts compared to 200watts per say(I'm making up numbers) to power the solo barics. Less strain on your system. 5.) Weight, which you have pointed out. I used to drive to school everyday w/ a full load. (me + 4 friends). everytime i would get on the highway, it sounded like my car was going into overdrive.. Just horrible!! Handling...Oh boy, i dont even want to get started. It was hard to merge from lane to lane sometimes. If the weight difference makes driving unenjoyable, clearly it's a no go! Add the weight of your deadening, +70 pounds, +groceries, + your family/passengers. I can really see how things would add up. |
|
|
|
|
|
#17 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
BLUE TEXT IS "ME"
FcukThis;whoa! three 10" Solo barics vs. a bazooka ? Only 15% louder?! Hm, to me-- that's a hands down bazooka win. Either way... the Bazooka sounds too good or I'm disappointed with the Solo-Barics But some things to consider? 1.) What about kick/impact, Do you still get it with the bazooka? At low to moderate volume Bazooka Tube does ass good as the Solos 2.) How about the rattles, do the solo barics produce any annoying jiggles in the trunk?--I had a pair of subs in my trunk several months back. I loved the way they sounded, but they rattled my car way too much.. Because of it, i hesitated to crank up the volume. Yes! Solo-Barics shake the car more than the Bazooka 3.) Consider the low end capabilities, which hits lows better. And/or which will produce better sound for the type of music you listen to ? Bazooka hits the lows better, Solo-Barics handle better the other end; at low-moderate volume the Bazooka satisfies me better, to SHOW-OFF I'll rather have the Solos, I don't know if you get my point? 4.) Power efficiency. Since we're only talking 15% loudness when comparing the two. The bazooka only takes 50watts compared to 200watts per say(I'm making up numbers) to power the solo barics. Less strain on your system. My amp put out 300 watts: Bazooka is rated at 300 watts Solo-Barics are rated 350 watts each The guru expert guys may explain this better. 5.) Weight, which you have pointed out. I used to drive to school everyday w/ a full load. (me + 4 friends). everytime i would get on the highway, it sounded like my car was going into overdrive.. Just horrible!! Handling...Oh boy, i dont even want to get started. It was hard to merge from lane to lane sometimes. If the weight difference makes driving unenjoyable, clearly it's a no go! Add the weight of your deadening, +70 pounds, +groceries, + your family/passengers. I can really see how things would add up. Yes you got the point! Me thinking............... ![]() . |
|
|
|
|
|
#18 |
|
Secret Agent
Drives: 2008 Yaris Hatch Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 350
|
[QUOTE=derickveliz2;509663]
My amp put out 300 watts: Bazooka is rated at 300 watts Solo-Barics are rated 350 watts each The guru expert guys may explain this better. SMACK! This is your problem. You don't have anywhere near enough AMP to push 3 Solobarics! You need a 900 watt amp on those Solobarics. You put a bigger amp on those things, and you will see a huge difference. 300watts is good for one Bachuka. I am putting 400watts on one Alpine Type-R. And it's just enough! I would run a 900 watt amp on 2 Type-R's. Underpowered subs suck, and you can actually hurt the subwoofer by not giving it enough power. Lots of articles on the internet about this. One other thing: did you ever tell us anything about the BOX those Solobarics are in? Sealed or ported? What Ft^3 ? Also, what model Solobarics? L5 or L7 ? ( L7's are bigtime power hungry beasts ) How do you have them wired up? What is the total OHMS load? Are they single or dual voice coil? What ohm per coil? What is the RMS power rating of your amp at WHAT OHM LOAD? You gotta match up these numbers correctly, or you will cook your amp, or severely underpower your subs. How about a photo of them!
__________________
www.sonicelectronix.com for all your mobile audio needs! |
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| sound deadening: sq footage amount for 3dr | goku87 | In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) | 29 | 11-14-2013 12:37 PM |
| 2007 Yaris S Sound Deadening | sqcomp | In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) | 70 | 12-13-2010 07:40 PM |
| Sound deadening | 06vitzRS | General Yaris / Vitz Discussion | 10 | 05-05-2010 01:51 PM |
| Sedan Door Panel Deadening | sqcomp | In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) | 42 | 06-01-2009 02:47 PM |