Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-10-2009, 01:29 PM   #37
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnstevens View Post

The one HUGE complaint is the funky placement of the speedometer, gauges, etc. in the middle of the dash.

How long did it take you guys to get over it? Are there any aftermarket solutions for the problem?

Not long actually. I hated it for about 10 -15 minutes in the beginning, now I don't really care. Probably will took a couple of days to get used to cosmetic stuff like that.
tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 02:19 PM   #38
firebob

Drives: 09 yaris
I think I got it after I hit 80 on the interstate and didn’t know why I was passing everyone going 70. I had only had it for about 5 miles when I did that.

It’s very easy to keep an eye on it when your scanning the road. No more looking down to see something when your eyes should be looking up for that guy that’s slamming on the brakes for no reason.

As far as for back seat drivers I think they need to make a cover that only lets the driver see it clearly. Way to easy for a back seat driver to tell you what to do.
firebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 11:05 PM   #39
j_granlund
I've made a post!

Drives: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnstevens View Post
Okay, then. I've leased a 2009 Yaris. It's the base automatic. The value over the Honda Fit was just better and it came down to numbers. Toyota won my money by having the better deal in a recession. Plain and simple.

After about a week of driving I've got some good AND bad:

I can fit this guy F@#@ing ANYWHERE. ANYWHERE! It's that small and maneuverable. Simply Amazing!

The stock lights leave something to be desired. The headlights, I think, need to be swapped out for something brighter. I'm really not wild about the interior lights not turning on when you open the door. Double that for no automatic overhead lights. It gets dark at night!

I absolutely hate the fact that the lights don't turn off automatically. My ten year old truck had this feature and I've got to re-learn to make sure my lights are off. That just boggles my mind, and should be a standard feature.

The gas mileage is simply incredible. Coming from a small pick-up 10 year old truck? AMAZING!

The center dash is driving me nuts. I understand why it was designed that way, but that doesn't change the way I feel. Time will tell. I wish the whole thing was just digital, speed and all. That might make the change a tad more palatable. Any aftermarket solutions available?

The handling is excellent in the rain. I haven't tested it yet in Ohio snow but I'm full of confidence.

The view is INCREDIBLE when driving. Seriously? It's almost like a video game I can see out the front and sides so well. That said?

The small back window, with washer leaves something to be desired.

More as I drive...

Looks nice. Can't say i like the place you got it from, but it's your money not mine. Congrats on the Yaris.
j_granlund is offline   Reply With Quote