Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-25-2007, 06:31 AM   #37
pp.sweet

Drives: Red Yaris HatchBack
hehehe..you guys are alot of laughs..back to the thread..

aznbabiegrlx0x0 you never posted pictures..we want to see the out come..plz

wELCOME TO oUR wORLD..
pp.sweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 08:56 PM   #38
Elroy

Drives: 07 Blazin Blue Yaris
When I bought my Yaris heere in NC back in the spring, I wheeled a deal with them to put a spoiler on it. I figured it would be the little flip type spoiler. But it was the Rally Style spoiler instead. Not sure if they had to paint it or not, but it's the exact color of my yaris and they installed it. I posted pics of it back then...let me see if I can find them again....

Actually here's a link to the other thread with the photos... http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5844
Elroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 07:51 PM   #39
SeansGirl0604
Love this itty bitty car!

Drives: Polar White 2007 Hatchback
Send a message via MSN to SeansGirl0604
Does that spoiler prevent you from opening the hatch?
Old 09-26-2007, 07:57 PM   #40
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeansGirl0604 View Post
I don't want to sound like a dick... but I am.... now why would Toyota make a spoiler that would hinder you from opening your hatch?
Old 09-26-2007, 08:36 PM   #41
Keymaster

Drives: Yaris '06 1300cc
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznbabiegrlx0x0 View Post
i got the rs spoiler from ebay from critical a few weeks ago. and i called toyota to make an appointment for them to paint it and then install it for me. they estimated it to be around $185 for paint & installation. so i went in today and the estimator and the assistant manager n like 4 other body shop staff ppl told me that they can't install it. #1 it's too risky. #2 the plastic that the spoiler is made of might crack and the whole spoiler will fall off or come flying off if i drive too fast (LOL!!) #3 they couldn't install it and warrantee the installation (because it is too risky?) they also said that the metal part where the spoiler is drilled into the top of the hood might start cracking and then it might crack to the rear window and mess up the window. omg... i've seen people on yarisworld with this spoiler installed. and there hasn't been any problems right? what do you guys think? should i just get it painted at toyota and get it installed at a body shop? ahhhh. im so sad. i was so excited to get this spoiler installed... and i bought it already. so. I DUNO. HELP PLEASE :[
All these i have already hear it......And I saw some of these my self. The guys in toyota are not stupid and they want our money!!!BUT if the kind of job that there are going to do is risky they never gona take it.....This spoiler i took me and my friend last year and paint it in a local bodyshop (the top in my city) which by the way warning me for the kind of material.....After the 2006 winter the paint start to fade and peel of.....A note the toyota said to me the same thing that said to you....My friends lost his spoiler in a national road....Now I don't wont to defamate the E-Bay seller but remember the fake is not like the original....Now i put the TTE spoiler which is much more solid than the other and has much more money of course and i have a lifetime warranty from toyota for the colour and for the installation (http://www.tte.de/cm_yaris_XP9.htm) and the feeling in the high mph is different...And I need to tell it one more time I don't want to defemate the seller but I just want to tell my experience on it....
Keymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 01:35 PM   #42
Elroy

Drives: 07 Blazin Blue Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeansGirl0604 View Post
Nope
Elroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 09:49 PM   #43
SeansGirl0604
Love this itty bitty car!

Drives: Polar White 2007 Hatchback
Send a message via MSN to SeansGirl0604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Yaris View Post
I don't want to sound like a dick... but I am.... now why would Toyota make a spoiler that would hinder you from opening your hatch?
I was only asking because it LOOKS like it might. Sorry if I assumed this was a place to ask questions. But thanks for the help anyway.