Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-02-2006, 11:27 PM   #37
Yaris

Drives: 2010 LB Meteor Metallic
It's a chick magnet. Well it could be me, but probably not.
Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 02:27 AM   #38
DigitalVapor

Drives: Future Yaris owner
Send a message via AIM to DigitalVapor Send a message via Yahoo to DigitalVapor
I'm getting one because this will be my first new car i will buy myself, I know Toyota's are AWESOME cars and the gas mileage kicks ass. Last summer I had a Ford Focus sedan, I think it was like a ZXT? anyway I was coming home and I hydroplaned and hit a tree head on. Totaled the car and the thing is, the airbag never opened. So after that, I was done with Fords.
DigitalVapor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 10:52 AM   #39
seriousfun

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback Black
I bought my black Yaris 3-door Liftback about four hours after learning that the Yaris existed!

A few days earlier, my 1997 Dodge Grand Caraven threw a rod. Replacing the engine would have been more than the value of the vehicle, so I considered it totalled (I sold it for $500 to someone who had wrecked their but had a fine engine).

On that Monday morning, I called my brother who sells Toyotas for a living about 600 miles north of me. I asked him to look for something used, cheap, reliable, good on gas...he said I should just get one of those new Yaris'. He didn't have any, and wouldn't make any money from it anyway (profits are very slim to the dealer at this point - beware add-ons, etc., because these are the only way the dealer can make any money), so I got on the bus and went to my local Toyota dealership.

I snagged the one salesman who wasn't talking to his girlfriend on his cell phone, asked him if he wanted to make a sale today, and pointed toward a Yaris on the lot. I explained my situation, he came back with a deal, I crossed off the extras but didn't haggle on the price of the car itself. We took a quick test drive.

Within an hour I was driving home in my new Yaris. My last car before the minivan was an '86 Celica liftback, so I was happy to get back to a Toyota. My commute is 51 miles roundtrip, so considering fuel savings and repair savings (I had many things scheduled to do to the aging Dodge), the monthly payment should be close to a wash.

My girlfriend thinks it's very cute, not dorky! My kids (two tall teenage boys) think it's small (hard to get in and out of the back seat, but comfortable when you are in there). I've only seen two Yaris' on the street (one white 3-door liftback and one blue sedan). I have had a half-dozen people stop me to ask how I like it. I swear people behind me at stop lights are pointing at it and saying (backwards lip reading for me) "that's one of those new Toyotas - cool."
seriousfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 02:57 PM   #40
foober

Drives: two yaris liftbacks
seriousfan, I've been going through that now for a month. Having people stare at my yaris as I pass by. Plus have people come over and ask questions. Personally I like to be incognito and just blend in. But I'm having trouble with that while driving my yaris liftback.
foober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 03:31 PM   #41
redglare45

Drives: 07 Sedan - 5 Speed Manual
I got mine to have as a commuter car, to save some $$ on gas, Toyota reliability/low maintenance. So far I love this little car.
redglare45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 04:49 PM   #42
boxerboy

Drives: WRX ,Tacoma and Yaris
The price is right and the mileage. Being a toyota was the deciding factor. I will cut the cost of gasoline by at least 2/3rds. My truck and other car require premiun fuel.
boxerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 05:07 PM   #43
lowkey

Drives: 90 Integra, 07 Yaris
-gas milage
-its an 07 it is only 06 :)
-looks cool
-reliability of a Toyota
-much much, cheaper that the Fit after all is said ( insurance, warranty, taxes etc)
-better looking than the Fit
-the extra cash for the RS model was worth it.
lowkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 10:50 PM   #44
sroberts

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
All of the above :)
Old 06-07-2006, 12:40 PM   #45
Supa Lao

Drives: '03 Murano SL AWD
Getting my yaris for an everyday driver to travel from home to work. I bought a used murano for my wife to drive our new baby around. So right now I'm driving her '02 turbo jetta. Gas mileage on the jetta sucks and plus it reccomends premium gas. If I use the middle grade gas, I don't get the gas mileage I would with premium.
Supa Lao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 03:05 AM   #46
TRD_Yaris
Yarii Hunter

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback and S13's
Quote:
Originally Posted by wushumasterku
so why?
Pullin' hoes was too easy in the Lexus
Playin' without a handicap is like challenging an epileptic to a speedreading contest.

I got my Yaris because I'm sick of status symbols and having more vehicle than I needed. I rarely had more than just my GF with me, and only picked my daughter up once in it. I might have had people in the backseat a total of 10 times...
Old 07-05-2006, 10:31 AM   #47
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris Liftback
To replace my last beater commuter car... Really enjoy the Yaris so far!

Besides, I still have my show cars to play with.
Chris07LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 11:11 AM   #48
田中秀樹

Drives: SW20
i think about yaris because i have vitz at home in japan. i also need something more useful than my sw20. i think about yaris or corolla for new car.
田中秀樹 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 01:15 PM   #49
TrancosRt

Drives: 07 Silver HB Yaris
I'm getting one for the many reasons.
A- Cool looks
B- Affordable (Part time worker, full time uni. student)
C- Really fuel efficient
D- It is the prescribed car for my needs: a great commuter car when most of my trips are done with only my on the car ;)
E- I'll be paying some more money for a brand new 07 car than what I pay for my old, used car. Seems like a great deal to me. Plus I got a lot of savings on my insurance recently, so the net expense on the c<ar will be about the same!

and last, but not least: I want too!
TrancosRt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 02:23 PM   #50
Ran Kizama
That Anime Guy

Drives: 5-Speed Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Ran Kizama Send a message via MSN to Ran Kizama
2004 Mazdaspeed MX-5
205HP Turbocharged
25 MPG
Two Door Convertible
Seats Two
Payments: $400.82
Months: 60
Insurance: $205 Full Coverage

2007 Toyota Yaris Liftback
108HP Naturally Aspirated
40 MPG
Three Door Liftback
Seats Five
Payments: $352.04
Months: 48
Insurance: $160 Full Coverage

Yeah, the Yaris is just a better daily all together.
Old 07-09-2006, 07:47 PM   #51
Rich Norman

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Modern day version of the Geo Metro and Ford Festiva if you ask me. What more can I say, it's practical and affordable to operate, which fits in with my daily driver work vehicle requirements.

Good selling point was the safety features ( for a subcompact car ).

Rich Norman
2007 Yaris LB
Rich Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 12:08 AM   #52
60 Somethings
Old Folks

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB, 2006 4Runner V8
Taking it back a bit further, it's a modern day version of the Ford Fiesta, which made in Germany.

Ours was a '79 Fiesta Ghia with a sun roof. What a fun commuter car it was. Used to "race" it up the coast from Santa Monica to Ventura (So. CA) to keep myself awake on the drive home from work. The Yaris LB is just as fun and handles better, and as a retiree I don't need to commute anymore!!!!
60 Somethings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 01:10 AM   #53
bulldogs2k

Drives: '00 s2000, 2007 yaris hatch
LOVE THE CAR! I drive it more then my S2000. Infact, I dont even think about the S while driving around town in my little bubble. another plus would be the cheap maint cost, and the car is inexpensive to mod!
A
bulldogs2k is offline   Reply With Quote