Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 01:47 AM   #37
.Kevin.
I ain't even mad

Drives: 2010 1E7 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Send a message via MSN to .Kevin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tk-421 View Post
Why is getting them offline a big deal? Just curious...
Especially when you can get them for really low prices. Got $25?
I CANT I got no paypal, and no way of sending money.

I got scammed by sleey0 for a front grille trd emblem that guys a dip shit.

And I lost 25 dollars to him.

PLUS that guys fog lights are sold rr... frustrating the foglights are.
Old 11-12-2010, 02:02 AM   #38
yaris2010RS

Drives: no-longer-boosted '10 Yaris
get some random canadian tire fogs, lol. i hear u with wanting more of a car, im only 19 myself but im happy i got the yaris (and the lowering kit really helps) lol. make it fun. lower it, put in fogs, drill holes, put in a system if u like ur music (or jsut base like me :)), huge thing to do is put in NST pullies. amazing to make the car go faster. i put them in and i cant believe how much i get pulled into the seat now. the other day i pulled over to make sure i had gotten into my car and not my moms (v6 camry)

ur a kid like me, have fun and who cares what ppl think. go to the track and have alot of fun. the yaris impresses alot of ppl (especially in the snow)
Old 11-12-2010, 02:08 AM   #39
.Kevin.
I ain't even mad

Canadian tire fog lights look like crap they place them shitty so why bother lol voids warranty and what are you gonna do when those canadian tire fogs blow in a month.
Old 11-12-2010, 03:26 AM   #40
landrym28
3,300+ at one point.. >:(

Drives: 2010 Hatchback RS
Send a message via MSN to landrym28
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Kevin. View Post

As for Garm, How the hell do I buy that? I got no creditcard paypal is a dick with my bank I have no idea how to get my money to you unless Royal Bank of Canada exists there its shit.
Send him a message offline or here in the forums. He might be able to help you out with this situation. Who knows, maybe he'll accept a money order or something.

-Matt
Old 11-12-2010, 03:29 AM   #41
.Kevin.
I ain't even mad

I live in Canada, I could prob airmail him money in a day cash USD but eh we never talk I get repones from em.
Old 11-12-2010, 04:07 AM   #42
Black_griffin6

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic 3 door HB
IMO, you really should just save your money. Yes, the yaris might seem a bit boring or lame right now, but it's what you can afford. If I were you I would take my yaris and do some upgrades on it like springs, better tires, maybe even a supercharger or whatever, what would be way less expensive then a new car.
Your yaris will last you a good long time if you take care of it, and it can be a pretty fun little car.

Besides, I wouldn't get a V6 mustang unless it was the new mustang with the 300 HP V6, you get a V6 mustang with the performance of the old V8.
Old 11-12-2010, 04:20 AM   #43
.Kevin.
I ain't even mad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kOuZ...eature=related

This video made me cry almost btw because my dad got his Echo from a rental place, sigh.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:33 AM   #44
SailDesign

Drives: .
<sigh>
I'm 55 now, and got my first ever new car (2007 Yaris) at the age of 52.
Compared some of the cars I owned as a kid, the Yaris has power. Let me repeat that - my last car in Europe was a Fiat 126, roughly 40 hp from a 600cc engine. My last car here before the Yaris was a VW Fox, 81hp from the factory, same weight as the Yaris.

And believe me, Kevin, it is MUCH more fun driving a slow car fast, than driving a fast car slow. Until the guy with the lights on his roof gets upset, of course. Your Yaris is capable of breaking every speed limit in the country. If you're upset with the dickwad blowing you away at the lights, then wait till he gets to a corner and catch him up again. It'll piss him off even more.
HTH
Old 11-12-2010, 08:22 AM   #45
DebbyM46227

Drives: 2017 Yaris IA, Pulse Red, Auto
Quote:
I got owned by a god damn cavlier and sunfire on the highway just trying the cars limits out feels miserable even a corolla would of been sweeter. v6 has speed but not tons if what I wanted in the first place a yaris is like "...." no matter what lol and a cavalier is a 4 cylinder efficient in fuel yet goes faster and they cost like 3 grand lol, only good thing about my car is its brand new.
Trust me....you don't want a Cavalier! That's what I traded in to get my new Yaris. My Cavalier was the latest gen before they replaced it with the Cobalt, had 108,000 miles on it, it was a rusted out beater that got much worse gas mileage than my Yaris. My Yaris is faster too. You think a Cavalier won't suck up every spare dime you have? When mine had under 80,000 miles on it, the plastic radiator blew a massive hole in it, and right after I spent $600 for a new one, my head gasket blew...Another $1100.00.

And a year after I spent all that money, I traded it in on my Yaris and the dealer gave me a whopping $500 for it.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:01 AM   #46
Kal-El

Drives: 07 Yaris S Sedan 5-Speed
Kevin, what is this fascination with racing people from stop lights?

I know you're young, but what satisfaction comes from this?

You're either going to end up dead, in jail, or without a license. Just a matter of time.

If someone wants to race, just ignore them. No one is forcing you to race. Just start out slow like you're thinking about your fuel economy. And if someone wants to race your Yaris, then they are pathetic.

Even in my modded Yaris, I have yet to encounter anyone who wants to race me. It's just idiotic to do on public roads.

If you were to get a faster car, than this inclination to race is just going to multiply and it's really going to get you in trouble. What are you going to do in a Mustang if a Corvette pulls up beside you? If you had a Corvette, what happens if a Ferrari comes along? And even if you were rich enough to have a Ferrari, what if a Bugatti Veyron were to show up? Get my point?
Old 11-12-2010, 01:09 PM   #47
.Kevin.
I ain't even mad

It's not that I like racing, I've only done it twice. One time was around a curb and some v6 mustang from the 90's couldn't turn well enough so I just sway bared out of there lol

the second was that cavalier, racing isn't my thing I just like going fast sometimes and it turns into a race *shrug* atleast for them.

And yeah I know cavaliers are a piece of crap thats my point ! Either way I'm trying to get those yellow oem fog lights off the guy for my sedan last attempt here I got 400 dollars in hand atm lol
Old 11-12-2010, 01:11 PM   #48
RedRide

Drives: '09 Yaris carmine red 2d HB
FWIW.....

My first car at 16 years old was a 13 year old Chevy and my second car was 15 year old Chevy.

When you are young, it's a time to have fun, go places with friends etc without worrying about scatching a new car.
I had a blast with those cars and never once did I worry abouit scatching this or denting that etc.

Real friends will not care about what you drive as long as it's safe.

My advise...... keep the Yaris and enjoy life, You are only young once!
Also, as you go through life remember one very important thing.......You should own a car, never let a car own you!

Last edited by RedRide; 11-12-2010 at 01:21 PM.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:07 PM   #49
p123456789

Drives: 07 lb jeep tj
so.... if your car had foglights you would be much happier and because you cant buy them offline you want to trade it in? why dont you find a place that will accept money orderes.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:21 PM   #50
Kal-El

I don't get it. You can't walk into a store in Canada and buy fog lights.

This is a general question not directed at you Kevin.

Can a Canadian chime in on this? Thanks
Old 11-12-2010, 10:24 PM   #51
.Kevin.
I ain't even mad

You can get canadian tire fog lights but they blow and look hideous instead of OEM in the slots.

And honestly its partially why I wanna trade in, fog lights are huge for me and you pretty much need them here. But obviously you dont buy OR sell a car cause of shit like that.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:48 PM   #52
Kal-El

Quote:
You can get canadian tire fog lights but they blow and look hideous instead of OEM in the slots.
But why can't you buy any type of fog lights you want in Canada?
Old 11-13-2010, 01:36 AM   #53
.Kevin.
I ain't even mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El View Post
But why can't you buy any type of fog lights you want in Canada?
Shops dont sell anything where I live, plus my town is extremely small.
Old 11-13-2010, 09:00 AM   #54
SailDesign

Drives: .
Quote:
Shops dont sell anything where I live, plus my town is extremely small.
I know this is a long shot, Kev, but... Why don't you find what you want online, then get the cash ready, and ask someone with a credit card or paypal to buy them for you? Then you pay them the folding greenies, and all is well.
It REALLY isn't that difficult.
Honest.
Closed Thread