Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 07-23-2007, 06:12 PM   #37
ya_RS

Drives: 07 RS
Thanx... like i stated before... i dont plan on going staggered.... i just wanted to ask fo rthe sake of learning....

thanx to all those who responded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggie™ View Post
The rear wheels/tires of the Yaris are there to keep the ass end from dragging on the ground. The rear tires don't really need to be any wider than stock. Wider wheels/tires in the rear will cost you at the pump while slowing the car down. And I'd also be giving out those crusty looks to the homie thinking a nice 911 stagger looks good on a Yaris. My vote would be for proper offset and fitment for the front and rear while keeping the same size wheels and tire. The cheap way would be spacers, as has been stated previously, you would retain the ability to easily rotate the wheels/tires if utilizing a simple 5mm spacer. For those with bigger budgets, just get the staggered offsets wheels.

Now just an FYI... Performance wise, on a Yaris you would want to push the front wheels as far out as possible and have the widest tires and rims that will fit. You will want the rear track to be narrower than the front. This will help the car "rotate" when driving aggressively or on track.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:17 PM   #38
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggie™ View Post
The rear wheels/tires of the Yaris are there to keep the ass end from dragging on the ground. The rear tires don't really need to be any wider than stock. Wider wheels/tires in the rear will cost you at the pump while slowing the car down. And I'd also be giving out those crusty looks to the homie thinking a nice 911 stagger looks good on a Yaris. My vote would be for proper offset and fitment for the front and rear while keeping the same size wheels and tire. The cheap way would be spacers, as has been stated previously, you would retain the ability to easily rotate the wheels/tires if utilizing a simple 5mm spacer. For those with bigger budgets, just get the staggered offsets wheels.

Now just an FYI... Performance wise, on a Yaris you would want to push the front wheels as far out as possible and have the widest tires and rims that will fit. You will want the rear track to be narrower than the front. This will help the car "rotate" when driving aggressively or on track.
Some good points. But most here are just going for good looks, aren't even thinking about the track, and never drive aggressively enough to ever notice the difference made by some VERY minor differences between front and rear offsets, for example.

Japanese car buffs have been doing this kind of "staggering" on their street cars (rear wheel and front wheel drive) for years... purely for the right look.

Having lived in Japan (and Taiwan) for over 11 years, I thought I would introduce the concept to this forum. I called it "staggering", but maybe I used the wrong terminology in translation.

The staggering we have been discussing is not the typical staggering that's done on a BMW here, for instance. Maybe we should be calling it something other than staggering so people don't get the wrong idea and see it as something that only the "ignorant" would do to a Yaris.

Last edited by kimona; 07-23-2007 at 06:28 PM.
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 07:10 PM   #39
Biggie™

Drives: '07 3 Door Yaris of Doom!
"Staggered Offset" <---
Old 08-09-2009, 12:59 AM   #40
etheliters

Drives: 07 yaris hatch
I like the deep lip in the rear. as for wierd looks? I'm jumping out of a yaris, it's all about the wierd looks. Or unique if I must. If anyone has some pics let me see em...
etheliters is offline   Reply With Quote