Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-01-2007, 01:26 PM   #37
Yaris Revenge
GIGA...DRILL...BREAKER!!!

Drives: Lagann. ;P
I think the worst thing about getting a Hyundai would be finding a forum half as good as Yarisworld. There are lots of people here, people that actually know stuff. I've been looking at different Hyundai forums to get some feedback about the Accent, and the two biggest ones absolutely SUCK compared to this forum.

~YR
Old 05-01-2007, 04:00 PM   #38
spkrman
Banned

Drives: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaris Revenge View Post
I think the worst thing about getting a Hyundai would be finding a forum half as good as Yarisworld. There are lots of people here, people that actually know stuff. I've been looking at different Hyundai forums to get some feedback about the Accent, and the two biggest ones absolutely SUCK compared to this forum.

~YR
us folks that buy toyota's > those that buy hyundai's!

I'll give hyundai a few years, they may be worth a look if they are consistently strong over the next 5-7 years.

The Q here... if hyundai starts picking up market share... what the heck are american auto makers gonna do???
spkrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 05:37 PM   #39
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

Drives: 2007 WHITE HATCHBACK
Hyundai makes great LCD TV's I own one and love it! I would never buy one of there cars.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:28 PM   #40
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Hyundai does have a bit of a reputation problem... and fugly-ass cars like those won't help!

Though you gotta admit, the Tiburon is a very decent looking machine, and not half bad in the performance department.

Do they sell the Sonata in the US? I saw the latest version on a trip to Korea some time ago, if they're a shape of things to come, I dare say it is a very good looking future...

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 09:08 AM   #41
Yaris Revenge

Yeah, we do get the Sonata here.

I never would have considered Hyundai even 2 years ago, but my father-in-law is contracting with them through the company he works for... doing parts and service consultation. He's a hard-core patriot... served in the military, always buys American, yada yada.

And he convinced us to buy a Hyundai Tuscon.

He was so thoroughly impressed with what Hyundai is doing and the quality of their products that he's changed his mind about them. And it's not like they pulled the wool over his eyes... he's been in the automotive industry for 20 years, in the down-and-dirty part that likes to screw you out of your money. So his recommendation goes a long way with me.

And I have to say, the Tuscon has been a GREAT vehicle thus far. We've had it for just over a year and put around $25k miles on it, and it's performed flawlessly (except for the crap stock radio that can't even pick up local stations, but that hardly matters when you have satellite radio! ).

Hyundai's gunning for the big boys. I'm sure you've all seen the commercials now where they're comparing their vehicles to others that cost literally twice as much. They're REALLY looking good in those comparisons.

~YR

Oh yeah, Sam's obsessed with the Tiburon. He keeps asking what I think about them. They're awesome, just not quite my style... I'm more of a goofy hatch kinda' guy.
Old 05-07-2007, 03:15 PM   #42
Yaris Revenge

Canada's production Accent SR. Better with kit, no?

~YR
Old 05-07-2007, 04:13 PM   #43
kurokoma-kun

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
I seriously considered Accent as my previous car was 03 Tiburon. I had an AEM intake and Borla cat-back exhaust on it and it looked good, sounded good...just all-around well sorted out car.

But dayam, the gas mileage! I was getting MAYBE 22 mpg in that thing (in winter, in summer w/ A/C on was gas guzzler), plus other things I came to not like about it.

So while I think the Accent (or Fit, or Versa) might be solid alternative I'm glad I traded UP to Yaris!!
kurokoma-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 05:13 PM   #44
Imagine
Insert sarcasm here.

Drives: 2009 Black Pearl Sand 3Dr
The Hyundai on the badge is good enough reason for me to be turned off. I don't care if it looks like a Ferrari, I wouldn't buy one.
Imagine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:18 PM   #45
Bretsuaz

Drives: Yaris sedan
While some Hyundai models have had a reputation for quality and reliability, the Accent is not one of them. While most of their models, such as the Elantra, have been improved, it appears that the Accent is still lacking. They have a long way to go to achieve Toyotas reliability. As for value, anything you save on the purchase price and then some will be lost on resale. Can you imagine trying to sell an Accent that has 100,000 miles on it? You probably couldnt give it away.
Bretsuaz is offline   Reply With Quote