Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-07-2010, 12:40 PM   #37
john21031

Drives: '10 Fit Sport MT and 2012 Fit
Ok, in case someone wants to see the FIT's exterior, here is a nice video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74TzB...eature=related
john21031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 02:07 PM   #38
eht13

Drives: .
^ For anyone here that hadn't seen a Fit before?

Anyway, I prefer the new (2nd generation) Fit over the old (1st generation) Fit. Despite the car being a little ugly in a way, it is still cool looking to me and I like it. The only visual element that still kind of irks me is the large size of the fixed windows in front of the front doors/windows (in front of the rear-view mirrors).
eht13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 05:32 PM   #39
Yaris_Fan

Drives: Liftback Auto
The biggest advantage of the Fit over the Yaris is safety ratings.
Yaris_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 07:25 PM   #40
Kal-El

Drives: 07 Yaris S Sedan 5-Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by john21031 View Post
Ok, in case someone wants to see the FIT's exterior, here is a nice video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74TzB...eature=related

Quote:
Originally Posted by eht13 View Post
^ For anyone here that hadn't seen a Fit before?
LOL.

I've seen about 10,000 Fits.

BTW, if anyone is interested in seeing what a 2007-2010 Camry looks like, let me know. I'll post it.
Kal-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 10:01 PM   #41
eht13

Quote:
Anyway, I prefer the new (2nd generation) Fit over the old (1st generation) Fit. Despite the car being a little ugly in a way, it is still cool looking to me and I like it. The only visual element that still kind of irks me is the large size of the fixed windows in front of the front doors/windows (in front of the rear-view mirrors).
Or maybe not after all... I guess I really can't decide which generation I prefer... some things I like more about the 1st generation (the smaller size of the aforementioned windows being one of them), and some things I like more about the 2nd generation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El View Post
BTW, if anyone is interested in seeing what a 2007-2010 Camry looks like, let me know. I'll post it.
Yeah, I've heard of Camrys but never actually seen one before... haha.
Old 03-14-2010, 12:55 AM   #42
dvlnblkdrs
Shush!

Drives: 2007 toyota yaris
Send a message via AIM to dvlnblkdrs Send a message via Yahoo to dvlnblkdrs
iv seen both fits & yarii at the salvage yard(i work in total loss insurance for those who dont know).. and honestly.. the yarii hold up a million times better than the "safe" fit.. so it has a few extra airbags.. whoopeee.. its more tin canny than the yaris on most impacts.. screw consumer reports

but i also have friends with modded fits and we used to have meets with the local fit guys.. they only look good well modded...

dvlnblkdrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 01:14 AM   #43
kelevra
2012 CBR1000RR Hoo Yaaa

Drives: 08 3 door Hatch
The Fit is a nice car, in some ways nicer then my yarass, but i like my 2 doors. Honda makes a fine product, I had the first year S2000, finest quality I've seen and hand built as well.. I've had over 9 Honda motorcycles, so I have little to speak poorly of. Calling the Fit ugly compared to a yaris is ahh, pretty funny because I wouldn't exactly consider my hatch a looker, hehe.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:56 AM   #44
eht13

Quote:
The only visual element that still kind of irks me is the large size of the fixed windows in front of the front doors/windows (in front of the rear-view mirrors).
Attached Images

Old 03-15-2010, 12:35 PM   #45
33OH

Drives: '08 Yaris
I like both cars, difference was in the pricing for me.
33OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 12:52 PM   #46
sbergman27

Drives: 2008 Yaris Sedan
No Fit-Hate intended. But... considering the Yaris' better real world fuel economy, and at least as good, if not better, reliability rating... the Yaris has the relative economic advantage forever. Initial purchase price is just the beginning. But, of course, economics is only part of the picture.
sbergman27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 02:46 PM   #47
alam99

Drives: Saturn
For me, the Fit slightly edges out the Yaris

I don't have a Yaris or a Fit, but I've been thinking about what my next car would be. I currently have an 11-yr old Saturn which I bought new.

In doing my research, I initially settled on the Yaris, Versa, and Fit (in that order) as possibilities for my next car. I decided I still wanted a small car but wanted the versatility a hatchback would give me. The Fit was last due to its slightly higher price and exterior looks. The Versa was bigger than a Yaris but the look was mediocre.

I really liked the way the Yaris 5-dr LB looks, but was concerned by the small cargo room (seats up 9.32 cubic feet/ seats down 25.7). The Fit has 20.6 / 57.3. Also, the crash ratings were a tad lower than the Fit's.

After visiting an auto show and sitting in the two cars, the Fit became my first choice. What sold me was the room in the back seats and the interior seemed more refined than either the Yaris or Versa.

To be fair, the fuel economy is lower the the Yaris's.
Yaris: 29/35
Fit: 28/35 or 27/33, depending on the trim.

And, the Yaris's starting price is lower, too:
Yaris: $12,905
Fit: $14,900.

Two thousand isn't anything to sneeze at, I'm sure. But the interior is what really sold me on the Fit. Plus, the Magic Seats (true name, check Honda's site) in the Fit looked very useful.

I hope no one thinks I'm trolling. I think the Yaris is a good car which is more practical than the Smart and larger but for about the same price. I don't think the center console would have bothered me, and the pricing was very attractive. It just turned out to not be what I'm going for.

The Fit may look like a minivan, but after a while, the looks do grow on you. :)

Last edited by alam99; 03-16-2010 at 02:50 PM. Reason: As Columbo would say, "oh, and one more thing"
alam99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 03:49 PM   #48
sbergman27

Drives: 2008 Yaris Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by alam99 View Post
The Fit may look like a minivan, but after a while, the looks do grow on you. :)
Because driving a giant roller skate around town can be fun.
sbergman27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 04:37 PM   #49
alam99

Drives: Saturn
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbergman27 View Post
Because driving a giant roller skate around town can be fun.
Yep. :)
alam99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 05:17 PM   #50
zachryboles
Chunk love Yarii

Drives: 2008 Silver 3DR Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by alam99 View Post
Yep. :)
well enjoy your fit.....
zachryboles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 06:14 AM   #51
Y@R15
Dude wheres my car?

Drives: 98 honda VTi
honestly while i have been here in Okinawa for the last 5 months i have looked at the Vitz/Fit/and the Colt. if the Fit was a 2 dr it would look way better then it does now and it would win my vote for purchase. but since it dont i have been looking at the Yaris/Vitz. but now Mitsubishi is revamping the Colt with a Turbo R///A version with 2 Drs and i will wait to see plus i have to wait till i get back to the states before i can get another car anyways..
Y@R15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 07:21 PM   #52
silverbullet

Drives: 2008 Yaris LB
Sometimes less is more.
silverbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:25 AM   #53
B789
B789

Drives: Toyota Yaris
I own both Yaris and Fit. If I would never like to buy Honda Fit again. It would be Yaris, if not iQ. I find Honda parts being too expensive and Honda policies are annoying. They want to make money in whatever way they can.

I did not like Fit Radio code restrictions and that MP3 player is only available with sports option. What the heck these are basic things that are standard in Yaris for too long. IMO, if a thief has opened the car, the thief would rather steal the car (not just radio). Removing the Honda Fit radio is more difficult than stealing the car.

And Honda won't allow you to buy an after market Honda Fit MP3 player and use it.......radio code..............Honda presumes its stolen ! Well one can buy the code over wild world web.
B789 is offline   Reply With Quote