Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack
 

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2006, 12:35 PM   #37
DJ_Trizzak
 
DJ_Trizzak's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris 07 Auto CE -Blazin Blue
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 223
I would go with 17's
DJ_Trizzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 11:53 PM   #38
DJ_Trizzak
 
DJ_Trizzak's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris 07 Auto CE -Blazin Blue
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 223
ya changed my mind - I'm getting 16's then maybe lower it after
DJ_Trizzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 12:36 AM   #39
Ron
 
Drives: BBM Yaris HB
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 71
^ that's my exact same setup. 16", lowered. feel free to pop by sometime and have a closer look in person, seems like we're in the same neighbourhood :)
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 01:12 PM   #40
DJ_Trizzak
 
DJ_Trizzak's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris 07 Auto CE -Blazin Blue
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 223
^^ - dope!! - yah man I should check it out - you didn't come to the echo meet couple months ago? where in van you at - looks like you have the same color too LOL - Auto or Manutal? RS? LE? CE?
DJ_Trizzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 01:59 PM   #41
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing
 
fnkngrv's Avatar
 
Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In The Hotbox
Posts: 4,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKLAND TOYOTA
I'LL BE going with the trd 18's and shelving the stock alloys for winter.....
I have the 15s that come with the S and plan on putting them up for winter as well....I am working on getting 16" PKRs...
__________________
Team Tiamat Racing on Facebook


Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing


Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 12:13 AM   #42
Ron
 
Drives: BBM Yaris HB
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Trizzak
^^ - dope!! - yah man I should check it out - you didn't come to the echo meet couple months ago? where in van you at - looks like you have the same color too LOL - Auto or Manutal? RS? LE? CE?
no, i havent made it out to any echo meets. feel like i am betraying my mr2 club

i have a 5 dr blazing blue auto, basic LE trim. im out of town til wednesday, but shoot me a pm and we can meet up. i LOVE the lowering springs and fatter tires, both for looks and for the increased handling capacity.
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 12:02 PM   #43
spacemanoeuvres
spase peepole
 
spacemanoeuvres's Avatar
 
Drives: BLAZING BLUE Liftback 5 Speed
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bucks County, PA
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leenis24
Im going with the Flik Ftd (matt Titanium) wheels.


nice!

these'll look sweet on blazing blue as well
__________________
we am spase peepole
spacemanoeuvres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 12:16 PM   #44
Lafiro
 
Drives: 06 Yaris Sedan
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 694
Send a message via AIM to Lafiro
?

Ok, well my few questions.

Why hasn't anyone bought the 18 TRD's? Don't complain about the $1999~ pricetag. Just the reasons.

Also, doesn't it have to be 4 bolts, not five, as the picture of those greyish rims?

My last question, most important to me, since I have had my 07 Yaris Sedan, Pacific Blue for months now. What color rims should I get and what size, cause these 15inch steels are getting to me now, since summer is here.

Thanks!!!
Lafiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 08:48 PM   #45
wlfpck
 
Drives: 91 cb7
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by why?
It depends on what you are going for. For maximum performance the bigger the wheels the better.

For looks, the same applies.

If something else, then you can go with smaller wheels.

I'm prolly going with 14s.
actually... u probably don't wanna go over 17's... cuz the bigger the wheel, the more power it requires to get it moving.
wlfpck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 08:53 PM   #46
silverRS
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Silver
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Ottawa Ontario Canada
Posts: 80
on the blue I would get Gunmetal or charcoal.....looks sweeeet on the blue
silverRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 10:21 PM   #47
Lafiro
 
Drives: 06 Yaris Sedan
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 694
Send a message via AIM to Lafiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverRS
on the blue I would get Gunmetal or charcoal.....looks sweeeet on the blue

Alright, I was also told the same by a few others at my job. Alright, can any of you recommend any tire sizes, and rim sizes aswell please?

Thanks, again!
Lafiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 07:42 PM   #48
spacemanoeuvres
spase peepole
 
spacemanoeuvres's Avatar
 
Drives: BLAZING BLUE Liftback 5 Speed
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bucks County, PA
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leenis24
Im going with 16x7 on 205/50 tires. Im going with the Flik Ftd (matt Titanium) wheels. They would look hot on Meteorite metalic color.
JIC you haven't picked them up yet, there's a set of 17" on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/17-FL...spagenameZWDVW

these woud look schweet
__________________
we am spase peepole
spacemanoeuvres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 12:15 AM   #49
DARKYARIS
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris RS HB
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Crazyville, Canada
Posts: 48
I went with the 17" Motegi and 205/40ZR 17 rubber...Still stock ride height.

DARKYARIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 12:04 PM   #50
pascal
 
Drives: yaris rs 2007
Join Date: May 2006
Location: montreal
Posts: 6
I have 16 go see my garage
pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 07:39 PM   #51
YarisPR
 
YarisPR's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MayaWest, Puerto Rico
Posts: 1,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafiro
Ok, well my few questions.

Why hasn't anyone bought the 18 TRD's? Don't complain about the $1999~ pricetag. Just the reasons.

Also, doesn't it have to be 4 bolts, not five, as the picture of those greyish rims?

My last question, most important to me, since I have had my 07 Yaris Sedan, Pacific Blue for months now. What color rims should I get and what size, cause these 15inch steels are getting to me now, since summer is here.

Thanks!!!
Well i bought mine take a look and let me know what you think





I ride 18s because bigger looks better But i'am planning on getting some 16s to go on some trackdays evets
__________________
I Drive a 129whp Yaris ;)
YarisPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 09:36 PM   #52
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom
 
eTiMaGo's Avatar
 
Drives: lil red 5-door
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Posts: 7,744
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
18" here too... Maybe they're a bit harder to get moving than the stock wheels, I can't really be sure, the stock ones didn't last long

But for style, you can't beat that. And like YarisPR said, it's not a bad idea to have a second set of small, lighter wheels if you plan to go to a track sometime. You'll get better performance and won't need to pay quite as much for new tires
__________________
The price of freedom of religion, or of speech, or of the press, is that we must put up with a good deal of rubbish.
- Robert Jackson


Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 10:11 PM   #53
Yarisik
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 10
I think 17s or 18s look good on the yaris because the body of the car is tall. It compliments the height of the car and it doesn't look too top heavy when you put smaller rims. But smaller rims are the best bet for this economical car. So you gotta ask yourself do you like show or go?
Yarisik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 08:44 PM   #54
Galavoxx
 
Galavoxx's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Hatch
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 397
I think the 17s look the business on the Yaris and if you get a good quality wheel, you wont have to worry about the bad streets of Toronto or the weight. I live in San Francisco and the streets are tore up. However, I have no worries about a bent wheel because I know I bought quality. That old saying: you get what you pay for, it's true. For a good set of 17s, you should pay at least $1500 US, just for the wheels. And spending more doesn't mean you're not going to bend a wheel if you hit a huge bump and your absorbers bottom. You still need to excercise caution, slow down for bumps. Of course slowing down isn't always an option and that's why you want a quality wheel. If you have to buy cheap wheels, it's a good idea to get something that looks a little more robust. Dont get some sparce looking spider-web string-cheese wheels. Get something with some beefy spokes that look like they structurally reinforce the wheel, because they probably do. There's so much cheap crap out there that looks good, it's tempting. Anyway, get the 17s.
Galavoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:14 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.