Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2006, 06:59 PM   #37
Chris07LB
Super Moderator
 
Chris07LB's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Liftback
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by punch View Post
cat back???? please share what you got??
Take it to PMs guys... keep the DIY post on TOPIC.
Chris07LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 04:54 PM   #38
Notthy[Yaris/S]07
 
Notthy[Yaris/S]07's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan 07
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violin View Post
No the scion header won't fit.

thanx for the info jeje
__________________
My Ride From Puerto Rico Yaris Sedan 07
- MODS -
20% Tints
Tanabe NF2210 Suspension
Two AudioPipe 12 Inches for Bass with 1000 Watts Amp BOSS
17 Inches Rims
Ground Wire
Notthy[Yaris/S]07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 05:06 PM   #39
Katana
 
Katana's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris LB 1.3lt 06
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Under the hood!
Posts: 1,124
Send a message via MSN to Katana Send a message via Yahoo to Katana
Nice job there!Great DIY Chris.
Katana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 05:39 PM   #40
Chris07LB
Super Moderator
 
Chris07LB's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Liftback
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3,174
Thanks Kat.
Chris07LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 11:34 AM   #41
punch
 
punch's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan "D" package
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Barrie, ontario
Posts: 852
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris07LB View Post
Take it to PMs guys... keep the DIY post on TOPIC.
maybe you should get the mod to sticky the thread, and lock it then, this forum doesn't have rules, its like a free for all, ever since the mod allowed people to swear and such, this forum has lost much respect from me.
punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 02:26 PM   #42
Chris07LB
Super Moderator
 
Chris07LB's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Liftback
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3,174
By locking it, it would only get burried away, as it would never get bumped to the top, if knowone replied.

I do agree with you to a point though, but lets not get into it here, there is a section just for that.

Now back to topic!
Chris07LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 01:36 PM   #43
ChinoCharles
Banned
 
Drives: LB
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: OH
Posts: 7,787
OK, so I know you guys are wondering where the fuck the dyno results are.

Sunday rolls around and I pop open the install DIY and see that I need a 3/4 inch drive ratchet. Well, I decide I am going to try and torque those bolts off with a 1/2 inch drive, because I had honestly never seen a 3/4 inch ratchet and wasn't convinced I could easily find one. Took the heat shield off, got the car up on stands, and crawl under there... not happening. Chris wasn't kidding. You need some serious leverage for those collector bolts, as they are torqued to 32 lb/ft. Well, I go out and find a 3/4 inch drive ratchet at Autozone (surprisingly) but they don't sell any adapters or sockets for it. I then tried Sears hardware, regular Sears, Advanced Autoparts, Lowes, and Home Depot. Nothing. Called the dyno shop to see if he had one sitting around, and that was a big fat no. I was shit outta luck. So, I ordered a 3/4 inch female to 1/2 inch male adapter from Amazon.com and upon reception of that (should be here soon after Christmas) I will install the new header and go to the dyno shop.

Sorry for the teaser... of course the one tool I need seems to be a tool that you can't get without dropping thousands on a master mechanic's toolbox. God dammit. I'll update when I get the adapter and get the new header on. Sorry guys!

On the bright side, I now have a ratchet big enough to kill a large individual.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 01:45 PM   #44
Doc Zaius
Lurker supreme!
 
Doc Zaius's Avatar
 
Drives: old and boosted!
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ottawa, ON, Canada
Posts: 792
would an extender arm for the 1/2" ratchet not work? something to give you more leverage?
__________________
2006 Red Blitzed RS 5-door
Doc Zaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 01:47 PM   #45
ChinoCharles
Banned
 
Drives: LB
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: OH
Posts: 7,787
It may have, but then again I also may have broken the ratchet... that is a lot of torque to put on a tinny ratchet. I'm all for being patient and using the right tool for the job.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 02:01 PM   #46
H8SGAS
 
H8SGAS's Avatar
 
Drives: Black Liftback
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles View Post
It may have, but then again I also may have broken the ratchet... that is a lot of torque to put on a tinny ratchet. .
Been there in the past and broke the ratchet, good choice in waiting
__________________
Well if it’s not a hybrid how do you get such good mileage?
H8SGAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 05:59 PM   #47
Chris07LB
Super Moderator
 
Chris07LB's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Liftback
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3,174
Where's my phone call? I would have sent you out the tool you needed. Silly wabbit.
Chris07LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 09:29 PM   #48
ChinoCharles
Banned
 
Drives: LB
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: OH
Posts: 7,787
Actually Chris, I did call you... haha. Its a 330 number. Save that shit.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 09:32 PM   #49
Chris07LB
Super Moderator
 
Chris07LB's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Liftback
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles View Post
Actually Chris, I did call you... haha. Its a 330 number. Save that shit.
Word? Sorry Charles, did you leave a voice mail? Phones been acting a bit strange lately.
Chris07LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 09:35 PM   #50
ChinoCharles
Banned
 
Drives: LB
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: OH
Posts: 7,787
Naw, I didn't leave a voicemail. Its not a big deal homie, I've got the shit in the mail now! Thanks though, next time I'll leave one now that I know.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 06:04 AM   #51
ism3t
YarVitz
 
ism3t's Avatar
 
Drives: 07' Yaris Liftback
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 222
no one else hearing a kind of sputterin noise? or similar to a lawn mower or car kart when they accel?
ism3t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 09:33 AM   #52
Chris07LB
Super Moderator
 
Chris07LB's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Liftback
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by ism3t View Post
no one else hearing a kind of sputterin noise? or similar to a lawn mower or car kart when they accel?
If your hearing that, you have a leak somewhere.. either at the collector, or the header gasket.
Chris07LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 12:45 PM   #53
mikeukrainetz
 
mikeukrainetz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Toyota Yaris
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 564
why the specialty tools? why not use a breaker bar? its like 20 bucks at any parts store.
mikeukrainetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 01:00 PM   #54
Chris07LB
Super Moderator
 
Chris07LB's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Liftback
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3,174
Didn't think what I listed in my parts list, was anything special. Its a DIY ment to "help" in the install process, its not the bible on one way of doing something.

Depending on how high you can get your car off the ground (without a lift), its going to be hard to spin a breaker bar, with the limited amount or room you will have under the car. Everyone's different though, whatever works.
Chris07LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tanabe Strut Tower Bar Install & Review [pics!] Chris07LB Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack 57 04-07-2022 07:46 AM
TANABE DF210 Spring Install [pics] Chris07LB DIY / Maintenance / Service 148 07-16-2007 09:26 PM
GROUP BUY - Megan Racing 4-1 Header... riceboy Items for Sale by private party 489 01-10-2007 06:45 PM
VA/MD Owners - Megan Racing Header ProMotionTuning Performance Modifications 4 11-30-2006 02:54 PM
HOLEY COW 674.75 to install TRD lowering springs dbaxter Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack 11 08-09-2006 12:40 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:03 AM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.