Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-05-2007, 03:38 PM   #37
1tmaxxer

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB - Polar White
Premiere Issue

Does anyone have the first issue in which they are willing to part with?
see attachement
Attached Images

1tmaxxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 03:40 PM   #38
YarisGuy

Drives: 2006 Yaris
I picked up a copy of 3 this morning. I have 1, 2, and 3 so far. Unwilling to part with any of them
Old 07-05-2007, 07:44 PM   #39
Motorhead6T5

Drives: 07 NCP96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaris Revenge View Post
I've yet to hear of them mentioning the Hyundai Accent, which deserves at least as much spotlight as the Versa. And for issue #3, what's the deal with a tagline like "Micros gone mad" with a photo of that fatass xB?

~YR
I don't know how they can consider the new xb a sub compact
Old 07-05-2007, 09:22 PM   #40
drifto

Drives: 07 5spd Yaris LB
Send a message via MSN to drifto
i picked it up today at lunch... the only interesting sections were the portable navi section and the 08 xB write-up. and where did the versa go? lol i still like the mag though, at least its aimed towards our car. nothing worse than flipping through 27 pages of k series motor mods and 240sx/silvia swaps

07 Yaris LB 5spd
AE86 Corolla GTS 5spd
http://microimage.ning.com/
http://www.microimageonline.com/store.html
drifto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 09:51 PM   #41
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
still waiting for it to hit Toledo, we are a bit slow here :(
Old 07-05-2007, 10:38 PM   #42
smokinyaris

Drives: bad boy
i cannot find these mag
smokinyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 10:03 AM   #43
1tmaxxer

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB - Polar White
RE: BackIssues

echo_hrs - I tried to order the back issue of the first premeire issue but they are not available from primedia. On their web site only issue 2 and 3 are available for order. I also called and spoke to someone and he told me that they ran out of the first issue.

Again is there anyone who has the first issue in which they are willing to part with? Maybe someone has an extra copy. I would pay for it $.
1tmaxxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 10:50 AM   #44
ROCKLAND TOYOTA
TRIM HUNTER

Drives: 2007 BLAZIN BLUE YARIS 3 DR
that versa pushing almost 300 horses is cool.but the close relationship between the new xd and our yaris is interesting.(since i found out that the new strut bar from TRD ALSO FITS the yaris and the 1.8 motor found in the new european yaris is the same as the xd)

TOYOTA PARTS AT A DISCOUNT........
ROCKLAND TOYOTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 11:33 AM   #45
redyaris
Shiny Chromey Coolness

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Liftback
This mag is NOT improving. Its getting worse. Issue 2 left me hoping for more. This rag will be pulled in less than a year.

Here's my review of Siphon issue 3: the xbloated edition.

Front cover: Shows the new xbloated running away from taking out two of its 'lesser' brethren. Nice. That'll get em lots of xboxer 1st gen readers.

Inside cover: well looky here, an ad for the xbloated. Just how much payola did Scion push to Primedia anyway?

Contents Page: Yippee! the Kaminari Yaris. One of only 7 images of a Yaris in the entire mag (and this includes ads)

News Page 1: 3 Honda concept cars that are soon to be crushed forever and look like stretched accords. Yawn.

News Page 2:Siphon has a SCOOP! Its the Mazder 2!!! A 4th Japanese model for Siphon to receive payola from. Coming soon: 'Turbo Mazder2 Spanks the Xd!!!'

Feature Article S.o1: Scion's New Icons - 10 whopping paid ad pages of the new Scions: the xd and the xbloated. Wow. They are really trying to make me like these things! I could have gone to the Toyota dealer and gotten a brochure for free however. The only redeeming quality of this ad copy is that they repeatedly criticize the weight gains of both of the new Scions.

Feature Article Fo1: Project Honda Fit - Here we get to read all about how they bolted some parts onto a stock Fit to make it 'show' quality. Yawn again. The end product is even uglier than the stock version. Im sure people at the show were laughing. Yarisworld has better DIYs than Siphon does!!

Feature Article CVR - Scion Transformation - Oh goody yet another xbloated feature. At this point I just have to put this mag in the trash.

Ok, due to my service to yarisworld members, i take it out of the trash later and wipe the coffee grounds off of it and continue reading.

and what do i find next?

Feature Article f.01 - Graphically Inclined - Another xb feature. Well at least its 1st gen. But now I can say my eyes have seen indeed what may be the world's homliest xb...and my eyes are hating me for it! Never mind that they show the exhaust with a silencer in it (wimps).

Well, im still hoping. Its good to keep hope alive. Turn the page.

Feature Article f.02 - Bejeweled Box - Oh my god. Im just gonna have to put a fork in the toaster now. Yes you guessed it. an xb again. This one is a Chrysler Imperial version however so that makes it real special. Better watch that exhaust in Cali boys. I hear you get nabbed for that shit. And dont forget to show that bangin blue camber plate. Bet that set him back a couple of grand.

Feature Article f.03 - K-Car Coming - Someone at this mag has a Chrysler fetish. Im sure of it. At least they compared a Honda Fit to a K car and that works for me.

btw, this Fit reminds me of black Yaris' car but not nearly as menacing.

Feature Article f.04 - B- Segment Bruiser - Now appearing on PAGE 91 the Kaminari Yaris!!!! It took me this long to reach this article after wading through multiple Fits and Scions?

The Kaminari looks damn good (im lovin the weds sports wheels).

Ok the one article with the Yaris was the only highlight. The rest of Siphon 3, dont bother. I again place the issue into its rightful place: the waste can.

I give it 2 thumbs down.
Old 07-06-2007, 11:41 AM   #46
staticorex

Drives: Sc'd Yaris Sedan.
I understand your point red Yaris. But it is a new mag. I think it will get better. And they won't pull it if we keep buying the hell out of them. :p As far as the ads... of course they will push scion. There's only some 5 cars they talk about and 3 are Toyotas. :) I like them so far. There just isn't much to report on in this sector yet.

Optimism. :)
Old 07-06-2007, 11:46 AM   #47
kurokoma-kun

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by redyaris View Post
This mag is NOT improving. Its getting worse. Issue 2 left me hoping for more. This rag will be pulled in less than a year.
I saw on craigslist back in May that Siphon were hiring a new Editor. Even though magazine features are often decided on months in advance, that may help explain the lackluster content.
Old 07-06-2007, 11:47 AM   #48
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Ah come on issue 2 was pretty damn pro-Yaris, they have to shift the focus a bit, especially with the new arrivals of the xD and xA, although Scion is really stretching the limit of the name "compact" with those...

What we need to start is YarisWorld: The Magazine

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 11:48 AM   #49
redyaris
Shiny Chromey Coolness

If I was a Nissan Versite id be REALLY pissed! They got no coverage in this mag.

I still have to ask, why dont they expand the coverage to some other cars out there. Its already beyond boring reading about (in this order)

1. Fit
2. Scion
3. Versa
4. Yaris

Theres got to be some maniac out there with a decently modded Aveo that Siphon should seek out.
Old 07-06-2007, 11:57 AM   #50
redyaris
Shiny Chromey Coolness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurokoma-kun View Post
I saw on craigslist back in May that Siphon were hiring a new Editor. Even though magazine features are often decided on months in advance, that may help explain the lackluster content.
They actually placed an ad on Craigs List? That will get them the quality that they are sorely lacking.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:03 PM   #51
webomatics

Drives: SILVER BULLET
Is it me or they dont have material to release the mag on time? and i have to agree with REDYARIS this mag was boooring. You just wait and will be seeing clios and polos in no time.
webomatics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 02:02 PM   #52
kurokoma-kun

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post
What we need to start is YarisWorld: The Magazine
Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter!
Old 07-06-2007, 03:45 PM   #53
Yaris Revenge
GIGA...DRILL...BREAKER!!!

Drives: Lagann. ;P
Quote:
Originally Posted by redyaris View Post
1. Fit
2. Scion
3. Versa
4. Yaris
1. Fit
2. xA
3. xB (G1)
4. xD
5. xB (G2)
6. Versa
7. Yaris
8. Hyundai Accent. (Why does everyone keep forgetting the Accent??? It's not a bad car, certainly no worse than the Versa.)

What's the deal on the Mazda 2? Is it coming to the States? I thought Ford was bringing over a mini-Focus based on it's platform instead?

The smart fortwo will probably be on their list next year as well. No competitior in performance, but you can still mod the hell out of them for fun.

~YR
Attached Images

Last edited by Yaris Revenge; 07-06-2007 at 03:57 PM.
Yaris Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 03:47 PM   #54
Thotprawsis

Drives: '07 Blazin' Blue LB
Checked it out @ B&N. I wasn't overly impressed. I did buy it though, we need to support this. It's the only thing we have out there. With enough support and feed back this rag should improve.
Thotprawsis is offline   Reply With Quote