Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-25-2007, 06:13 AM   #37
jdium
Mr Attitude

Drives: Blazing Blue 5 Spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatboyjer View Post
fucking phirranas.

We're a community not a fucking lynch mob. if i wanted to be an elitist snob i'd have joined a community for a car worth more than 12000

and look instead of fighting back he's still asking for ya'll opinions on what the best oil would be.
Phirranas?

If you wanted to be an elitist snob? Can you afford to be? Check out the "elitist snob" forums, then realize everyone online is elitist. We are on this forum because we have opinions, some of them strong, and most not willing to give in on them...

Good for him, he has thick skin, enough intelligence to realize that he has to dig for his answers, didn't realize he was being belittled, doesn't catch the language differences, or just don't give a fuck...

He put out the effort, we all recognize that, but some of us realize that the effort amounts to nothing, except maybe more noise and .1 hp...
Old 08-26-2007, 03:10 AM   #38
thatboyjer

Drives: 5spd 2007 Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdium View Post
Phirranas?

If you wanted to be an elitist snob? Can you afford to be? Check out the "elitist snob" forums, then realize everyone online is elitist. We are on this forum because we have opinions, some of them strong, and most not willing to give in on them...

Good for him, he has thick skin, enough intelligence to realize that he has to dig for his answers, didn't realize he was being belittled, doesn't catch the language differences, or just don't give a fuck...

He put out the effort, we all recognize that, but some of us realize that the effort amounts to nothing, except maybe more noise and .1 hp...
i think most everyone realizes that the effort, even if you supported what he did, doesn't amount to a drastic change in preformance.

What i'm getting at is it still doesn't change the fact that others took this as an opportunity to dish out some pretty cheap shots. I mean we could argue all day and night about negativity and label it all as difference of opinion or we could just lay off the testosterone and put input where input is needed, and cut the bullshit outta it.

you should know what i meant about the phiranna comment anyways jdium, as i recall not alot of people took too kindly on your opinions in the jc whitney car topic. You later apologized though, or at least i think.

[Debadged] [Tanabe DF210] [Limo Tint][17" Fondmetal Wheels] [Pioneer HU]
--:: Wishlist, PM me ::--
[SSK (WTB)] [Black Sand Pearl Eyelids (WTB)]
thatboyjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 05:14 AM   #39
jdium
Mr Attitude

Drives: Blazing Blue 5 Spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatboyjer View Post
i think most everyone realizes that the effort, even if you supported what he did, doesn't amount to a drastic change in preformance.

What i'm getting at is it still doesn't change the fact that others took this as an opportunity to dish out some pretty cheap shots. I mean we could argue all day and night about negativity and label it all as difference of opinion or we could just lay off the testosterone and put input where input is needed, and cut the bullshit outta it.

you should know what i meant about the phiranna comment anyways jdium, as i recall not alot of people took too kindly on your opinions in the jc whitney car topic. You later apologized though, or at least i think.
Yea, it's not a drastic change, and some people took that chance to throw rocks at glass walls. But if someone can't realize that everyone/everything on the internet is basically a hand full of poo with corn in it, then they shouldn't be online. This guy did a good job of sorting out the corn.

Testosterone has nothing to do with this, information is everything. He is being caught up on the facts the hard way. The PARANHA comment was a jab about the spelling, sorry I didn't make the sarcasm clear. (Is it sarcasm if you make it clear?) I don't really care about the comments after my JC Whitney post. I did apologize, because I felt I had offended some people with racial comments, which I did not intend too. If people didn't appreciate the humor, funk them...
Old 08-26-2007, 05:21 AM   #40
John_v63400

Drives: 2007 Yaris 4dr. S
lol you guys are crazy,
On the otherhand
I think if he ripped out the filter pad on the top of the intake box and just disconected the intake tube that connects to the box, he would of gained the same.
Cause with taking off that tube that connects to the Air box, you gain more air flow cause it seems a bit more restrictive.
John_v63400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 05:42 PM   #41
BrazdonW
What kind of car is that?

Drives: Yaris 3d liftback
Send a message via AIM to BrazdonW
General hippie statement: love not war my babies ;)
Old 08-26-2007, 07:21 PM   #42
caveatipse
Banned

Drives: 2007 Black Yaris
Wouldn't changing the amount of air that enters the combustion chamber, or at lesat how freely that air is obtained, change the fule/air mixture, and thus necessitate a change in the timing? I know this is all computerized, but would this not put undue strain on the timing system? Just asking.
caveatipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 11:54 PM   #43
thatboyjer

Drives: 5spd 2007 Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by caveatipse View Post
I know this is all computerized, but would this not put undue strain on the timing system? Just asking.
you know, i was thinking that exact thing. but i got caught up in the other part we were talking about on this topic haha.

and yes the sarcasm flew over my head. thank you for telling me how to spell piranha the world is a better place now. lol jk jk

[Debadged] [Tanabe DF210] [Limo Tint][17" Fondmetal Wheels] [Pioneer HU]
--:: Wishlist, PM me ::--
[SSK (WTB)] [Black Sand Pearl Eyelids (WTB)]
thatboyjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 12:15 AM   #44
churp
Clean and (dis)Functional

Drives: Yaris 2dr--Black Betty
Damn.....heck of a lot of stale stinking air flowing in this thread! How can so many people rag on a guy for theoretically improving his airflow. Might not be cost efficient.....but it sure beats blowing money on tinting tail lights and adding white walls!!!
Old 08-27-2007, 12:26 PM   #45
intake

Drives: yaris 2 1.3 mmt
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_v63400 View Post
lol you guys are crazy,
On the otherhand
I think if he ripped out the filter pad on the top of the intake box and just disconected the intake tube that connects to the box, he would of gained the same.
Cause with taking off that tube that connects to the Air box, you gain more air flow cause it seems a bit more restrictive.
i'd just taked it off, and now i take air rear the left light with a big direct tube, it's more fresh and it's supposed to gain performances,
Yaris 2007 mmt 1.3 , denso power iridium, pipercross air filter, purplepower 10/40 motor oil + zx1, simoni racing silencer, eibach , henry hausen wheels, modified air box, trd logo,oversized oil filter.
intake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 12:41 PM   #46
Nabisco

Drives: '08 Honda Fit Sport
Send a message via ICQ to Nabisco Send a message via AIM to Nabisco
This is redundant.
Old 08-27-2007, 02:00 PM   #47
intake

Drives: yaris 2 1.3 mmt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabisco View Post
This is redundant.

please explain ,thx
Yaris 2007 mmt 1.3 , denso power iridium, pipercross air filter, purplepower 10/40 motor oil + zx1, simoni racing silencer, eibach , henry hausen wheels, modified air box, trd logo,oversized oil filter.
intake is offline   Reply With Quote