Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-31-2014, 07:01 PM   #55
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by yougojay View Post
Thanks Nook
No, absolutely NOT miserable here, only Absolutely Red..!
Life - Either make it happy or make it miserable. It's all in your attitude. Glass 1/2 FULL here, my whole life.
People make things worse for themselves a lot of the time.
Don't keep up with the Jones - Keep up with yourself. If you want, you need to work and make things happen. Do Unto Others & Have Some Respect.
Don't spend money you don't have - Don't buy things you can't afford.
Learn from your mistakes, don't get all pissy about it. Be a giver not a taker. Good things come to good people. Karma is a b**ch!
I credit genes & great parents who had morals and taught me the correct way (as good as they could)
Make the best of where you live, if you don't like it, MOVE?
^^^^^ I agree, except that I credit my grandparents, rather than my parents. They passed away years ago, but I 'feel them inside' and feel as if they are walking alongside me with every step. I feel as though I am one of the most fortunate people on the planet to have this feeling. I see my incomparable grandmother in my wonderful cousin and my wonderful aunt, and I know they feel the same connection to my grandparents. Having had largely clueless parents (re how the world works) somehow granted me the ability to appreciate the wonderful attitude/perspective my grandparents had toward life. I always hoped that there would be a 4th generation to receive the essence of my grandmother, and my little cousin (she's 12 now) is the fruition of that hope.
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 07:12 PM   #56
nookandcrannycar

Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by yougojay View Post
I would visit your country - It is rich in History & I am sure it would be VERY cool to see the sites. Lovin' those cool new buildings in the Moscow Business Center ( I believe)
Yes, MickZEL, you'd never be the same after a weekend at 'Taste Of Chicago' Mmmmmmm....Food

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taste_of_Chicago
Unfortunately, the items illustrated in the link I provided in post # 51 are wreaking a bit of havoc on your 'home area'. IIRC, Rahm (or one of his people) stated property taxes might have to double . The tech boom is helping my 'home area' (SF Bay Area), but a similar mindset exists .
Old 03-31-2014, 08:30 PM   #57
yougojay
25, 550 MILES!

Drives: Yaris L Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by nookandcrannycar View Post
Unfortunately, the items illustrated in the link I provided in post # 51 are wreaking a bit of havoc on your 'home area'. IIRC, Rahm (or one of his people) stated property taxes might have to double . The tech boom is helping my 'home area' (SF Bay Area), but a similar mindset exists .
We moved from Chicago to Capitol Hill DC in 2000, so I've been away from there for quite awhile. From what I've heard and read, certain aspects of the area have really taken a hit. I think our property taxes on our 3rd floor condo (in a 3 flat) were about 1000 bucks in 1994 when we first purchased. It's listed again now, 2nd owner after us who bought at the height of the market back in 2006. Tax Year 2012: $5022.14
Living on Capitol Hill from 2000-2010, our taxes went from 1,000.00 to 5,300 I believe, but the price of real estate there absolutely boomed.
When the economy tanked, the real estate in VA & MD tanked, while the close-in areas of DC took way less of a hit, and started going back up a few years before we sold. We were extremely fortunate (with a big dash of luck)

Chicago and it's latest years old round of murders is horrible. It is only in certain areas, most of Chicago and the suburbs are very calm & safe. Don't know much of what's going on there now, politics or other wise, but when they describe/described Chicago as 'The City That Works" I believed that living there.
Roads always clear of snow, garbage/recyclables picked up like clock-work, etc. I had no problems with city services while living there, it was pretty darn good.

Gosh only knows what's going on there now in regards to city services and taxes and whatnot. I do know a lot has changed in the past 14 years.
yougojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 06:15 AM   #58
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
I work in Camden NJ for 31 years now. Since Im downtown its perfectly safe. The neighborhoods are another story. A few years ago we had a serial rapist. He raped a schoolgirl in front of her friends waiting for a bus and numerous others as well. He was in the process of raping a woman in a convenience store when the Vietnamese store owner blew his brains out with a .38.

The man then had to endure 3 months while the DA considered indicting him for 2nd degree murder.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:51 AM   #59
bronsin

Th is from the BBC online and is a portrait of Putin.

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-26769481
Old 04-01-2014, 09:12 AM   #60
yougojay
25, 550 MILES!

I'll read that article later, it's a long one.
They say murders are down in the U.S. over the years, you wouldn't know it from hearing the news....Our local (90 miles away) is out of Charlotte, NC. and all you hear everyday is someone else getting killed. That on top of the mayor being indicted by the FBI, it never ends!
Old 04-01-2014, 12:45 PM   #61
MickZEL

Drives: Yaris sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsin View Post
Th is from the BBC online and is a portrait of Putin.

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-26769481
I think you know what information war?
You should not trust what you hear on the BBC.
True sounds much quieter.
I will not convince you, take time and you will learn the real truth about the Crimea and Ukraine.
* And Putin normal guy who loves his homeland.: W00t:
Old 04-01-2014, 01:48 PM   #62
bronsin

BBC says Putin has a 70% approval rating with the public.

Not so?
Old 04-01-2014, 03:11 PM   #63
MickZEL

Quote:

Not so?
Yes, it's true. I think you too would like to have a president)))
Old 04-01-2014, 03:25 PM   #64
MickZEL

Quote:

Not so?
But the BBC said that this right sector in Ukraine?
They said that this NEO Nazis
Old 04-01-2014, 03:54 PM   #65
yougojay
25, 550 MILES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickZEL View Post
You should not trust what you hear on the BBC.
You should not trust what you read in the 'Moscow Daily Planet'
About Putin's approval rating, but I'm sure it has got to be higher then Obama & especially our Congress...
Wow! It's 86 degrees in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains here...the Sasquatch should be active tonight...
Old 04-01-2014, 05:20 PM   #66
nookandcrannycar

Quote:
The man then had to endure 3 months while the DA considered indicting him for 2nd degree murder.
.I can't imagine that happening in Texas, unless someone was trying to play up a Martin/Zimmerman case angle.
Old 04-01-2014, 05:27 PM   #67
nookandcrannycar

Quote:
I think you too would like to have a president
Yes, we would. I don't know what he should be called. He doesn't act as though is leading anything...or even has that desire. However...whatever it is that he is....I'd rather have that and our system, than Putin and your system .
Old 04-06-2014, 02:18 PM   #68
MickZEL

So who invited me to visit? :-)
Old 04-06-2014, 05:15 PM   #69
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:

After your hospitality when I visited Moscow you are welcome here any time.
Old 04-06-2014, 05:56 PM   #70
nookandcrannycar

Quote:
Nice deflection from the previous 67 posts ! Are you sure you're not a politician ? Just from what anyone can surmise from YW posts (and experience if they've purchased anything from him), and your personal connection/+his invitation, I can't imagine a better (and more gracious) host for you than CTScott.
Old 04-06-2014, 07:11 PM   #71
MickZEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by nookandcrannycar View Post
Nice deflection from the previous 67 posts ! Are you sure you're not a politician ? Just from what anyone can surmise from YW posts (and experience if they've purchased anything from him), and your personal connection/+his invitation, I can't imagine a better (and more gracious) host for you than CTScott.
I am not a politician, just the first in many years, I started a country proud of where I live.: W00t:
Old 04-07-2014, 06:02 AM   #72
bronsin

Quote:
I am not a politician, just the first in many years, I started a country proud of where I live.: W00t:
Do you think your armies will take over Eastern Ukraine? Western Ukraine?