Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-19-2009, 04:28 PM   #55
wiirenet

Drives: Black '09 2dr HB
Send a message via MSN to wiirenet
Yea haha, I wanted to get everything off my chest that I've been thinking about the car! I want to help anyone who is going to be in my position (doesnt know anything about cars :P) and lurking the forum.

Awesome, thanks for the reply and that is really useful info. The ArmorAll I got claims to protect/prevent cracking.. I remember reading that specifically, BUT I will see if it says silicon on it.
I trust real people more than the claims on the packaging. So, when I finish it, I'll buy Meguiar's. I remember I had both Meguiar's and ArmorAll in my hand at the store and couldn't decide which lol. But if people recommend it, I will switch to it. Ty.
wiirenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 05:40 PM   #56
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiirenet View Post
-There are some things that bother me and I will mention just incase a potential buyer is lurking around. The center console does take a little bit or readjusting, but its not a big deal at all. The only bother I have is since the console is in the center, your steering wheel area is completely dark at night.. I don't reall like that feeling. Same with the gear shift area, its really dark and its taking some getting used to looking at the console to see if I'm in the right gear instead of the actual shifter at night.
You'll get used to that. I didn't like the console in the center at first, but now I like it just fine where it is. I don't look down (well rarely) when I shift gears so no problem having no light down there for me.

Quote:
-Keeping the dashboard looking nice is annoying me! I never cared about my old car so this is new to me. I bought Armor All dashboard protectant/cleaner wipes, but I get streaks unless I use a dry cloth to clear away the armor all. Which kind of defeats the purpose of me buying wipes instead of the spray since I still needed to buy a cloth to wipe away the streaks.. hopefully I'll find out the right thing for me.
People told me years ago not to use Armorol because the dash will end up with cracks. I haven't decided what I will use yet, in the meantime, just a little damp cloth (the dealership gave me a couple of baby diapers they use to clean the cars, so I use that)

You might want to check the threads in

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21

and see if people have mentioned some products they like already.

Quote:
-Also, I already have a scratch on my dashboard =/ I need to buy some kind of scratch remover I guess. I don't know where or what though and hope it will work.
The inside of the Yaris is put together a little beat cheaply, I think, so it's easy to put in scratches. The guys that installed my keyless entry / alarm at the dealership also put in a couple of scratches on mine because it's easy to do, but I didn't notice it until days later.

By the way, that reminds me: they added the price of the keyless entry at the last minute for me too. I thought "out the door" literally meant out the door. I guess I was wrong, out the door means "now I got you seated, let me tag on some more fees and stuff, and shake you upside down to get all the loose change out of your pockets, too, while I'm at it"

Quote:
-I never considered how hard it would be to find the car in the parking lot! I always forget where I am. And since its so short, I don't see my bumper to help me find it like with my old car... I want to buy an antenna topper to maybe help me find it from the top instead of bumper lol.
Typical small car. I had the same problem with my little Honda. Try to find that when 2 SUV's park next to it.

Quote:
-I found it odd that the hatch doesn't have a button pop inside the car, but that you need to use the key. I am just used to popping my trunk from the inside.
Me too. You'll get used to it, though.

Quote:
Anyway, just silly little things, yet I still love the car.
Out of everything the scratch on the dashboard is what's bothering me the most lol.
Yeah, the first dent or scratch hurts a bit. I know what you mean.

Quote:
Ohh also, pics will be coming soon. I am at work now but will try to remember to spam the forum with pics :D
Yeah, we definitely want pictures!!! They have a place for pictures in the forum, I think. I need to upload some pictures too.

Quote:
**edit** Some safety issues I forgot to mention:
I'm really not used to the feel of it on the highway and when its windy.. feels really unstable. Maybe I will get used to it.
Yeah, I hate that, too.

Quote:
Also getting used to blind spots.. when I turn my head I don't see as much in the back/side area compared to in a sedan, also the head rest seems too high. It also feels like its in my way when I try to look back. I guess its just getting used to a hatchback vs sedan, but I do get worried I won't see something when I'm doing head checks. =/
I agree with you. I think it's the design. It's hard to see in the back or on the sides when paralel parking on the right side of the street. But the longer you drive your car, and the more intuitive it'll feel. You just got it now, so congratulate yourself and enjoy it!

Personally, I think the positive far outweigh the negative, plus you can't beat the body style... she's so cute!

Enjoy your new car!

tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 02:20 AM   #57
wiirenet

Drives: Black '09 2dr HB
Send a message via MSN to wiirenet
Thanks for the reply! The positives do outweigh the negatives for me completely too!

Posted pictures here
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...&postcount=666

and interior pictures here
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...0&postcount=58

wiirenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 03:11 AM   #58
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
^^ Yup, it's a Yaris, alright!

I like the interior ones, too. At fist I thought you got a sedan, but nope, it's the little yaris. Looks huge inside, I think. You got a GPS unit already? Good move! that'll be my next purchase, I think.
tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 03:33 PM   #59
freeridelectric

Drives: Electric Yaris 05 Silverado,01
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiirenet View Post
Thanks for the reply! The positives do outweigh the negatives for me completely too.
Those fuzzy dice will cut down on milage. Too much weight.
freeridelectric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 06:54 PM   #60
nemelek
DWEED

Drives: 3DR 2008 Metorite Metalic
Here is an ad from todays paper. They are starting to advertise the Yaris again. This one is cheaper than the one I bought a year ago.
Attached Images

Old 03-23-2009, 12:08 PM   #61
donmeca2020

Drives: 2005 Lancer Evolution
Send a message via AIM to donmeca2020
congrats on your purchase car looks good, by the way seen the interior shots it looks nice and your also a hottie : )
donmeca2020 is offline   Reply With Quote