Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Area > Micro Image
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-21-2009, 11:18 PM   #73
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
I've seen the 6000k in person, and they're pretty white with a hint of blue in it; nothing like my previous eBay 6000k kit which was too blue for me (and my other friend's eBay 6000k kit which was a bit purple [quality control from the sources that eBay sellers use must suck])
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 02:39 AM   #74
upgradedyaris

Drives: Yaris & Supra
I ordered my HID kit from Garm last week, hope to be here soon. I got the 6000.
upgradedyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 03:48 AM   #75
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
You should enjoy the result. There's a great mounting point on the far side of each fender that gives great cooling and keeps the balasts stealthy and out of the way...
Old 12-22-2009, 01:33 PM   #76
upgradedyaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
You should enjoy the result. There's a great mounting point on the far side of each fender that gives great cooling and keeps the balasts stealthy and out of the way...
I am sure I will. I have HID's in my Supra as well, huge difference! :) For mounting, I have an idea. I may make something custom, we'll see, that's what I like to do.

I ordered the LED city lights to go with it too. I have a list of parts that I will get eventually.
Old 12-22-2009, 04:55 PM   #77
slothman86

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
bump for awesome seller and great deal

but seriously I will buy one of these as soon as I get out of college!
Old 12-22-2009, 11:23 PM   #78
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by slothman86 View Post
bump for awesome seller and great deal

but seriously I will buy one of these as soon as I get out of college!
Save up for Garm's projectors. Freakin' awesome!
Old 12-22-2009, 11:28 PM   #79
upgradedyaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna View Post
Save up for Garm's projectors. Freakin' awesome!
I know it isn't directed at me but, although they're not pricey it requires too much work. I drive this everyday and couldn't keep it down to do this, so, UNLESS, Garm did them for us, then sent them out I would do it that way... :)

New service Garm? :)
Old 12-22-2009, 11:31 PM   #80
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
believe me, I've thought of that...and I completely understand about taking your freakin' headlights APART and putting them back together -- anyone notice I haven't done it myself?

I do have an extra set, though, so maybe I should try this. "core charge" to trade for pre-loaded projector headlights, anyone?
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 11:44 PM   #81
Kaotic Lazagna

Yeah, add to that dehazing the headlight cover (inside and out), repainting the housing, and cleaning the battery because of battery acid and corrosion, it takes a LONG time! My finger nails felt like they were about to fall off (should have worn gloves, but I can't feel anything while wearing them, lol).

Oh, and if you have eyelids, you can still bake your headlights. I did (after an hour working with a hairdryer, which wasn't taking the headlights apart good enough). I set the temp to 200 degrees, and took the headlights (with the eyelids still attached) out every other minute, prying them open and putting them back in for another round, repeating until I had the headlights open.
Old 12-23-2009, 12:20 AM   #82
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
After reading this thread i guess theres another item on my things to do list. One of my silverstars burnt out already so now would be a good time to upgrade.
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 03:44 AM   #83
upgradedyaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
believe me, I've thought of that...and I completely understand about taking your freakin' headlights APART and putting them back together -- anyone notice I haven't done it myself?

I do have an extra set, though, so maybe I should try this. "core charge" to trade for pre-loaded projector headlights, anyone?
Well, would be a good idea, I think. I use this as a daily, so I can't take it apart, wife would kill me. Even my other toy, she doesn't like me taking it apart. The core wouldn't work for me, I can't take it apart for a few days, maybe get more headlights if enough interest.

Also, you send my parts out? Just checking since I am in the thread posting. :)

Thanks!
Old 12-23-2009, 11:46 AM   #84
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
yep, a couple of days ago. I'll PM you a tracking number when I get to the shop this morning.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 02:36 PM   #85
upgradedyaris

Quote:
yep, a couple of days ago. I'll PM you a tracking number when I get to the shop this morning.
Awesome! I will be ordering some more stuff after Christmas. :) I will have a few questions about the wiring on that too if you got a sec too.

I spoke with Toyota Canada this morning and told them about your site, and how much the parts were compared to where he gets his HID, fogs etc.. ;) Local is the largest dealership in Canada with over 60,000' space! Movie theatre, food place, included.

Last edited by upgradedyaris; 12-24-2009 at 02:01 AM.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:51 PM   #86
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Drives: トヨタ Vitz
Quote:
^ Nice. They should last a LONG time. Do you find the 6000k a pure white, or any blue in it?

Good to know. My Raybrig halogens were rated at 4900K and had a blue colored glaze over the glass bulb...that somehow made it brighter and gave it a white color w/a hint of blue in it...

Your HIDs dont have the blue glaze on the bulbs but they shine the same color as the Raybrigs...Garm's 6000 have a slight blue to them but mostly white.

I LOVE THEM at night .....though im trying to figure out correct height for right side headlight (when your sitting in car)....it shines on the road and at trees mid height at night

I know the finger burns, swearing, and 1..2..3..PULLING of baking headlights...i won't experience that again, esp. since the Liftback guys have to enlarge the hole to make projectors fit~~
Kioshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 05:52 PM   #87
upgradedyaris

My HID kit should be here today, and, I ordered a fog kit today as well. Nice chatting with you Garm and thanks for the tips.

I'll watch for the other tracking number too. :)

Duane
Old 07-26-2010, 03:51 AM   #88
b3nault

Drives: 2008 Toyota Yaris - 4dr Silver
Warranty of the H4 Bi-xenon kit?

Anything to prevent flicker or has no one had issues with this?

Did I read there was no manual for this? I am not too savvy with wiring... :(

How durable is the ballast with your kit, I have just read some horror stories.

I have read all five pages, and this is whats left for me to know!

Thanks
b3nault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 01:02 AM   #89
cfeng

Drives: Yaris 2010 Liftback
I installed the bixenons, it looks sick. With the reflectors blacked out, it looks like a baby tC. However, I'm having issues. Every time I turn the head lights on, one of the lights immediately turns off. Since the headlights pull so much current warming up, one of the digital ballasts is turning off during warm up, leaving me with only one headlight on. I have all the wires soldered extremely well, and I've determined its not a faulty wiring issue. Any one have a fix for this? Bigger battery? Also, is there a way to get my blue high beam indicator working with these?
cfeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 07:22 AM   #90
33OH

Drives: '08 Yaris
^ Did you remove your DRL module? Just a thought..
33OH is offline   Reply With Quote