![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#1 |
|
Roadrunner Jr.
|
@ N9QGS - I absolutely know that the shop is 100% wrong. How? I converted from an integrated radio in my 2007 Yaris S to a single DIN using a kit and a new Toyota piece that you'll see on the YW link that S7V7N put up. The cost was around $100 I'd say for the kit and the new trim piece from Toyota. I also have pics on how I got from that to this:
![]() Notice the the source unit area, not the kick. It's the same kit Derick is using, except I took it two steps more. I bonded the kit pocket closed with "melted" plastic (no heat was used), and then I had it painted to match the OEM car color.
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” ― Thomas Paine |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
I know back a few years ago cd players used to have a screw on top of the unit when they were brand new that you had to remove in order for the unit to work, usually had a big sticker that said to remove it, may want to check for that. And no problem, there's a few of us here who are more than happy to help.
__________________
![]() ![]() Audio is under Construction Kenwood KDC-X794 Hifonics Zeus ZXI6.5C 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component Speaker System - AUTOTEK ATX65CX 6.5-Inch Hifonics BXi 1210D - Crunch PowerZone P1400.4 (2)12 inch Kicker CVR's - 0 gauge from battery to Distribution block - 4 Gauge Power/Grounds to amps - Duralast Yellow Top - Big 3 |
|
|
|
|
|
#3 | |
![]() ![]() |
Quote:
Funny thing, I saw this on the unit before I hooked it up, and I literally thought it meant "remove these screws if you do any repairs", because of the word "fixing"... ![]() Everything works now!
__________________
If it aint fixed, don't broke it.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
No prob man, glad it was a simple fix.
__________________
![]() ![]() Audio is under Construction Kenwood KDC-X794 Hifonics Zeus ZXI6.5C 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component Speaker System - AUTOTEK ATX65CX 6.5-Inch Hifonics BXi 1210D - Crunch PowerZone P1400.4 (2)12 inch Kicker CVR's - 0 gauge from battery to Distribution block - 4 Gauge Power/Grounds to amps - Duralast Yellow Top - Big 3 |
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
![]() |
using stock head unit :P
can i use amp with it ?? i dunno where to plug the amp leads can anyone guide me plz :) |
|
|
|
|
|
#6 |
![]() |
thanks *Seven* for helping :)
i'll upload the next step pic soon so i cud just confirm that im not doing anything wrong :) |
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
I posted on your other thread, imma delete this so it won't be double posting, just post any other questions on your Install thread..Thanks = )
__________________
![]() ![]() Audio is under Construction Kenwood KDC-X794 Hifonics Zeus ZXI6.5C 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component Speaker System - AUTOTEK ATX65CX 6.5-Inch Hifonics BXi 1210D - Crunch PowerZone P1400.4 (2)12 inch Kicker CVR's - 0 gauge from battery to Distribution block - 4 Gauge Power/Grounds to amps - Duralast Yellow Top - Big 3 |
|
|
|
|
|
#8 |
![]() |
okay :)
|
|
|
|
|
|
#9 |
|
Roadrunner Jr.
|
That dash kit looks familiar! Good stuff! It's the same dash kit I'm using.
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” ― Thomas Paine |
|
|
|
|
|
#10 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: Polar White - 5 Door '09 LB Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,285
|
Looks just like the Scosche dash kit.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#11 |
![]() Drives: Blue Yaris RS Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Canada, Ottawa.
Posts: 10
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#12 |
|
Mr
|
That's my Pioneer 3200 BT !!
|
|
|
|
|
|
#13 |
![]() Drives: Blue Yaris RS Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Canada, Ottawa.
Posts: 10
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#14 |
![]() ![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#15 |
![]() Drives: 2010 Toyota Yaris YR, 5 door H Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Queensland, Australia
Posts: 17
|
Quick question I have about all these head unit radio systems..
Do any of them support the new digital radio format. I was surprised to learn that my 2010 Yaris factory stereo is still only analog when all of our stations had made the switch to digital over 2 years ago now. So if I was to replace my factory stereo unit with one of these fancy head units with the gps and dvd etc.. do they have digital? |
|
|
|
|
|
#16 |
|
Mr
|
Yes , it's a very good headunit , the installation was very easy with no cutting wires , and everything fitting in about 25 minutes !!!
And the price is very good for this much operations.I believe that the value for monay is 10/10 !!! |
|
|
|
|
|
#17 |
![]() Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bowling Green, OH
Posts: 6
|
Has anyone tried any of the cheaper models? Like this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/7-2-DIN-CAR-DVD-...item27b91fa5c1
|
|
|
|
|
|
#18 | |
|
Give Me Resonance
|
Quote:
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33177
__________________
![]() (3) 12" Alpine Type R Subs/Hifonics BXi1208D Hifonics ZXi6.5c / 2006 Kicker ZX350.4 Knu Fleks 1/0 Wiring & In Big 3 Optima Yellow Top Battery/Iraggi HO Alternator Alpine CDA-105, KCA-420i/KCA-121b/KCE-400BT PG TLD22 8V Line Driver |
|
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| Post pics of cylinder head (engine) covers here | joelitton | Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior) | 157 | 08-02-2017 11:36 AM |
| ANAL THREAD VER 2.0 | dvlnblkdrs | Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions | 238 | 08-19-2010 09:21 AM |
| srs / airbag light after head unit install? | KwonSau | In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) | 7 | 12-24-2008 02:04 AM |
| Req: Head unit suggestions. | xed | In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) | 21 | 08-09-2007 07:38 PM |
| High pitched whine using stock head unit / aux input? | IsLNdbOi | In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) | 8 | 02-02-2007 12:49 PM |