![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#1 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ULTIMATEDrives: 07 Yaris Turbo Join Date: May 2007
Location: Canoga Park, CA
Posts: 14,857
|
Now to the question, that Megan header looks pretty much exactly like the stock one from the pics. Are the interior surfaces and joints just smoother? What does Megan say the specific difference is? .. thanks...
|
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
der Zeck
Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Toledo, OH
Posts: 5,231
|
it is much larger diameter piping, and a much thicker flange
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Super Moderator
|
Another question: Does this mod really do anything for performance? I've already read a few posts denying this.
__________________
--[ FORUM RULES ]--[ SEARCHING TIPS ]--[ EYELIDS PICS ]--[ RBK SPOILER ]--[ BEST/WORST INVESTMENTS ]--
|
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
der Zeck
Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Toledo, OH
Posts: 5,231
|
you get the HP in the higher RPM range, you need to do more mods like; the rest of the exhust and a good intake to get the full effect of the header
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
Super Moderator
|
Look at the pics again.. there is a night in day difference from the "look" of the stock pea shooter, compared to the Megan.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#6 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ULTIMATEDrives: 07 Yaris Turbo Join Date: May 2007
Location: Canoga Park, CA
Posts: 14,857
|
sounds like a worthwhile mod overall. thanks for the DIY post and subsequent tips on installation. I'm glad it's not that much louder (if at all?), that would make me hesitate to do this.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
|
Finsh the Fight
Drives: soon to be Yaris LB Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Ark "Wake Me When You Need Me"
Posts: 89
|
yo chris whats your next project for your yaris
|
|
|
|
|
|
#8 |
|
Super Moderator
|
Well being this is still just my work beater car, I'll still being doing more upgrades as I work with a few places putting out some fresh new products to test. Keep an eye out for some pretty cool shit this summer from me.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#9 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
I might buy one next week since it helps in mid and higher RPM..which is what I need for my daily highway driving.
-- Blen
__________________
http://www.360voice.com/tag/noobblenjar ![]() My Car http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4245 My DJ www.PainlessWolf.com |
|
|
|
|
|
#10 |
|
Super Moderator
|
I'm still waiting on a 4-2-1 header to come out.
I've heard from a reliable source that it might be in the works as we speak...
__________________
--[ FORUM RULES ]--[ SEARCHING TIPS ]--[ EYELIDS PICS ]--[ RBK SPOILER ]--[ BEST/WORST INVESTMENTS ]--
|
|
|
|
|
|
#11 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ULTIMATEDrives: 07 Yaris Turbo Join Date: May 2007
Location: Canoga Park, CA
Posts: 14,857
|
OK, so I got my Megan header on today.
1. It's a lot louder. 2. It "feels" like there is more mid-range pull. 3. It really is louder. As soon as I have enough miles on my car, I'm going to do a few dyno pulls to see where she's at.
__________________
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific. |
|
|
|
|
|
#12 |
![]() Drives: 07 Yaris, 4dr Daily Driver Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cerritos, CA
Posts: 31
|
Has anyone checked out the ARP 12mm bolts for their headers. I wasn't too happy with the bolts that shipped with the headers, and I know ARP makes performance bolts for a stronger connection.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#13 |
|
Break'em off some.
Drives: 07 Yaris LB, 04 Cobra Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: So Cal, OC
Posts: 854
|
So my car is done, I pick it up tomorrow. It will have a header and strut bars, but no axleback supposedly. I was kind of hoping for the axleback, I saw the pics of the prototype on my car and it looks good, but I guess it is not ready quite yet.
I'll post pics tomorrow after I get it back. |
|
|
|
|
|
#14 | |
![]() ![]() |
Quote:
so you should be able to locate one easily and just look at the welds, quality, and thickness of the medal used. DC sports has made a great header for Honda applications in their days. I used to have one and yes, it was ceramic coated. I never had any problems with it or the hardware and gasket it came with. There is a TRD unit finding it shouldn't be a task. It should be as good as most any Toyota parts and it won't void your warranty if installed by Toyota or Toyota authorized mechanic. Both DC Sports and TRD units were designed with power gains in mind. The Megan unit, I don't know.
__________________
He that would live in peace and at ease must not speak all he knows or all he sees.... |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#15 |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 07 yaris liftback Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 220
|
At the local shop that I buy parts from - there is one other liftback that goes there (I have yet to see it) But when i was talking to my buddy the day i picked up my Greddy exhaust..he said the kid ordered the megan header and ended up coming back to them later complaining there was an exhaust leak that wouldnt go away - they removed it at the shop and it was cracked..
__________________
Car forums are kinda like the public library - somepeople are just checking stuff out, and plenty of other people are just telling stories... |
|
|
|
|
|
#16 |
|
TRIM HUNTER
Drives: 2007 BLAZIN BLUE YARIS 3 DR Join Date: May 2006
Location: ROCKLAND COUNTY NY
Posts: 2,088
|
that ends my wanting a megan one now......
__________________
http://rocklandtoyota.com/IFrame.aspx?iFrameID=2388 TOYOTA PARTS AT A DISCOUNT........ |
|
|
|
|
|
#17 |
|
Who said Yaris was slow?
|
Megan is no good. I think all agree. But.... I just got one for $49.95 + $29 shipping.
About the DC header I would really like to see detail pictures of it. I was looking at the DC ceramic coated header for the Scions (Xa/Xb) and it looked the same as some e-bay knock-offs that retail for less than $50 except for the ceramic coating. So I hope the DC header for the Yaris is not just a Megan (aka Chinese piece) ceramic coated. Shoot some pics please! |
|
|
|
|
|
#18 |
|
Super Moderator
|
Back on topic fella's.
|
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| Tanabe Strut Tower Bar Install & Review [pics!] | Chris07LB | Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack | 57 | 04-07-2022 07:46 AM |
| TANABE DF210 Spring Install [pics] | Chris07LB | DIY / Maintenance / Service | 148 | 07-16-2007 09:26 PM |
| GROUP BUY - Megan Racing 4-1 Header... | riceboy | Items for Sale by private party | 489 | 01-10-2007 06:45 PM |
| VA/MD Owners - Megan Racing Header | ProMotionTuning | Performance Modifications | 4 | 11-30-2006 02:54 PM |
| HOLEY COW 674.75 to install TRD lowering springs | dbaxter | Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack | 11 | 08-09-2006 12:40 PM |