Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-02-2009, 08:21 AM   #91
TRDMarty

Drives: Polar White 2008, 3Dr HB TRD '
Because gas at the time was $4.39 a gallon and I was spending $450 a month just in gas while using my truck for the commute to work. So I figured I'm already spending that much I might as well have a NEW car that gets 40 mpg and the payment of a couple hundred bucks. So I saved about $100 a month and drive a NEW car.
Now I belong to this forum, met great people who share the same interest and I'm so glad I own one.
TRDMarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 02:46 PM   #92
MUSKOKA800

Drives: Scion FRS RS2, ‘21 Crosstrek
Toyota Quality
Appearance (sedan model)
Ample capacity (Cavernous trunk)
Exception Fuel Mileage
$1000.00 government fuel miser rebate/grant (FIT, Accent, Versa didn't qualify )
TRD performance parts availablity

Aftermarket Goodies: Piggies SS, K&N Drop-In, Blitz S/C, DC Header, NST Pulley)

Toyota Options/Accessories: Sport Pedal Covers, Sport Shift Knob, Ipod Interface, Summer Mats, Winter Mats, Cruise Control, Auto-Dim Mirror, Echo steelies with winter boots.
MUSKOKA800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 03:25 PM   #93
toyo

Drives: toyota
saving money on gas pretty much ;P
Old 12-02-2009, 03:32 PM   #94
EleKid
Eugenie たでし

Drives: '09 Blazing Blue Liftback
Ga$ $aver. And it's cute, like a little pod (liftback). It looks different
EleKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 06:51 PM   #95
lowsushi
Akiba Otaku

Drives: 2010 Yaris 5dr
Send a message via AIM to lowsushi Send a message via Yahoo to lowsushi
For me I am getting one because I have a motorcycle as a daily driver, and a 1972 Ford Bronco with a 5 1/2" lift on 35" tires that gets 8 mpg. I need a warm economical car and after seeing the white yaris with the INGs +1 body kit I was sold.

Picking mine up tommorow and I can hardly wait.
lowsushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 07:27 PM   #96
fmicle

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowsushi View Post
and after seeing the white yaris with the INGs +1 body kit I was sold.
We want to see it too Post some pics after you get it!
Old 12-03-2009, 07:37 PM   #97
r3b3l

Drives: 2010 Yaris 3dr liftback
After driving an F-150 for 10 years and getting about 4 mpg out of it I finally bit the bullet and dropped the hammer on a new Yaris..Best investment I ever made. I got 165,000 miles out of the ford truck and I wanted something that I could get 300,000 miles out of. Small cars are fun to drive and the potential for mods is great with a Yaris. Ive never owned a foreign car and the Yaris has all the right stuff.
r3b3l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 05:22 AM   #98
lowsushi
Akiba Otaku

Drives: 2010 Yaris 5dr
Send a message via AIM to lowsushi Send a message via Yahoo to lowsushi
might be some time before I get that kit, but I will definatly post pics afterwards. I am thinking about tint and wheels and tires first.
lowsushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 10:45 AM   #99
jjonrofl

Drives: 2009 Yaris LB
I'm 17 and my choice was originally an old Volvo (1989-1993 240) but my parents surprised me one day and said they decided to buy me a Yaris since my brother has one and they like Toyota's quality and I have fallen in love with it. I have the liftback and I love it- it's so surprisingly spacious, I love the color (Carmine red), it's really smooth and nice to drive, my mom gets carsick easily and she has me drive her places in it all the time, and it's just an awesome car in general.
jjonrofl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 11:52 AM   #100
ddongbap
Banned

Drives: yw calls me douche and racist.
I bought a Yaris, cause its worse than a Fit, and its a chick car, and it gets the worst car name reviews, and it gets constantly bashed by consumer reports, and because it has no tach. And it looks like the worst car evar~~~~~~~~~~~
ddongbap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 12:24 PM   #101
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjonrofl View Post
I'm 17 and my choice was originally an old Volvo (1989-1993 240) but my parents surprised me one day and said they decided to buy me a Yaris since my brother has one and they like Toyota's quality and I have fallen in love with it. I have the liftback and I love it- it's so surprisingly spacious, I love the color (Carmine red), it's really smooth and nice to drive, my mom gets carsick easily and she has me drive her places in it all the time, and it's just an awesome car in general.
Hello JJonrofl, and welcome to the forum! Glad you love your car
Old 12-16-2009, 02:31 PM   #102
eht13

Drives: .
Quote:
As someone who used to drive a 2001 Volvo (and also a 2001 Saab), and who dealt with their occasional reliability issues as well as overall maintenance costs... good choice.
eht13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 10:05 AM   #103
jjonrofl

eht13- really? did you have a lot of problems with your cars?
Old 12-17-2009, 10:22 AM   #104
kustom play
pink wheels are cool

Drives: 07 liftback
i got such a good deal that i couldnt not get it

http://www.4055design.com
kustom play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 11:02 AM   #105
eht13

Quote:
eht13- really? did you have a lot of problems with your cars?
Yes, haha. The Saab did not have too many surprise problems, but the scheduled maintenance was pretty expensive. And as time went by (especially after the warranty expired), the things that needed to be fixed increased. The Volvo may have been less reliable than the average Volvo, from the things people say about driving a Volvo for a long time. The scheduled maintenance was somewhat expensive, although less than the Saab, but the big thing was surprise problems that came up... some that I found, some that the dealer found and showed to me. It had a few intermittent ongoing issues, and then others that directly affected reliability; not starting sometimes, for example... a pretty negative reliability experience. One of those issues proved to be the straw that broke the camel's back... so I had to get the Volvo fixed one more time in order to sell it (I had already spent more on repairs than I made selling it) and then I got the Yaris (we had already traded the Saab in previously when we got my wife's current car).
Old 12-17-2009, 01:05 PM   #106
jjonrofl

Quote:
Yes, haha. The Saab did not have too many surprise problems, but the scheduled maintenance was pretty expensive. And as time went by (especially after the warranty expired), the things that needed to be fixed increased. The Volvo may have been less reliable than the average Volvo, from the things people say about driving a Volvo for a long time. The scheduled maintenance was somewhat expensive, although less than the Saab, but the big thing was surprise problems that came up... some that I found, some that the dealer found and showed to me. It had a few intermittent ongoing issues, and then others that directly affected reliability; not starting sometimes, for example... a pretty negative reliability experience. One of those issues proved to be the straw that broke the camel's back... so I had to get the Volvo fixed one more time in order to sell it (I had already spent more on repairs than I made selling it) and then I got the Yaris (we had already traded the Saab in previously when we got my wife's current car).
That's a pity, but I'm glad you have a Yaris now. Awesome car. Sometimes I see 240s on the road and wonder how things would be if I had one, but then I remember that the 240 is older than I am, and the Yaris will last forever.
Old 12-17-2009, 10:57 PM   #107
eht13

Quote:
That's a pity, but I'm glad you have a Yaris now. Awesome car. Sometimes I see 240s on the road and wonder how things would be if I had one, but then I remember that the 240 is older than I am, and the Yaris will last forever.
Me too. Glad you like yours too; share some pics of it if you feel like it.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:32 PM   #108
birdman

Drives: '08 Blazing Blue Yaris LB
Traded an '07 Civic lx coupe on it. The civic had great styling, better ride, better fit and finish etc. I hated the way it handled on winding mountain roads. Electric steering was enough out of sink to be very tiresome on long mountain road trips. No hatchback was a negative too. The Yaris electric steering is much more precise and nicely damped. Having rented one on holiday I liked it's imaginative and unique design. Miss the smoother ride of the Civic but all in all I prefer the Yaris. I drove the Fit and felt its steering was a bit squirrelly for my taste. Unlike the Fit, the Yaris dash is clean and uncluttered and the seats are much more supportive for my body. The Yaris is the best bang for the buck since my '82 Civic Wagon. Lets see if it can last like that one did.
birdman is offline   Reply With Quote