Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2011, 03:27 AM   #1
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Yes, I've been there before! and I was going to vent that way too, but since the idea of an I6SW would go on the floor, the kick panels (right side) would have to move out to leave space for the little woofer, a give & take so I gave up kick panels, and the L6's will go in the OEM door locations.

Lets get all the info/photos for your diagram with new equipment and we'll finish it up.


D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 03:34 AM   #2
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
I don't see any pics of the Voce amps out yet. The Bit One is a different story. You can Google images for that.

__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:40 AM   #3
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Arrow

Did any body notice some new cars have tweeters at the A-pillars and are kind of aiming at the center of the windshield? away from the listeners? I know Sqcomp has his tweeters that way, I did try to aim my Mids and surprisingly it gets a very good Image and depth specially the vocals right in the middle of the dashboard, but the with of the stage compromises a little bit... I'm realizing that instead of dealing with bad reflexions from the windshield they are trying to take advantage.




Working on some new rings for my Mids, and trying to fit the grill that comes with the HL-70 for a different look... I just want to use the middle part witch is Silver, I'll take my own pictures tomorrow...



D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 01:30 AM   #4
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by derickveliz2 View Post
Working on some new rings for my Mids, and trying to fit the grill that comes with the HL-70 for a different look... I just want to use the middle part witch is Silver, I'll take my own pictures tomorrow...
D.



















D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 08:12 PM   #5
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
It's something that can be worked on for stage width...I know how to improve the stage width while even improving depth from the way I have it now. The thing is, that proverbial next step is a BIG one. If I wanted to keep the pillars similar to how they are now, I'd simply shrink the mids down in there more since I'm using a neo magnet speaker. I MIGHT aim them more on axis next time. I'm talking only something like 15 degrees more on axis than they are now.



__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 01:13 AM   #6
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
If I wanted to keep the pillars similar to how they are now, I'd simply shrink the mids down in there more. I MIGHT aim them more on axis next time. I'm talking only something like 15 degrees more on axis than they are now.
So you would install them as far apart as possible? more distance between each mid?

Are you planing on redoing your front stage? in a very different way?

D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:09 PM   #7
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
Is that balsa wood you're using for the surround on the ring?
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:46 PM   #8
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
It's 1/32 Plywood, and I made a sandwich of 3 layers, very strong, very light and small. My idea is to make it as small as possible to sink the baffle in the A-pillar.

D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 02:25 AM   #9
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Arrow

A little bit of progress... It's ready to cover, also I did aim the tweeter in the same angle as the Mids... so far sounds pretty good.





D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 08:43 AM   #10
sickpuppy1
 
Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kansas
Posts: 871
And Derick, please tell me you going to remove that speaker from the ring before you start schlepping fiberglass or whatever around that thing, right??!! LOL
__________________
sickpuppy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 09:02 AM   #11
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickpuppy1 View Post
And Derick, please tell me you going to remove that speaker from the ring before you start schlepping fiberglass or whatever around that thing, right??!! LOL
Sounds like a good idea!,

I still have to get the other side at this level, then I'll drive around a few days to make sure the aiming is "ok" for me.

Actually I'm going to use CA+Kicker over speaker grill to create the shape, again, keep it light but strong. (that's from r/c airplanes, every thing has to be strong but keep it light so still flies)

D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 08:45 AM   #12
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
I get mine at a local hobby store, but I've seen it online HERE and it may be in many other places, its a very common material to build R/C airplanes.



D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 11:49 PM   #13
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
OK, I just got a RTA...!

How do I use it? any body knows a link with a "How to use RTA in a Yaris"? LOL

D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 11:56 PM   #14
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Is this a good approach for RTA?

LINK

D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 12:11 AM   #15
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
Not at all actually. Some of our judges at the show were competing. They obviously didn't judge their own class.

I had two teammates at the show...I didn't judge the classes they were in. I did the Rookie class. That was truly a revealing and challenging class. Oh, Derick, you'd be in the Amateur class in IASCA because of the build out of the front stage. Not rookie.

For some reason I can't get a Youtube video to post as a window. Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O96MFyWh5PE

^something fun from the show. No, he's not holding onto the shirt...
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine

Last edited by sqcomp; 05-24-2011 at 12:29 AM.
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 02:01 PM   #16
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O96MFyWh5PE

^something fun from the show. No, he's not holding onto the shirt...
Is that Healthy? I bet it's not covered by health insurance! for how long can you listen to such a thing?

D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 09:51 PM   #17
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
Funny you should ask this. As of Saturday, I'm a certified IASCA judge! The link is a general way to do RTA measurements.

The one program that is REALLY nice to use is TermLab.

http://www.termpro.com/storefront/page605.html

Neat thing is, that since I did so well on the certification test, IASCA invited me to judge 2012 SBN/INAC in Daytona Florida! Sweeeeeet!
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:21 PM   #18
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Congratulations!

Now give me the RAT for Dummies! at Yaris oriented. LOL

D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
sound deadening: sq footage amount for 3dr goku87 In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) 29 11-14-2013 12:37 PM
2007 Yaris S Sound Deadening sqcomp In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) 70 12-13-2010 07:40 PM
Sound deadening 06vitzRS General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 10 05-05-2010 01:51 PM
Sedan Door Panel Deadening sqcomp In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) 42 06-01-2009 02:47 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:46 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.