Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2011, 12:19 AM   #1225
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
I'll have to shoot Garm a message on the lids. I'll be dropping mine conservatively soon.

Oh...I'm picking up a silver disc K2HD 24 bit/100kHz version of, "Jazz at the Pawnshop". I'll get you a copy of it so you can reference off of...

...If you can even stand jazz...
I used to not like it!

But our head units make all kind of magic sound spectacular!

Thank you! That would be great!

D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 11:56 PM   #1226
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
I received the album today...I'm listening to it.

What you should expect is a very comfortable five piece jazz group in a VERY small jazz club. The club was so small that the recording engineer had to put the reel to reel recorder on his lap with no console!



You should enjoy the ambiance and musicality of these recordings.
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 11:35 PM   #1227
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
I'm overwhelmed, many angles and aiming positions with the MIDs, technical tracks sound pretty good, some songs sound great! what sounds best??? it's hard to tell.

In other hand I moved my IDQ12 back to the trunk (just for a couple of days)
I just want to put it back up-front again.

I did try the PB amp in other position and I still get the noise.

It's getting warm over here, so that's good news!

D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 12:37 AM   #1228
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
I'm thinking it's time to send the amp back to Jim. We'll get you covered...
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 12:49 AM   #1229
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
A lot of the fun starts when you work on the tune...

Remember order of operations though! Can you tell me what the proper order of tuning is?
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 12:53 AM   #1230
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
A lot of the fun starts when you work on the tune...

Remember order of operations though! Can you tell me what the proper order of tuning is?
What are you talking about LOL,... Maybe I'm doing everything upside down...

Please tell me the answer(s) before I go nuts with Google!

At least I may know what I'm doing is not stupid...

D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:24 AM   #1231
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
There's a certain order that creates the most success in a tune...

It' won't necessarily be on google. :)

This is where I torture you hanging the answer over your head for a little bit.
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:29 AM   #1232
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
OK, lets try...

1. set x-over points and dBs
2. TA
3. EQ

Just to throw some thing...

D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 03:55 PM   #1233
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
You're almost there!

crossover

phasing

amplitude level

time alignment

equalization

Take a little time to research the different effects that your slopes that you choose will have on phasing.
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 04:21 PM   #1234
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
You're almost there!



Take a little time to research the different effects that your slopes that you choose will have on phasing.
crossover DONE,

phasing A LITTLE HARD BUT DID IT

amplitude level WHAT DOES THIS MEANS?

time alignment WORKING ON IT

equalization FUN AND WORKING ON IT


D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 07:06 PM   #1235
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
When you put the dB level as a choice. That's amplitude in this case. You recall what your p99 crossover slopes can do...that includes adjusting the signal Voltage for each preout which is nice.
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 08:52 PM   #1236
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
There is also another technique that is a bit more advanced...

I may let you in on that one in a few months. We'll see how I do in Calgary...
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 03:58 PM   #1237
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
When you put the dB level as a choice. That's amplitude in this case. You recall what your p99 crossover slopes can do...that includes adjusting the signal Voltage for each preout which is nice.
Ohh! yes! I know what you are talking about, I use it to bump up/down the Sub once in a while between songs.

Talking about "Aiming" I've been going nuts with my MIDs, but when that happens I turn "OFF" Time Alingment and that reminds me why struggle so much with this,there are a couple of sweet spots but in general they sound so good (off-axis).

I'm leaning more in a position similar of your L4s, but just a tad more into the cabin 2 or 3 degrees and I would like to sink the Mids as much as possible into the a-pillars separating them apart.

What about the Tweeters?
How did you came up with your aiming? it's very agressive towards the windshiled!

D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC

Last edited by derickveliz2; 04-27-2011 at 01:26 AM.
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 07:02 PM   #1238
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
The tweeters for me are an afterthought. Most of the work of reproducing sound is done by the mids. The tweeters are there for top end "air". The aiming is a result of the same effect of the mids. It's about imaging for me. I can get the sparkle and air without the tweeters being too bright (i.e.-on axis).

...Scott also suggested I try the off axis setup...
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:58 AM   #1239
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Talking

This is what I've been waiting for...

LINK to Video I6SW!


D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 02:18 AM   #1240
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
Do you want to make that enclosure or do you want us to? That's the hard thing for you...it's a T/L enclosure. Right now we're still playing around with how to get these little woofers to give BIG impact. They sound spectacular but the output isn't as much as we'd like.

It's simply not a slap it in and let it go woofer.
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 11:33 PM   #1241
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
Do you want to make that enclosure or do you want us to? That's the hard thing for you...it's a T/L enclosure. Right now we're still playing around with how to get these little woofers to give BIG impact. They sound spectacular but the output isn't as much as we'd like.

It's simply not a slap it in and let it go woofer.
I understand, even the IDQ12 woofer changes so much by moving it around and aiming that in some scenarios will disappoint me and others shines like no other; my guess is that I'm going to build a box(es) my self, it's going to be like "Form follows function" instead of "Function follows Form".

I will supply .35 cubic fit with 2" Diameter 16" long vent , like HAT shows in their website, as a starting point and see what happens?

I'm sorry for the slow return, I got a new (temporally job in the IT area) with lots of commute, and some other photo projects, keeping me very busy and no time for my hobby/passion.

D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 02:01 AM   #1242
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
Job and family come first bro!

Like I mentioned in XBR's post, I've got a GREAT solution to IB the L6's.

Check this out:

You know the plastic insert mounts that the styrofoam goes into on our floor boards?



Use a flat blade screwdriver or panel popper and pop that bad boy out.







It gives is a 10"^2 aread for the L6's to vent! WOOT!

Take out your kicks, mark the area where that hole is, make the cut in the bottom of the pod. Before you put the pod back in, put some polyfill into the hole. It's a crumple zone that remains more dry than the doors do. I'd place a thin gasket around the hole and replace the kick pod. The mid bass response should be remarkable at this point, especially versus a sealed enclosure.

...and let the magic happen!
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
sound deadening: sq footage amount for 3dr goku87 In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) 29 11-14-2013 12:37 PM
2007 Yaris S Sound Deadening sqcomp In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) 70 12-13-2010 07:40 PM
Sound deadening 06vitzRS General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 10 05-05-2010 01:51 PM
Sedan Door Panel Deadening sqcomp In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) 42 06-01-2009 02:47 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:49 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.