Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-28-2009, 08:20 PM   #109
JBIZZ

Drives: 2007 Liftback white
I had a Chevy Express van, who's tranny was slipping & used lots of gas. Traded it in for my Yaris, after obsessing over the car for a few days. Another appealing feature was the lightweight of the vehicle, making it ideal candidate for performance mods. It was the only LB on the lot when I bought it. had 15" 7-spoke alloys and vinyl graphics on the side, along with a fancy tailpipe tip, fancy pedals, and fancy shift knob.

I have since: removed the vinyl graphics, which my friends called Barbie stripes, installed Tanabe DF210 lowering springs, NST pulley kit, Apexi WS2 axleback, Scangauge, TRD rear sway bar, 1zz throttle body and Rotrex supercharger along w/ bigger fuel injectors, & A pillar pod w/ tach, boost, and Air/Fuel gauges. Unfortunately my mechanic cracked one of the pistons, while driving the vehicle w/ too much boost, so its in the progress of getting lower compression forged pistons & forged rods installed. I have also purchased some 17" 10-spoke rims, which I hope to put on, along w/ Tokico blue shocks.
JBIZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 09:36 PM   #110
Yarrris-Wench
Keep To The Code

Drives: Red 2009 Toyo Yaris- Isabella
Send a message via AIM to Yarrris-Wench
why...

It was what I could afford at the time w/ financing but fell in love once I had the keys in my hand an had my first car bought with my own money.

I woudn't trade my izzy for anything in the world! she's great on gas & does decent in the snow of the north (where i bought it) but still does good off roading on the country roads of TX (where we are now).
Tail Lights, HIDs, Tint, Rear Speaker Box & Amp(Boom Boom :P)

Yarrris-Wench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 10:34 PM   #111
rwyu

Drives: 2010 Yaris; 2008 BMW 335i
Great on gas and much better reliability then my bimmer.
rwyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 11:09 PM   #112
GeneralDon7

Drives: Yaris Sedan
Lik everyone else says, great on gas, low cost, great reliability from the maker. Fun to drive, easy to work on, small to fit into tight spots.
GeneralDon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 09:08 PM   #113
joey666701

Drives: 2010 yaris 2 door red
great on gas, and my old car kept dying on me... 2 times on the freeway... 2 times in front the my house... and the last time at work trying to go home... i only got $50 for it but toyota had to tow it from my job so i sadly had no ground to stand on...
joey666701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:54 PM   #114
TEHxFALLEN V1.2
Banned

Drives: '08 Lexus IS-F
Send a message via AIM to TEHxFALLEN V1.2
Toyota dealership put a loaded gun to my head and said buy it or else.

Sponsored by: Micro Image
http://microimageonline.com
TEHxFALLEN V1.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 01:20 AM   #115
3stars_n_a_sun

Drives: 2008 yaris sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwyu View Post
Great on gas and much better reliability then my bimmer.
+1 on this except for the bimmer (i don't have a bimmer)
3stars_n_a_sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 02:05 AM   #116
rwyu

Drives: 2010 Yaris; 2008 BMW 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3stars_n_a_sun View Post
+1 on this except for the bimmer (i don't have a bimmer)
Amen to that. I am on my third hpfp for the bimmer and this car has less than 26k miles on it. I will miss the sound of the turbos spinning and the bov during the weekday, but weekends, that will be a different story!
rwyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 01:47 PM   #117
libraryelf

Drives: 2008 Yaris white
My Chevy Cavalier was slowly dieing and so I had to replace "Callie". I was just out looking on that Sunday in March of 08 and I went around the corner. The sun hits me in eyes and when I could finally see, there was my "Yazzie". I know the salesman thought I was daffy as duck because I said it growled little bit like a Ford Mustang I had looked at (practical side one that arguement). I found out later that growl was because I had in drive 3 instead of drive. I love Yaris. I hope "she" can last for at least 11 years, that is how long I had my "Callie".
libraryelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 07:24 PM   #118
thewifesyaris

Drives: 2007 and 2008 MM Yari LBs
My wife bought hers because it was the only new car we could afford at the time. I bought mine, after she crashed my Fit, because it was all we could afford again. I don't regret either purchase, I do miss some of the fancier things the more pricier cars came with but overall we pay nothing a month for two cars. Both financed plus insurance and gas. A little more than 500 a month total. Plus my work reimburses mileage at 60 cents/mile, so 30-50 miles a day or so at 30-40 mpg I would say I am winning that battle.

I like having the extra cash that others don't when it comes to overall cost per month. That and we are relatively green people so the less of everything aspect of the Yaris is nice. Less metal and material used, less emisions, less upkeep ie oil etc, less everything.

These little guys do look pretty good at the right height with the right set of wheels too. Not to mention they can be made into crazy machines like CaliYaris's turboed Yaris.