Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-15-2008, 05:13 PM   #109
bobselectric
Kickin' Yaris

Drives: 07 Yaris liftback
I locked the keys in the car once with the engine running--- It took me three hours to get the family out!!
bobselectric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 05:14 PM   #110
ROCKLAND TOYOTA
TRIM HUNTER

Drives: 2007 BLAZIN BLUE YARIS 3 DR
D'OH......

TOYOTA PARTS AT A DISCOUNT........
ROCKLAND TOYOTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 07:59 PM   #111
Bob_VT

Drives: 08 Yaris LB
Well if this is anything...... I got another key cut the other day for my Yaris..... no specific reason but the voices told me to get one.......

Come on admit it....... who else went out a got an additional key cut because of this post?

Yes, I did look at buying a brick too but it would not fit in my wallet.

Come to the DARKSIDE..... We have candy
Bob_VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 01:12 AM   #112
rg570lvr

Drives: '08 Yaris MM 3d Lb, auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chupacabra View Post
I said that I didn't lock my car....I didn't say that I left my watch, money and all kinds of personal stuff in there!!!! That is your problem man!
Sorry, I didn't realize I would offend you, and I sure didn't say it WAS your problem. You just convinced me to leave this site, I don't need shit like this. I was just trying fit in, and be freindly and contribute and you have to act like this, but thanks to you I'm out of here. I thank most of the people on here that were nice and helpful, but I won't be back. I dont belong here. This isn't the site that it used to be.

Last edited by rg570lvr; 12-16-2008 at 01:55 AM.
rg570lvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 08:19 AM   #113
Chupacabra
Banned

Drives: 2009 Yaris liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by rg570lvr View Post
Sorry, I didn't realize I would offend you, and I sure didn't say it WAS your problem. You just convinced me to leave this site, I don't need shit like this. I was just trying fit in, and be freindly and contribute and you have to act like this, but thanks to you I'm out of here. I thank most of the people on here that were nice and helpful, but I won't be back. I dont belong here. This isn't the site that it used to be.
Hey man....woah. No need to bug out. You didn't offend me at all. I was just pointing out that since I don't lock my doors, I also don't leave anything in the car worth money such as: watch, money, etc. I know that you didn't say it was my problem....I said that it was your problem because obviously if things are in view and the car is open, it's likely to be broken into. If your skin is this brittle and thin, it might be best to leave but I hope that you wouldn't just because of that post....I mean, it's just an internet forum man - people comment on all kinds of things, go off topic, come back on topic etc. Don't take it personally man!

Oh yeah....and lock your car if your going to leave valuables in it.
Chupacabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 12:41 PM   #114
gid

Drives: '08 Yaris sedan , '08 Liftback
does seem like this site has gone down the sh*tter . Too many people with crappy attitudes . Such as ganging up on certain members . Most of the time I see personal attacks and cold remarks . TELLS ME SOCIETY IS TAKING THE PLUNGE . Doesn't anyone respect others feelings , etc.. Quite sure I'll be confronted on this .
gid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 12:31 AM   #115
Vinsanity

Drives: Yaris
dude.. smal $hit happen to me.... i took 2 drum sticks and pushed the window outside and had a stick that was curved. and moved the lock, and that worked.
Vinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 08:47 AM   #116
Chupacabra
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gid View Post
does seem like this site has gone down the sh*tter . Too many people with crappy attitudes . Such as ganging up on certain members . Most of the time I see personal attacks and cold remarks . TELLS ME SOCIETY IS TAKING THE PLUNGE . Doesn't anyone respect others feelings , etc.. Quite sure I'll be confronted on this .
I don't think that is the case as much as it is "survival of the fittest." If somebody can come in here and ask a question with some level of basic education, I am sure that he will be responded to in an appropriate way. When people bitch and moan about how their car stinks, then come back to say it was of their own doing, THEN continue to state the it is "a poor design" then they should get flamed. It's not "ganging up" it called waking up in the bed you make for yourself. Crappy attitudes....well, maybe sometimes but I see mostly comments and points (some valid, some maybe not as much). What I think is that common sense prevails and when you are subjected to a forum of people...if you have none you might get some crap. BUT, if you acknowledge your shortcomings and come to the table open and honestly, as well as objective and sensibly....then 95% of the time you will get your issue/question/concerned dealt with respectably. Then, at the end of the day, there are those with thin skin who....IMO should not even engage on an internet forum.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:09 AM   #117
iwantayarisnyc

Drives: 08 sedan auto
Quote:
I don't think that is the case as much as it is "survival of the fittest." If somebody can come in here and ask a question with some level of basic education, I am sure that he will be responded to in an appropriate way. When people bitch and moan about how their car stinks, then come back to say it was of their own doing, THEN continue to state the it is "a poor design" then they should get flamed. It's not "ganging up" it called waking up in the bed you make for yourself. Crappy attitudes....well, maybe sometimes but I see mostly comments and points (some valid, some maybe not as much). What I think is that common sense prevails and when you are subjected to a forum of people...if you have none you might get some crap. BUT, if you acknowledge your shortcomings and come to the table open and honestly, as well as objective and sensibly....then 95% of the time you will get your issue/question/concerned dealt with respectably. Then, at the end of the day, there are those with thin skin who....IMO should not even engage on an internet forum.
ROFL, i have alot of people making fun of me; and i'm still not mad. some people are just too sensitive. if they are sensitive on an internet forum, in real life it must be worse.

P.S. still haven't brought it to a body shop yet.
iwantayarisnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 09:11 AM   #118
iwantayarisnyc

Drives: 08 sedan auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
dude.. smal $hit happen to me.... i took 2 drum sticks and pushed the window outside and had a stick that was curved. and moved the lock, and that worked.
must be some long drumsticks! actually i had to reach all the way to the ignition, where the keys were at because my aftermarket power locks are impossible to move except by a "thumb" . it's just no leverage with the tool i had.
iwantayarisnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 03:53 PM   #119
gid

A.K.A. : Mr.k.i.a. ...

Quote:
hope you can take that with a grain of salt .
Old 12-17-2008, 04:03 PM   #120
Chupacabra
Banned

Hey...it doesn't bother me in the least bit. One thing is fact and that is that I know a hell of lot more than you do!
Old 12-17-2008, 04:24 PM   #121
gid

A.K.A. : Mr.Sensitive ...

Quote:
Hey...it doesn't bother me in the least bit. One thing is fact and that is that I know a hell of lot more than you do!
Some people shouldn't be on the internet .
Old 12-17-2008, 04:47 PM   #122
ImportRacer88

Drives: 4dr Sedan s
Send a message via AIM to ImportRacer88 Send a message via Yahoo to ImportRacer88
ouch dude that sucks... i have to get an estimate for mine too illshow some ipcs tomarrow i have to get back to work but thats gunna be more than a grand to fix
ImportRacer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 04:51 PM   #123
ImportRacer88

Drives: 4dr Sedan s
Send a message via AIM to ImportRacer88 Send a message via Yahoo to ImportRacer88
my brother used to work for maco and thats not how it is and they take pride in their work and your an idiot for saying that shit
ImportRacer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 05:04 PM   #124
bzinn 1

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB
well you can get the seals pretty reasonable on TRD sparks.com and as for the body work just leave it for now.......it is winter and if you got in a fender bender you can get it added on to the bid for repair and save a bundle.If no bender then fix in the spring....should not be too much to work the small dents and prime and paint.

I always thought behind the rear plate was a great spot to hide a key.bolted right to the car.and you can zip tie the wrench to the under side of the car in the back to get the bolt off.
bzinn 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 05:16 PM   #125
ZING

Drives: Yaris '09,GTi '09, BMW 3.30ci
After reading all the posts I find the brick-through-window-tactic would probably work the best
ZING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 05:47 PM   #126
Chupacabra
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportRacer88 View Post
my brother used to work for maco and thats not how it is and they take pride in their work and your an idiot for saying that shit

I know....I don't know what I am talking about. I am an idiot and you are right...Macco does fantastic work. I'll take my car there next time it needs some quality body and paint work. Thanks for setting me straight.