Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2011, 11:47 AM   #1
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
What speakers are you using the amp for?
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 11:50 AM   #2
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
What speakers are you using the amp for?


L6


D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 05:24 PM   #3
_S7V7N_
 
_S7V7N_'s Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris 4 Door Sedan
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: South Texas
Posts: 805
Send a message via Yahoo to _S7V7N_
I just got some Autotek's 6.5CX's to replace the Hifonics 6.5's..See what they sound like..Same company, so we'll see.
__________________


Audio is under Construction Kenwood KDC-X794
Hifonics Zeus ZXI6.5C 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component Speaker System - AUTOTEK ATX65CX 6.5-Inch
Hifonics BXi 1210D - Crunch PowerZone P1400.4
(2)12 inch Kicker CVR's - 0 gauge from battery to Distribution block - 4 Gauge Power/Grounds to amps - Duralast Yellow Top - Big 3
_S7V7N_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 01:22 AM   #4
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by _S7V7N_ View Post
I just got some Autotek's 6.5CX's to replace the Hifonics 6.5's..See what they sound like..Same company, so we'll see.
Cool! but why? what are you going to do with the passive X-over? isn't these new speakers a 2 way and not a component like the Hifonics?

I'm about to swap mine (Hifonics 6.5) for HAT L6s I'm not hoping for any big gain at the beginning, every thing shines after a break in period.



D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 05:54 PM   #5
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
Derick! Where were you when I was selling my LRx 2.9's?!? One of those would be great for the L6's.

I'd try to find one of those used, an Arc KS or SE amp, maybe an ID Q amplifier...

You want mento talk to Jim? We may have a closeout deal for you on ID.

EDIT:

Just talked to Jim on the phone. He has a couple amps for you that I believe he's closing out that you might be able to use. Drop him an e-mail.
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine

Last edited by sqcomp; 06-24-2011 at 07:21 PM.
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 01:35 AM   #6
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
Derick! Where were you when I was selling my LRx 2.9's?!? One of those would be great for the L6's.

I'd try to find one of those used, an Arc KS or SE amp, maybe an ID Q amplifier...

You want mento talk to Jim? We may have a closeout deal for you on ID.

EDIT:

Just talked to Jim on the phone. He has a couple amps for you that I believe he's closing out that you might be able to use. Drop him an e-mail.
I guess I was dealing with the electric noise and suspecting the PowerBass amp was going back to the factory for repairs (resolved problem by moving the RCA cables from the left side of the HU to the right).

Too bad I missed your LRx 2.9's now I know the need of Power on the lower end.

We'll find something. (o:

D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 09:51 PM   #7
_S7V7N_
 
_S7V7N_'s Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris 4 Door Sedan
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: South Texas
Posts: 805
Send a message via Yahoo to _S7V7N_
Hmm i may need some help on if i can use the crossovers, i thought as long as these speakers are the same impedance (4ohms) and the frequencies are similar (off by 10 kHz) i could use them on the crossover ?

Hifonics 6.5 - 60 Hz - 30 kHz
Autotek's - 60 Hz - 20 kHz

Ohh and my Hifonics 6.5's started to act up, so i got these to try out.
__________________


Audio is under Construction Kenwood KDC-X794
Hifonics Zeus ZXI6.5C 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component Speaker System - AUTOTEK ATX65CX 6.5-Inch
Hifonics BXi 1210D - Crunch PowerZone P1400.4
(2)12 inch Kicker CVR's - 0 gauge from battery to Distribution block - 4 Gauge Power/Grounds to amps - Duralast Yellow Top - Big 3
_S7V7N_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 01:05 AM   #8
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
What crossovers are you thinking of using? The thing is that you don't exactly know the values of the crossover components or how the different speakers will react...you CAN use the crossover, it just won't work as well as it could.

Don't take too much stock on the upper frequency range advertised by the manufacturer. We can't hear much past 18kHz.
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 05:27 AM   #9
_S7V7N_
 
_S7V7N_'s Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris 4 Door Sedan
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: South Texas
Posts: 805
Send a message via Yahoo to _S7V7N_
It's the Hifonics crossover that came with the component set..Same one Derick has/had .



<--- using these now.
__________________


Audio is under Construction Kenwood KDC-X794
Hifonics Zeus ZXI6.5C 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component Speaker System - AUTOTEK ATX65CX 6.5-Inch
Hifonics BXi 1210D - Crunch PowerZone P1400.4
(2)12 inch Kicker CVR's - 0 gauge from battery to Distribution block - 4 Gauge Power/Grounds to amps - Duralast Yellow Top - Big 3
_S7V7N_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 11:08 AM   #10
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
I sold my passive x-overs to a fellow member here in Yaris world, even though he never paid me )o:

The problem is if you use the passive x-over, your new speakers have a tweeter integrated within, so you will cut all high frequencies and the new tweeter won't play at all. Your new speakers are Full range speakers does not require a x-over, it's less efficient than your old ones.

Why are you switching back to full range speakers instead your component speakers?

D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 01:17 PM   #11
_S7V7N_
 
_S7V7N_'s Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris 4 Door Sedan
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: South Texas
Posts: 805
Send a message via Yahoo to _S7V7N_
Here's what i posted on Mike Stiers FB page : Hey Mike, I purchased the Hifonics 6.5 components March of last year, they're great, however one of them stopped working, when you push down on the front of the speaker right where the signal input goes into the cone it works great, sounds great no distortion what so ever. Could this be just a loose connection ?

His Reply : Mike Stiers Hi . Sounds like a short on the tinsel lead. Since you are out of your warranty period, I would suggest trying to repair the tinsel yourself.

Hmm then does anyone know the cutoff of the Crossover where the 6.5 connects too ? Cause i would want these speakers to play around 100 Hz - 3 kHz. I would think the tweeter would pick up some voice ? I'll test it later on and let you know if it works, Unless there's another way to tell where the cutoff is .
__________________


Audio is under Construction Kenwood KDC-X794
Hifonics Zeus ZXI6.5C 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component Speaker System - AUTOTEK ATX65CX 6.5-Inch
Hifonics BXi 1210D - Crunch PowerZone P1400.4
(2)12 inch Kicker CVR's - 0 gauge from battery to Distribution block - 4 Gauge Power/Grounds to amps - Duralast Yellow Top - Big 3
_S7V7N_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 08:02 PM   #12
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by _S7V7N_ View Post
Unless there's another way to tell where the cutoff is .
I have no idea, S7V7N... very soon I'm taking mine out, do you want them?

D.

.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 10:49 PM   #13
_S7V7N_
 
_S7V7N_'s Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris 4 Door Sedan
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: South Texas
Posts: 805
Send a message via Yahoo to _S7V7N_
When you take yours out, holla at me bro. When i get back to Tx i'm gonna try to fix the tinsel leads on mine, but hell...I'd love another pair of them.
__________________


Audio is under Construction Kenwood KDC-X794
Hifonics Zeus ZXI6.5C 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component Speaker System - AUTOTEK ATX65CX 6.5-Inch
Hifonics BXi 1210D - Crunch PowerZone P1400.4
(2)12 inch Kicker CVR's - 0 gauge from battery to Distribution block - 4 Gauge Power/Grounds to amps - Duralast Yellow Top - Big 3
_S7V7N_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 12:33 AM   #14
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by _S7V7N_ View Post
When you take yours out, holla at me bro. When i get back to Tx i'm gonna try to fix the tinsel leads on mine, but hell...I'd love another pair of them.
Sure I'll let you know, but you pay for shipping!

D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 03:23 AM   #15
_S7V7N_
 
_S7V7N_'s Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris 4 Door Sedan
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: South Texas
Posts: 805
Send a message via Yahoo to _S7V7N_
Hell as long as shipping isn't more than about 10 - 15 bucks..heck ya !

Matter of fact i'll paypal you 15 bucks when that time comes. I just checked on shippin it'll range anywhere from 5-10 bucks...so you can just pocket the rest ..
__________________


Audio is under Construction Kenwood KDC-X794
Hifonics Zeus ZXI6.5C 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component Speaker System - AUTOTEK ATX65CX 6.5-Inch
Hifonics BXi 1210D - Crunch PowerZone P1400.4
(2)12 inch Kicker CVR's - 0 gauge from battery to Distribution block - 4 Gauge Power/Grounds to amps - Duralast Yellow Top - Big 3
_S7V7N_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:23 PM   #16
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
Hey D,

Spurring you on...I got the kicks mostly done today. I just need some sanding and a shorthair coat, then I'll carpet these bad boys.







Also got the sub enclosure put into the car. I had to look at clearance and placement issues for the amps...




^Yes, that is a mock S2b...I'd rather lug that around versus the real thing.

Speaking of the real thing, it looks like I received the #1 S2b from DD...

__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 01:59 AM   #17
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
Hey D,

Spurring you on...I got the kicks mostly done today. I just need some sanding and a shorthair coat, then I'll carpet these bad boys.




The kick panel looks GREAT, but... it's in the wrong Yaris... Jeje


You can keep the 100% mock-up of your DD amp, I'm going to keep the actual amp


D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 08:00 PM   #18
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
The thing is that you're set on the front sub. I can help to make it seemless from another location.

That being said, these kicks should fit your L6's...You can make these! If you want, I can do the flush baffles.
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
sound deadening: sq footage amount for 3dr goku87 In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) 29 11-14-2013 12:37 PM
2007 Yaris S Sound Deadening sqcomp In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) 70 12-13-2010 07:40 PM
Sound deadening 06vitzRS General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 10 05-05-2010 01:51 PM
Sedan Door Panel Deadening sqcomp In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) 42 06-01-2009 02:47 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:45 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.