Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-04-2009, 09:21 AM   #127
Yaris Hilton
Half a Bubble Off Plumb

Drives: 2009 Yaris Sedan
Smile

As you've doubtless heard, your mileage may vary. I've filled my 2009 AT sedan three times. First tank averaged 32.4 MPG (and included some hard driving chasing my preacher to his house to pick up a package!) Second was 37.5. Third was 36.0. I expect I'll average in the mid-30s, as I'm a sensible driver but not a hard core hypermiler, and most of my driving's around town. I'm quite happy with that.
Yaris Hilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 09:26 AM   #128
YarisOwnersDad
Is now a Corolla S Owner

Drives: 2010 Corolla S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaris Hilton View Post
As you've doubtless heard, your mileage may vary. I've filled my 2009 AT sedan three times. First tank averaged 32.4 MPG (and included some hard driving chasing my preacher to his house to pick up a package!) Second was 37.5. Third was 36.0. I expect I'll average in the mid-30s, as I'm a sensible driver but not a hard core hypermiler, and most of my driving's around town. I'm quite happy with that.
Thanks for that info, YH. Your experience is actually very encouraging, since I live in a rural area and do very little in town driving. If your mileage is that good, then mine should be even better, more like what Brainless Twit gets.

Tom
YarisOwnersDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 09:49 AM   #129
AlexNet0

Drives: '07 Yaris 3dr
Send a message via AIM to AlexNet0 Send a message via MSN to AlexNet0 Send a message via Yahoo to AlexNet0
oh yeah, i have the 5spd in rural area and i get a consistant 38-42
Old 04-04-2009, 09:56 AM   #130
YarisOwnersDad
Is now a Corolla S Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexNet0 View Post
oh yeah, i have the 5spd in rural area and i get a consistant 38-42
SUPER! Music to my ears.

Tom
Old 04-04-2009, 12:51 PM   #131
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by YarisOwnersDad View Post
I know that in a lot of cases, people have their minds made up, and when they solicit advice, they are really only looking for confirmation for the decision that they have already made. I have been guilty of that myself.
I agree with you there.

Never mind the Yaris for a minute. I find that generally, if a purchase requires you to think about it too much - I don't mean the research part, I mean if you're not sure, you have to put it on hold because you want to think about it, you're 50/50 about it so you need people's opinion to help tip the scale one way or the other, etc, then you probably shouldn't go through with the purchase. That's my experience. Because the part of you that is holding you back right now is the part of you that may continue to haunt you later "see, I told you not to get that POS..." If you been through this before, you know what I mean.

Cars, houses, and certain BIG purchases like that, require a lot of research for most people and all input is good. But you know what I mean. If you have to think about it too much...

Personally, ever since you said 1) you were going for the sedan and not the liftback, and 2) you explained how much $$$ it's really going to cost you in the long run, I think you should walk away from the Yaris and just wait a couple of years to see what's on the market then. Seems to me you're trading down, not up and not getting that much more in exchange.

I got the Yaris liftback because there are very few subcompact vehicles with a hatchback to choose from, so the Yaris ended up being in my top 3. Plus, I think the Yaris LB is the best looking of them all (hey, that counts! ) but if the Yaris TS showed up in the US tomorrow, I'd be all over it in less time than it takes me to write this post, believe me, whether it makes financial sense or not... so yeah, I know what you mean.

But you're looking at sedans, and there really is a lot to choose from out there, so... I don't know...

tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:52 PM   #132
tomato
Super Moderator

@ Yaris Hilton:

I nearly fell off my chair when I saw your new avatar yesterday!! Big difference!
Old 04-04-2009, 02:32 PM   #133
anonymous user
rarer than JDM -1 of 1!

Drives: 07yaris
I get teased by one of my best mates for the fact that i love cheap, crappy cars.
Atleast i am only down to one now :)
anonymous user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 02:43 PM   #134
AlexNet0

Drives: '07 Yaris 3dr
Send a message via AIM to AlexNet0 Send a message via MSN to AlexNet0 Send a message via Yahoo to AlexNet0
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous user View Post
I get teased by one of my best mates for the fact that i love cheap, crappy cars.

? no crap here, just quality cheapness
Old 04-04-2009, 03:04 PM   #135
tomato
Super Moderator

crappy car?!!

Better be a typo !!
Old 04-04-2009, 04:07 PM   #136
Yaris Hilton
Half a Bubble Off Plumb

Drives: 2009 Yaris Sedan
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomato View Post
@ Yaris Hilton:

I nearly fell off my chair when I saw your new avatar yesterday!! Big difference!
Yeah, well, it's springtime and the beard's lining bird nests now.
Yaris Hilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 04:25 PM   #137
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous user View Post
What the hell?!?

The Yaris is not cheap, it is inexpensive and far from crappy!
MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 08:21 PM   #138
YarisOwnersDad
Is now a Corolla S Owner

Ok, Peeps, I went to Don Moore Toyota today and took a little test drive in one of those Flint Micas that they had in inventory. My salesman, Jeff, is still on vacation, and I made it clear to the salesman, Bill, who helped me today that I was dealing with Jeff. Bill said that there was no problem and that he would help me just as a favor to Jeff and would not expect any of the commission if I bought the car.

I was shocked when I saw the Flint Mica, because it was much darker than I thought it would be. At first I was not sure I liked it, but after the wife and I went and had us a steak, I went back the second time, which is when I took the test drive, and I decided that the longer I saw the car, the more I liked the color.

It sure "felt right" behind the wheel of that car as I test drove it. I just may have to go over there Monday morning and make the deal! Even my wife is not having a hissy over this deal, like I thought she would.

Tom

Last edited by YarisOwnersDad; 04-04-2009 at 11:24 PM.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:42 PM   #139
YarisOwnersDad
Is now a Corolla S Owner

I may have to change my username next week to DadGot12. :)

Tom
Old 04-04-2009, 09:11 PM   #140
YarisOwnersDad
Is now a Corolla S Owner

Oh, yeah, they now have 0% interest for 60 months, if the customer would prefer that to the $1000 cash rebate. If I am doing the calculating right, I would have a $291 per month payment for 60 months (at zero percent interest) by trading, compared to 53 more payments of $228 by keeping the Cobalt. That's only $5376 difference, and that would be partially offset by five years worth of fuel savings, $1692! That is IF gas stays at $2.00 per gallon.

Tom

Last edited by YarisOwnersDad; 04-04-2009 at 10:47 PM.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:42 PM   #141
tomato
Super Moderator

I just checked the website of a local Toyota dealership. Looks like they too, are offering 0% financing or cash rebate in California, on the Yaris.

California just increased the sales tax 1%, though, which brings it to 9 or 9.5% depending where you live (sigh).

Er.. not that I'm ready to trade in or anything
Old 04-04-2009, 11:57 PM   #142
anonymous user
rarer than JDM -1 of 1!

Drives: 07yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexNet0 View Post
? no crap here, just quality cheapness

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomato View Post
crappy car?!!

Better be a typo !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
What the hell?!?

The Yaris is not cheap, it is inexpensive and far from crappy!
There is no way to explain why i love my yaris, but i'd be happy in an echo as well. I do love jdm kei-cars though. Probably till i die.

anonymous user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 09:11 AM   #143
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
YarisOwnersDadWhoMightSoonOwnOneTooMaybeNotSureYet ,

Flint Mica's a great color for the sedan, you would not go wrong with it, very classy and understated

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 11:53 AM   #144
YarisOwnersDad
Is now a Corolla S Owner

Well, Peeps, this journey toward becoming a Yaris owner is very close to its end. Thanks to all of you who have traveled this road with me and helped me consider the things that needed to be considered. Lord willing, I will go in the morning and pick up that Flint Mica Yaris.

Now, I am going to need a new username, right?

Tomster