Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2011, 11:34 PM   #1
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
I'm thinking that we have a translation issue. I'm agreeing with you.

Recall your goal of equal PLDs? Symmetry. We're trying to get those speakers as far away at equal distances from us on the same plane.

That's all I was saying.


Jaja! it happens to me all the time!

Yes, PLDs rock for SQ sound, I learn my lesson.

I'm heading downstairs, I would like to finish the kicks tonight, and called "done, for now" and move over to install the HAT L6s, I'll have to do a baffle like you did and get more Mat to for the plastic panels.


D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 03:09 AM   #2
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
OK,
Mids are properly installed in the kick area, at least functionality; aesthetically mmm not quiet like when I had them in the a-pillars.

Next step: HAT L6s in the doors.

D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 04:18 PM   #3
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
Pics or it didn't happen! :P

Let's trade notes on the doors. I've my SEs in the doors. I'm in a holding pattern to make the panels more aesthetically pleasing with some trim work and grills...that will come...after the trunk and tweeters. I can plug power in and get good, beefy (unequalized) sound out of the SEs now.




^There's an edge on that kick that I can see...I want to smooth that down before the glaze goat.
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 07:55 PM   #4
sickpuppy1
 
Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kansas
Posts: 871
Yeah and the carpets dirty too,lol
__________________
sickpuppy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 09:10 PM   #5
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
Oh man...this car isn't going to be vacuumed until I'm done. You should see the interior. Lots of fiberglass dust.

I'm going to be forced to clumk down 5 C's for a new floor carpet when I'm done. I was stoooooopid and said F it, then cut into the carpet about 6 months ago. Dumb move. Oh well, I'm lucky to have that change to spare.
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:42 AM   #6
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
Okay Derick...what are you up to? I'm into my pillars now. I'll be glassing soon. I'd expect to have both pillars roughed in by Christmas.
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 09:12 AM   #7
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
I've been trying to work on the L6s in the doors, so far I made a baffle for the pilot's side (see photos below) ugly and painful, I'm going to make a plan (drawings) and ask a local friend to cut the other side for me. The good thing is that you don't see this, any way shame on me, but it works and that is what counts.

On the other side, we (as family) have been sick and barely had time to work, I did take some pics of the kick's with the MIDs but still in my camera, will upload later on.






D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 02:07 PM   #8
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
The important thing is that we're all still moving forward. I've got my driver's side a pillar out with the tweeter baffle all glued into place. I'm looking at carving out some more of the OEM plastic so I can make the angles more agreeable aesthetically and output-wise. I may just paint the a pillars the OEM color as well to match the entire front of the car up.
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 03:45 PM   #9
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
Even with the panel foamed, you're trying to force a crap ton of mid bass energy through the OEM grill. This is why I opened up mine. You have a heck of a lot more free energy and less panel rattle with that OEM grill removed. I'll be finishing up the finish of the panel trim on mine as soon as the a pillars are roughed in.
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 12:17 AM   #10
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Thumbs up

No way! I'm cutting the panels for sure! Too much macho power going through,
They have to breath free!!!!!! I recognize that my system sounds so good (at least to me) thanks to the great Midbass I'm getting, can't wait to feel the L6s with the power of the ID amp.

and...

I want to see the L6s move!... I'll make a simple grill cloth some day.

also I'm adding some sort of water protection, just in case! made of left overs of MLV, who said recycle!


D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:17 AM   #11
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Arrow

Mids in the kick area: (naked)







D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 09:30 PM   #12
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by derickveliz2 View Post
Mids in the kick area: (naked)




D.
Putting my Mids in the Kick area it was the best option for an awesome stage in the Yaris! THE BEST!

D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:20 AM   #13
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Water protection for L6s











D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:21 AM   #14
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
L6s should breath...



D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:24 AM   #15
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Next there is some special deadening... what I mean is to reduce vibrations (rattles caused by the L6's as much as possible)







D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:33 PM   #16
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
You're going to find that the squeaks and rattles happen on the extreme ends of the control bezels in the doors.

Drope me an e-mail D. I've got an idea about the panel and perhaps some really effective deadening.
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 11:01 PM   #17
sickpuppy1
 
Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kansas
Posts: 871
put it back in and spray it with undercoating or sprayable bed liner to keep it stable.
__________________
sickpuppy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 02:29 AM   #18
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickpuppy1 View Post
put it back in and spray it with undercoating or sprayable bed liner to keep it stable.
sp... what are you talking about?

D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
sound deadening: sq footage amount for 3dr goku87 In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) 29 11-14-2013 12:37 PM
2007 Yaris S Sound Deadening sqcomp In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) 70 12-13-2010 07:40 PM
Sound deadening 06vitzRS General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 10 05-05-2010 01:51 PM
Sedan Door Panel Deadening sqcomp In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) 42 06-01-2009 02:47 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:49 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.