Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2008, 10:26 AM   #1
songa
 
Drives: 2009 Yaris Sedan (Black)
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: MA, USA
Posts: 139
kit to install power locks?

hey guys, quick quetsion. i got a 2009 yaris sedan without the power package, so theres no power locks installed. however, i am interested in installing these eventually and did a search and found a kit on a1electric:


http://www.a1electric.com/Merchant2/...duct_Code=W02C


can anyone confirm that this is the right kit to use for my car? its a sedan so its 4 doors, and this kit is for the cable actuated locks, not the rod actuated ones. does this look like it will work? and any idea how much itd cost to have it installed somewhere? thanks!
songa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 10:44 AM   #2
mikenacarato
SIPNDEW
 
mikenacarato's Avatar
 
Drives: 15 STI
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Brentwood, TN
Posts: 2,281
Send a message via AIM to mikenacarato
you can use that once since our car has cable controlled locks. if you do let me know how the install goes.
mikenacarato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 11:19 PM   #3
b_hickman11
 
Drives: 08 Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Tyler, TX
Posts: 899
Quote:
Originally Posted by songa View Post
hey guys, quick quetsion. i got a 2009 yaris sedan without the power package, so theres no power locks installed. however, i am interested in installing these eventually and did a search and found a kit on a1electric:


http://www.a1electric.com/Merchant2/...duct_Code=W02C


can anyone confirm that this is the right kit to use for my car? its a sedan so its 4 doors, and this kit is for the cable actuated locks, not the rod actuated ones. does this look like it will work? and any idea how much itd cost to have it installed somewhere? thanks!
Thats the same exact kit that I installed on my 07 Sedan, except I bought the kit that came with a Keyless Entry unit. I installed it myself. It was very easy and it works great!
b_hickman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 11:31 PM   #4
auxmike
 
auxmike's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 HB, A/T, Power W/L/M
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: LI, New Yawk
Posts: 2,063
I sprang for the power package, worth every cent!
You get a power lock on the hatch too which is nice. Also, there's a feature that won't let the doors lock if you leave the key in the ignition.
It's all covered under factory warrenty too......
auxmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 02:42 AM   #5
Revsson
 
Drives: 2009 Meteorite Metallic LB MT
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Southeast Wisconsin
Posts: 810
Quote:
Originally Posted by auxmike View Post
I sprang for the power package, worth every cent!
You get a power lock on the hatch too which is nice. Also, there's a feature that won't let the doors lock if you leave the key in the ignition.
It's all covered under factory warrenty too......
+1 for that
The a1 system looks pretty easy to install, too.
Revsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 11:15 AM   #6
Stargate YARlantIS
 
Stargate YARlantIS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Saint Petersburg, FL
Posts: 351
do they make one for the LB????
__________________
Visualize whirled peas.


Peace, Love and Good Smoke!
--Tommy Chong
Stargate YARlantIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 06:14 PM   #7
b_hickman11
 
Drives: 08 Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Tyler, TX
Posts: 899
yes, the same kit, just with 2 less motors.
b_hickman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 12:48 AM   #8
songa
 
Drives: 2009 Yaris Sedan (Black)
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: MA, USA
Posts: 139
yea, heres a few links to the right ones:

this one is just like the one i suggested but for 2 doors only:
http://www.a1electric.com/Merchant2/...duct_Code=W01C

this one is the same but with keyless entry:
http://www.a1electric.com/Merchant2/...ode=W01C-RF104

and this one has keyless entry and security alarm:
http://www.a1electric.com/Merchant2/...ode=W01C-B6000


peace!
songa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 01:34 AM   #9
Revsson
 
Drives: 2009 Meteorite Metallic LB MT
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Southeast Wisconsin
Posts: 810
Quote:
Originally Posted by songa View Post
yea, heres a few links to the right ones:

this one is just like the one i suggested but for 2 doors only:
http://www.a1electric.com/Merchant2/...duct_Code=W01C

this one is the same but with keyless entry:
http://www.a1electric.com/Merchant2/...ode=W01C-RF104

and this one has keyless entry and security alarm:
http://www.a1electric.com/Merchant2/...ode=W01C-B6000


peace!
They should include another relay/motor for the back hatch, too.
Glad I got the factory sysytem.
Revsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 10:19 AM   #10
auxmike
 
auxmike's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 HB, A/T, Power W/L/M
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: LI, New Yawk
Posts: 2,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revsson View Post
They should include another relay/motor for the back hatch, too.
Glad I got the factory sysytem.
+1, true that!
The $1290 for the power package adds up to very little to your monthly payments when spread over a 60mo. loan.
I WOULD like to add keyless to my car though......
auxmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 10:51 AM   #11
b_hickman11
 
Drives: 08 Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Tyler, TX
Posts: 899
Quote:
Originally Posted by auxmike View Post
+1, true that!
The $1290 for the power package adds up to very little to your monthly payments when spread over a 60mo. loan.
I WOULD like to add keyless to my car though......
It depends on what region you live in. The cost of the power package in my region is $1785 which is an extra $30 a month.

a1 also sells the part you need for the hatch. Here is the link:

http://www.a1electric.com/Merchant2/...Category_Code=
b_hickman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 04:46 PM   #12
auxmike
 
auxmike's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 HB, A/T, Power W/L/M
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: LI, New Yawk
Posts: 2,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_hickman11 View Post
It depends on what region you live in. The cost of the power package in my region is $1785 which is an extra $30 a month.

a1 also sells the part you need for the hatch. Here is the link:

http://www.a1electric.com/Merchant2/...Category_Code=
You have the sedan, I drive a 2dr hatch. Probably explains the price diff..
auxmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 07:34 PM   #13
b_hickman11
 
Drives: 08 Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Tyler, TX
Posts: 899
Quote:
Originally Posted by auxmike View Post
You have the sedan, I drive a 2dr hatch. Probably explains the price diff..
For the 2009 in my region there is only a $100 difference between the LB and Sedan power packages.
b_hickman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 11:36 AM   #14
Pitt Yaris
 
Drives: Flint Mica Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 475
i wanna install power locks....but where would you put the switch('s)?
Pitt Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 12:01 PM   #15
songa
 
Drives: 2009 Yaris Sedan (Black)
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: MA, USA
Posts: 139
hey pitt yaris, i believe you woul dhave to buy a new plastic molding for your door (im not sur ewhat its relaly called) that will have the bay open for your power lock switch. otherwise, you would have to home make something by cutting out a hole in your existing molding i guess. what i plan on doing is just having it so when you lock the door switch on the driver side door, all the locks lock together, and vice versa when you unlock.
songa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 12:04 PM   #16
Pitt Yaris
 
Drives: Flint Mica Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 475
i have a 2008.....it has the 2 vacant bays. was just looking at factory ones and saw theirs is on the door. i know the one under the left cup holder is for power mirrors.
Pitt Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 02:45 PM   #17
songa
 
Drives: 2009 Yaris Sedan (Black)
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: MA, USA
Posts: 139
ohh ok thanks. and yes i believe the power lock switches and also the power window switches are located on the door, so you would need to get a completely new part for your door that has those additional bays.

are the 2 vacant bays you are talking about, the ones right underneath the e-brake? i have 2 vacant bays there so im guessing you do too. do you know if one of those are typically used for a fog light switch? what could the other one be used for?
songa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 08:50 PM   #18
b_hickman11
 
Drives: 08 Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Tyler, TX
Posts: 899
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Yaris View Post
i wanna install power locks....but where would you put the switch('s)?

You don't need switches for the a1eletric kits. Your original door lock mechanism acts as the switch. I can lock or unlock all the doors by pushing the nob on the driver's door.
b_hickman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
When will the Yaris hit the showrooms at dealers? Petrolhead New YARIS Purchase Forum 181 11-28-2011 07:03 AM
Questions and advice required about power upgrading(windows & locks) W.A.S.P DIY / Maintenance / Service 10 07-22-2009 02:59 AM
Possible to only install the power mirrors? WolfWings DIY / Maintenance / Service 0 09-25-2007 11:04 PM
Question about Yaris power locks. OtownYaris General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 3 05-14-2007 09:48 PM
power locks and alarm install acrbill In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) 1 12-01-2006 12:17 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:17 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.