Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-25-2006, 11:10 AM   #1
Yaris-TJ

Drives: Yaris Sedan ST Barcelona Red
HID Kit XENON Brand

Hi guys..I'm plannig to get a set of HID...but I don't know much about the brands offered online..I've seen severals BOLTZ.HELLA, etc..any good recomendation? I would go too cheap..200-300 USD will make it ebay...??
Yaris-TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 11:32 AM   #2
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Talk to Chris07LB here on the boards. He has the hook up on an EagleEyes kit for a really good price.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 12:41 PM   #3
Yaris-TJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles
Talk to Chris07LB here on the boards. He has the hook up on an EagleEyes kit for a really good price.
I think I'll go with BOLTZ...it's japan made, it's offered close to $400 in some online stores...but on ebay it's 179 +30 ...
boltz.jpg
Old 10-25-2006, 12:45 PM   #4
Lafiro

Drives: 06 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to Lafiro
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaris-TJ
I think I'll go with BOLTZ...it's japan made, it's offered close to $400 in some online stores...but on ebay it's 179 +30 ...
Attachment 2003
ok then enjoy it..
Lafiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 12:49 PM   #5
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Whatever makes YOUUUU happy... just next time don't come asking a question if you've already answered it for yourself.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 03:06 PM   #6
bigsky2
Cousin Vitz

Drives: Yaris RS 5DR / Vitz RS wannabe
There's a lot of HID kits manufactured these days.
And I mean a LOT...

China and Taiwan manufactures a lot of the more popular (cheaper) brands you see, like EagleEye, SmartEye, HAWKs, VelocityGetter, etc..

There are Korean made ones, as well as Japan made ones.

HELLA and PHILIPS are the premier names in HID kits, as the OEM for several car companies. Some of their components are also made in China, but probably under much more QC/QA strict conditions that other manufacturers.

Find a kit that has waterproof ballasts, ignitors integrated into the ballasts, and at least 1 yr warranty. I find some of the more aggressive manufacturers and distributors now offer 2 year warranty on the kits (bulbs 1 yr only).

Contact Chris07LB - he's got a nice kit for sale.
Old 10-25-2006, 03:07 PM   #7
riceboy

Drives: icebox
bigsky2 - you get a kit put on yet?
riceboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 03:12 PM   #8
bigsky2
Cousin Vitz

Nope, I did not put a kit in yet.

I just jumped on the exhaust band wagon and bought one of the TRD Japan exhausts so I'm finished with my mod purchase for the month of October

I have a contact locally who is offering a Dual Beam Hi/Lo kit for a killer price, and with a 2 year warranty (on the ballasts and other components, bulbs excluded). Only problem is the bulb colour, with is 8000K I believe. You probably remember this conversation with me..

Bottom line, no kit yet.
Still debating.. I could get the 8000K, purchase a set of 6000K bulbs and just switch them if I'm unhappy with the 8000K colour.
Old 10-25-2006, 03:31 PM   #9
GabL
I want JDM bumpers!

Drives: 5 Dr Yaris RS in Blazing Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsky2
Bottom line, no kit yet.
Still debating.. I could get the 8000K, purchase a set of 6000K bulbs and just switch them if I'm unhappy with the 8000K colour.
I think I won't go with anything higher than 6000K, don't really like the blueish/purpleish color, all I want is white and bright. :)

I was told by a store that they can do it for $400 installed in Toronto. Still trying to see what brand to put on and where to put them on.

So what did you have on your car, bigsky2? I saw your car's picture and thought that's HID! hahahaha
GabL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 03:38 PM   #10
JRT lighting

Drives: Yaris
Best Value HID Kits

You guys can ask for me, I am selling HID kits here. Our kits are excellent quality and low price. you choose any bulb size and color.....try to see my post in sponsor classfield
JRT lighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 03:59 PM   #11
Yaris-TJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearautopart
You guys can ask for me, I am selling HID kits here. Our kits are excellent quality and low price. you choose any bulb size and color.....try to see my post in sponsor classfield
PM Sent!
Old 10-25-2006, 04:15 PM   #12
bigsky2
Cousin Vitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabL
I think I won't go with anything higher than 6000K, don't really like the blueish/purpleish color, all I want is white and bright. :)

I was told by a store that they can do it for $400 installed in Toronto. Still trying to see what brand to put on and where to put them on.

So what did you have on your car, bigsky2? I saw your car's picture and thought that's HID! hahahaha
Same here, I do not want 8000K.
I might just buy the kit and get 6000K bulbs separately.

$400 is not a bad price installed. If you are willing to do it yourself, I may have a deal for you - PM me.

I have bulbs in my car
Old 10-25-2006, 04:26 PM   #13
bigsky2
Cousin Vitz

Chris get your ass in on this thread to sell your EagleEye kits!!
Old 10-25-2006, 06:37 PM   #14
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris Liftback
Oh im here.

Kits have been selling themselves, and the people that look for quality over price alone, are getting a very good kit that WILL LAST.

As for some of the "cheaper" re-named kits being posted up here lately, I have already witnessed cases of the same product pulled because of cheap quality and zero backing after the sale.

Its not hard to become a dist. for some of these companys now-a-days with their low buy in's, but when its only costing you $100-120 a kit, its easy to keep the price down and move a few.

Lets see as time goes on, where these companys will be when its time to exchange blown bulbs, and faulty ballasts.
Chris07LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 06:27 PM   #15
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris Liftback
As an FYI for those still on the fence, or unsure about the whole "HID thing.." When ordering a high/low kit, be sure to stick with a bulb where the is NO small halogen used as the high beam. As you know halogens at one point will burn out and need replacing. "Some" high/low kits require an entirely new HID/Halogen high assy., to be replaced if it blows out. Other's will make the provision to just replace the halogen bulb.

This is what you want! (see picture.. H4 high/low)
This is a Eagleye High/Low that works like the HID equipted Toyota Prius. Its one assy., and when high's are turned on, the bulb actually snaps back to change the light pattern. Nothing to ever fail, burn out, or need to replace.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg REALeagleEYE.jpg (16.3 KB, 166 views)
Chris07LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 06:32 PM   #16
Yaris-TJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris07LB
As an FYI for those still on the fence, or unsure about the whole "HID thing.." When ordering a high/low kit, be sure to stick with a bulb where the is NO small halogen used as the high beam. As you know halogens at one point will burn out and need replacing. "Some" high/low kits require an entirely new HID/Halogen high assy., to be replaced if it blows out. Other's will make the provision to just replace the halogen bulb.

This is what you want! (see picture.. H4 high/low)
This is a Eagleye High/Low that works like the HID equipted Toyota Prius. Its one assy., and when high's are turned on, the bulb actually snaps back to change the light pattern. Nothing to ever fail, burn out, or need to replace.
good point..
Bearautoparts...
Do the Klight H4 -Hi/low come in one assy...both beams being Xenon...?

BTW..PM just sent
Old 10-27-2006, 01:12 AM   #17
eco

Drives: 2007 Black Yaris sedan
Ya Im going with the Eagleye,Chris havnt tried to call your friend yet,but do you know off hand if he takes visa,or only paypal.
eco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 07:40 AM   #18
slvryaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan S
Disregard the PM Chris, but you can post the answer on here for everyone to see. It is just plug and play with the factory housing or does anyting special need to be done??
slvryaris is offline   Reply With Quote