Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Fuel Economy Forum
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-07-2009, 10:02 AM   #13
aclark246
50 MPG or BUST!

Drives: 2007 Black Yaris Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by supmet View Post
Using neutral while moving isn't bad for the engine or transmission, just illegal in most states.
I'm a rebel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPC Motorsports View Post
I totally enjoy wringing all the performance and handling out of my Yaris while getting in excess of 30 mpg. Yaris FTW!!!
Even though I love hypermiling, what you do is exactly why I bought the car! I love the fact that if you want to have a different kind of fun, (I see hypermiling as fun too,) or if you are just late for whatever reason, you don't have to worry about getting bad fuel economy.

I know this will sound blasphemous to a lot of hypermilers, but once I break 50mpg I think I will take a one tank break and enjoy the other beautiful aspect of the Yaris that you pointed out. I think I deserve it after a year of greuling discipline, and I think my Yairs deserves to live up to both sides of her potential. I know people who drive their yaris at 80 mph regularly and pull off 38 mpg easily- who else can do that?! These cars are amazing for hypermiling performance fun and for traditional performance fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna View Post
Congrats! I'm still trying to achieve 50mpg with my carpooling.
Thanks
You and all the other carpoolers are the ones who deserve the congratulations though. Not only are you taking cars off the road, effectively doubling, tripling, or possibly quadrupling your combined gas mileage, but you yourself are still pulling off amazing numbers with the added weight. I'd like to see the numbers you guys could pull off solo on my commute.