Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-28-2008, 05:05 PM   #19
IsLNdbOi

Drives: Polar White - 5 Door '09 LB
Same question here. I'll be adding this amp. soon:
Pioneer GM-D7400M - mono amplifier
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-aJtHmMD...GM-D7400M.html

It's 200WRMS w/ peak 800W. They say that at 2-ohms its 400W (not sure if that's RMS or peak).

I'll be using this sub.:
Pioneer TS-SW2541D - 10", 4-ohm, shallow subwoofer
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-Y95dsPv...x?I=130TSS2541

It's 50-250W RMS and peak 1000W.

I never max out the volume of my HU. During the loudest driving (on the highway), I usually turn the stock HU up to 20-22 volume.

When I get back onto the surface streets, I turn it down.
IsLNdbOi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 10:06 PM   #20
FcukThis

Drives: yaris
All of the above was cited from an Audio engineer with 25 years of experience... also just from the knowledge i've from diyma..ca forums --- whats there not to love...
I'm not saying caps dont work. I'm saying there are definitely alternatives in terms of audio.
imo i would rather turn your money towards big 3 and Battery upgrade. if anything more, grab a bc 400 and call it a day :D. By all means if you want a cap go for it. just yank a generic one rated over 16v 1f ;; they sure add some points to the install.
this isn't what the thread was about anyways. sorry for jackin'

Arch. it looks like i'm the one :D.
FcukThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 11:22 PM   #21
battleversiontc

Drives: 08 vip yaris
caps take strain of the alt by providing power up close to the amp under hard energy depletion there for. they do cure dimming of the lights and now you have two sources of power one far away and up close the response is that it does help to a given point in small systems under 2000 watts but another alternative is a higher output amp and a upgraded battery (optima, kinetik etc). caps are designed to store energy until a given point when need to supply the power quickly and cleanly if caps werent needed and didnt work then they wouldnt have designed it. since there would be no use for it. but the fact is anything that is above 500watts max you exceeded the limit the factory alt can handle there forwill cause a strain on the electrical which in turns dims lights hurts performance of car and etc. but by installing a cap inline it doesnt dip into the battery as often since now the energy is right there so there for taking a strain of your alt to having to keep charging the battery.
mecp masters certified
battleversiontc is offline   Reply With Quote