Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-30-2009, 07:26 PM   #19
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

Drives: Audi
Send a message via AIM to Nexus1155
You're kind of confusing me lol, do you have 4 wires you can tap into and 2 rcas coming out of it or 8 wires you can tap into and 2 rcas coming out. If it's 4 wires you only have either rears or fronts to tap into, i do not think you can cross signals like that on the same line that is why they make LOC with 4 wires and some with 8. Unless someone can back this statement up.

And what subwoofer and amplifier combo do you have. Telling us could be half the battle. I have a good amp and a POS subwoofer. it makes decent bass but i don't expect it to be a miracle worker.
Nexus1155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 06:28 AM   #20
sort_o_sane
Yaris GSR LOL

Drives: 07 Yaris Hatch
The LOC i have has a total of 8 inputs, 1 for each of the main cabin speakers. What i haven't been able to loo up yet is the original manual for the LOC. I cannot recall if the inputs for the front will only run back out through the outputs for the front channels. The only reason i would be try crossing signals is because of not knowing this. I might just take pics and show everyone.

My setup consists of a sony explode 1200 watt amp and 2 Alpine 12" type Es. All wire is quality and thicker gauge. All connections are tight, soldered where needed, and secured.

The original subs i had were dual BP MTX subs that were 4 ohm and i had them running in series, but thought i was bridging into 4 ohm when i was bridging 2, and blew those subs. Found the Type Es on a great holiday sale last Christmas.
I'm running parallel with the 2 subs in their own boxes.
Old 10-31-2009, 11:13 AM   #21
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

Drives: Audi
Send a message via AIM to Nexus1155
LOL just get a proper radio and all will be good. If you spent the money on an alright amp and subs might as well get a radio too other than the stock one.

Sounds like to me youre doing something goofy with the LOC and you dont have an amp that can support it. Whats the model # of the amp? Some amps come with built in LOC, i know mine did...
Nexus1155 is offline   Reply With Quote