Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Marketplace > Cars for Sale by private party
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 01:41 AM   #1
eric81

Drives: Toyota Salesman
Unhappy Getting rid of Yaris... lots of mods...

I am out of money, and out of choices. I have no more options in this. If anyone is interested in my car, please let me know. It is a 2008 3 door manual transmission base model with a cold weather package, power windows and locks, CD/MP3, A/C, 40/60 split rear seats, and lots of goodies. It has DF240's (2" drop), true CAI, Megan header, 3A Racing muffler, Silver Star bulbs, SunPro Super Tach II, NST SSK, shifter cable bushing replacements (stiffer shifts), brake and clutch pedal covers, new plugs (iridium), and even has the extended warranty. I will include the stock air intake, stock springs, and an extra set of bulbs with it. I owe $17,000 on it, and it's yours for that price. That's right, I won't make a penny off of it. It has just over 9,500 miles on it now, and is about to go in for it's second oil change. I have only used premium gas in it and synthetic oil, and it is VERY quick. If no offers within a week, I will post it in the local classifieds. Check my Garage for photos and complete list of mods. Thank you.
Old 11-29-2008, 03:14 AM   #2
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Bummer man, I'm sorry to hear that. Here's hoping for a quick sale, it's a great deal!

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 11-29-2008, 06:49 AM   #3
Mordarvia

Drives: 2009 Yaris Hatchback
Just out of curiosity what exactly is the cold weather package?
Old 11-29-2008, 01:47 PM   #4
Kal-El

Drives: 07 Yaris S Sedan 5-Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordarvia View Post
Just out of curiosity what exactly is the cold weather package?
Every Yaris sold in northern climates (like top 3rd of US and up) come with it (heavy duty heater, ect.).
Old 11-29-2008, 01:52 PM   #5
Kal-El

Drives: 07 Yaris S Sedan 5-Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric81 View Post
I am out of money, and out of choices. I have no more options in this. If anyone is interested in my car, please let me know. It is a 2008 3 door manual transmission base model with a cold weather package, power windows and locks, CD/MP3, A/C, 40/60 split rear seats, and lots of goodies. It has DF240's (2" drop), true CAI, Megan header, 3A Racing muffler, Silver Star bulbs, SunPro Super Tach II, NST SSK, shifter cable bushing replacements (stiffer shifts), brake and clutch pedal covers, new plugs (iridium), and even has the extended warranty. I will include the stock air intake, stock springs, and an extra set of bulbs with it. I owe $17,000 on it, and it's yours for that price. That's right, I won't make a penny off of it. It has just over 9,500 miles on it now, and is about to go in for it's second oil change. I have only used premium gas in it and synthetic oil, and it is VERY quick. If no offers within a week, I will post it in the local classifieds. Check my Garage for photos and complete list of mods. Thank you.
Not to get into your business but what happened? Did you spend all this money on mods and now can't afford the basic payments?
Old 11-29-2008, 05:36 PM   #6
gwasabi

Drives: 07 Blazing Blue LB
I'll give ya 50 bucks on the short shifter!
Old 11-30-2008, 12:16 PM   #7
eric81

Sorry, but the car comes with all the goodies on it, so the person who buys it gets everything I did. And no, the mods are fairly cheap when you do them yourself. (Stupid installation costs)

I ran out of money because I was between jobs about 3 times in the past 6 months. The army seems to be doing a great job of screwing me too. They messed up my pay pretty bad in July, and they recalled me to active duty about 3 weeks ago, then didn't actually activate me, so I was without a job for over 2 weeks. Not that it is anyones business, but that is what happened. I am also trying to do the best thing for my family, and that means selling my Yaris. Unfortunately, this is how things work sometimes. Gotta do the best thing for my family.

The cold weather package is the heavy duty starter, heavy duty heater, slightly nicer battery (more cold cranking amps), and has an under carriage coat on some of the parts to help prevent rust. There are a FEW other things, but nothing really important. I still have the original window sticker too. It says the car is worth over $14,400 (before mods and extra warranty). I guess I will post the car on eBay here today. And then I will put a sign in the window and park it somewhere highly visible.
Old 11-30-2008, 02:38 PM   #8
jambo101

Drives: yaris 08 sedan
How about a pic for enticement.
Old 11-30-2008, 02:46 PM   #9
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
look at his garage
Old 11-30-2008, 04:07 PM   #10
dybbuk

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB
Brutal to hear man. Even worse since your employer is the ARMY, I can't get over all the horror stories I hear of them screwing soldiers around like this.
Old 11-30-2008, 09:45 PM   #11
Bob_VT

Drives: 08 Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric81 View Post
Sorry, but the car comes with all the goodies on it, so the person who buys it gets everything I did. And no, the mods are fairly cheap when you do them yourself. (Stupid installation costs)

I ran out of money because I was between jobs about 3 times in the past 6 months. The army seems to be doing a great job of screwing me too. They messed up my pay pretty bad in July, and they recalled me to active duty about 3 weeks ago, then didn't actually activate me, so I was without a job for over 2 weeks. Not that it is anyones business, but that is what happened. I am also trying to do the best thing for my family, and that means selling my Yaris. Unfortunately, this is how things work sometimes. Gotta do the best thing for my family.

The cold weather package is the heavy duty starter, heavy duty heater, slightly nicer battery (more cold cranking amps), and has an under carriage coat on some of the parts to help prevent rust. There are a FEW other things, but nothing really important. I still have the original window sticker too. It says the car is worth over $14,400 (before mods and extra warranty). I guess I will post the car on eBay here today. And then I will put a sign in the window and park it somewhere highly visible.
Get to a lawyer ASAP and look into the Servicemembers' Civil Relief Act (SCRA) Certificates .......... there are portions that may apply due to the relationship with the Army.

Come to the DARKSIDE..... We have candy
Old 12-01-2008, 12:35 AM   #12
eric81

Yeah... they would only lower interest to 6%, and since I haven't been deployed since last September, they wouldn't help with my CURRENT situation, only things that happen while depolyed. So, basically, it is all on me. I am caught between selling my stuff and trying to fight my way out, or going the bankruptsy/ consolidation route. Either way, the car has to go. So I am offering it up before I am forced to lose it to some company that is going to strip it back to stock and sell it at a fraction of it's worth then demand I pay the remainder. (I had a motorcycle repossesed once, it's not cool) They will auction it off for cash, and only get about 2 to 4 grand for it, if I am lucky, then stick me with the rest of the bill. I am trying to do the honorable thing and pay back what I owe on it. I am 27, and don't really have a need for credit any time soon (already own a home), so screw the stupid score. Credit is a cancer anyways. The average person owes between 10 and 20 grand to borroweres. Home owners owe between 25 and 75 grand on average, not including their home. (These are averages people, so don't fly off any handle). It is also said that the average family is only 2 weeks from bankruptsy.

All this being said, I am about to put the car in a parking lot, so if someone wants it or has questions, speak now before it disapears. Test drives welcome, if you are willing to make the drive. I am sure you will love it. I do, and so do all the people who have drove it (friends, mostly). If you want my number to talk voice to voice or face to face, please PM me.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:04 PM   #13
SpaceShot

Drives: 2008 Yaris 5 speed HB
eric81,

before paying for a local classified try the regional version of CraigsList
http://olympic.craigslist.org/
I had 3 inquiries the following day and cash deposit in 48 hours, on my prior ride. Anything fuel efficient or modded should go quick.
On the other hand, if you had a large V8 truck to sell, it could take awhile.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:41 PM   #14
eric81

Thanks for the help. I will deffinately post there as well. The sale signs need to be filled out and the car parked somewhere. I am thinking near Best Buy, or near Les Schwab Tires. There is also Wal-Mart, but I am afraid of my car there. I also need to get permission from someone, so it may take awhile to park it somewhere. For now, I will just have to rely on Craigs list.
Old 12-02-2008, 05:01 PM   #15
Split

Drives: 2008 Yaris Sedan
so wait, sticker is 14,400$, and you're asking $17,000 ?
Old 12-03-2008, 12:27 AM   #16
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Quote:
I owe $17,000 on it, and it's yours for that price.
Quote:
I still have the original window sticker too. It says the car is worth over $14,400
Quote:
(before mods and extra warranty).
Looks to be maybe $1k in mods. Could the warranty be the difference?
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:39 AM   #17
eric81

Most of the difference, but the sticker also says 34 MPG highway, and I get about 40 average. That's more than the Prius, and it's a Hybrid. It is also VERY well kept inside. It is worth it. It also has low miles on it. About 10K in the first year. I am at 9,620 at the moment, and I am taking it in for an oil change very soon. I don't drive it anymore. I got a work van from DirecTV, and the wifes xB only has 6,000 miles on it, same year.
Old 12-03-2008, 01:52 AM   #18
Split

Drives: 2008 Yaris Sedan
so you got a magic yaris that gets better fuel economy and that's why you're asking extra? I'm going to try this strategy when it comes to selling next year!
Closed Thread