Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > California
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-15-2010, 02:01 PM   #109
ddongbap
Banned

Drives: yw calls me douche and racist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eii View Post
lol i knew what i was doing was shady as hell, but i wanted to know who it was haha. i was hoping you had kept going down front side so i could chase after you.
I had to pee. So thats why we stopped. haha
ddongbap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 03:51 AM   #110
yarisitis

Drives: 2008 Yaris LB
Meteorite Metallic Yaris with spoiler and some kind of after market rear bumper (saw you from behind) making a right on Van Nuys Blvd. from Woodman Ave around 8pm.
yarisitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 02:14 AM   #111
eii
Rides canyon walls

Drives: 1988 RX7 FC 10th AE
met yarisdarkness' cousin at my work. drives a clean lb.

OEM Style Wing Spoiler | TRD Axle-Back Exhaust | Megan Lowering Springs (1.5 f/r) | Simota Carbon Charger Intake | Python 871XP Alarm System | Aluminum Sports Pedal | 17x7 +42mm Enkei J10 Black w/ Silver Lip | 205/40 Falken Ziex-912 | NST Lite Crank Pulley Red | 1ZZ-FE Throttle Body | AMK Racing Header
eii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 03:21 AM   #112
Dadombomb15

Drives: 1996 Miata
don't know the technical name for the color, but dark metallic gray sedan parked in the Cal State Monterey Bay parking lot every day, looks like TRD muffler. Still haven't met the driver yet
Performance: Corksport "Drift" Cat-Back Exhaust, Hard Dog Ace Double Diagonal Roll Bar
Future (planned) mods: Intake, bumper turning light "induction" kit, better aftermarket wheels (lighter), light flywheel, upgraded clutch, racing seats, etc etc.

Last edited by Dadombomb15; 04-23-2010 at 08:54 PM.
Dadombomb15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 04:19 AM   #113
jethrojallas

Drives: 2009 3dr yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBack View Post
09'-'10 Carmine Red LB with 17" black rims with polished (but partially dark red) in Azusa Costco parking lot at 3:30. No front license plate. YW card placed on driver's window.
thats my car and yes i do work there lol i worked in the tire shop but now just pull carts

oh and the rims are 18s
its also got 2 10 inch subs bumping in the back next up is gonna lower it

what kinda springs do u recommend
jethrojallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 04:52 AM   #114
SilverBack
Joey

Drives: '14 Scion xD 5-speed
Send a message via AIM to SilverBack
^Alright.., looks like I found one lol.

Since you're running 18's with wider tires, I would go with TRD springs (assuming you don't plan on upgrading the shocks). DF's would be too low and too soft so you're likely to feel tire-rubbing over every little speed bump and corner. Plus they aren't covered by your dealer's one-year base warranty, and people here with DF's have complained that the rear starts to sag after one year.

A forum post should be like a skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep things interesting.

"I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem." -Hank Hill
SilverBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 05:05 AM   #115
jethrojallas

thanks silverback i was looking into the dfs but my stepdad has 17s and some trds and it sits a tad bit high in the back but i was thinking since i got 18s it would make it look nice and clean with the trds plus it would get rid of the really awkward height my car is at right now also since ur in el monte

do you know of any shops around that would install for less than 300 cause thats the lowest i could find i kinda feel its a bit ridiculous of a price for an install
Old 04-07-2010, 05:23 AM   #116
SilverBack
Joey

$300 just for a spring-job? What, they're gonna cook you dinner too? lol

I paid $120 to have my Progress springs installed by my tire guy in town. PM'd you the address.

A forum post should be like a skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep things interesting.

Old 04-15-2010, 03:32 AM   #117
eii
Rides canyon walls

Drives: 1988 RX7 FC 10th AE
saw white lb with rims and hids on south and norwalk. i was in the blue evo.

OEM Style Wing Spoiler | TRD Axle-Back Exhaust | Megan Lowering Springs (1.5 f/r) | Simota Carbon Charger Intake | Python 871XP Alarm System | Aluminum Sports Pedal | 17x7 +42mm Enkei J10 Black w/ Silver Lip | 205/40 Falken Ziex-912 | NST Lite Crank Pulley Red | 1ZZ-FE Throttle Body | AMK Racing Header

Last edited by eii; 04-15-2010 at 09:13 PM.
eii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 06:23 PM   #118
jethrojallas

blazing blue metallic black rims 17s or maybe 18s lowered blacked out emblems dark tint looked like blue steering wheel cover off of foothill in glendora
Old 04-23-2010, 06:30 PM   #119
SilverBack
Joey

^How'd the spring job go?

Old 04-24-2010, 03:26 AM   #120
jethrojallas

i got em installed today and the car looks great
the owner of the shop was the nicest guy in the world i asked him if he had any center caps and he joking laughed and said no we dont sell those here and i thought he was serious (guess i cant get sarcasm sometimes) but he came up to me later and asked what kind of wheels they were and i told him they are xxr's and he said yea i thought they were and he was like we get those center caps all the time i can go pick some up for u so i said sure i asked how much and he said oh we get em for free ill just give em to u honestly i dont think ive met any other shop owner who was so nice i accidentally called him frank lol even though his names kevin but yea super nice guy and very fast workers in the shop
Old 04-24-2010, 11:51 AM   #121
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Quote:
I paid $120 to have my Progress springs installed by my tire guy in town.
You recommended TRD but bought Progress? Progress is a way better choice and saves money.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 02:25 PM   #122
SilverBack
Joey

^True, but I've seen his car in person. His sits high and already looks like it has almost a little bit of wheel tuck while cornering because it's on 18's on 215 tires. Progress is so low that it would make him rub like crazy. Rubbing would be less frequent on TRD's, but only because it's a softer spring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethrojallas View Post
i got em installed today and the car looks great
the owner of the shop was the nicest guy in the world i asked him if he had any center caps and he joking laughed and said no we dont sell those here and i thought he was serious (guess i cant get sarcasm sometimes) but he came up to me later and asked what kind of wheels they were and i told him they are xxr's and he said yea i thought they were and he was like we get those center caps all the time i can go pick some up for u so i said sure i asked how much and he said oh we get em for free ill just give em to u honestly i dont think ive met any other shop owner who was so nice i accidentally called him frank lol even though his names kevin but yea super nice guy and very fast workers in the shop
Yeah Kevin is really nice guy. He hooks me up and even lets me bag on him lol. And I knew I sent you to the right place because they're experts when it comes to XXR wheels (you probably saw the rack of colorful 513's in the showroom). Glad they took care of you . Post new pics!

Old 04-26-2010, 08:02 PM   #123
shaneeezy
<3

Drives: '08 Polar White Yaris S
Send a message via AIM to shaneeezy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddongbap View Post
Saw a white 4d. Yellow fogs. MICROIMAGE sticker.

405 south, around, 5ish? Maybe 6.

I had the black LB lowered.
Oh oh! That was me, hahaha! :) Sorry, I found this kinda late.
shaneeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:19 PM   #124
AdeJong 03
"Stealth Runner"

Drives: 2009 Yaris-S Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBack View Post
^True, but I've seen his car in person. His sits high and already looks like it has almost a little bit of wheel tuck while cornering because it's on 18's on 215 tires. Progress is so low that it would make him rub like crazy. Rubbing would be less frequent on TRD's, but only because it's a softer spring.
wouldnt softer springs rub more..?

a week or 2 ago i saw a silver yaris sedan with a drop, wheels and a micro image decal- on the 210 east near grand ave in glendora
AdeJong 03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 11:37 PM   #125
LA Yaris
Yaris323

Drives: 09 Sedan Yaris 06 Ford Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdeJong 03 View Post

a week or 2 ago i saw a silver yaris sedan with a drop, wheels and a micro image decal- on the 210 east near grand ave in glendora
That might have been me on the 210....
LA Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 12:41 AM   #126
SilverBack
Joey

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdeJong 03 View Post
Only over speed bumps and dips (and %*$&# LA potholes!!) at faster speeds. The higher ride height (compared to Progress) should compensate plenty otherwise. If he was on Progress he would be more prone to rubbing over every little dip, bump, and steering maneuver.

Oh yeah, and I saw a modded Yaris around here somewhere at some time today. Too tired to remember the details right now...

Tags
cerritos, red liftback