Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-23-2006, 12:15 PM   #1
friedbbq

Drives: none as of yet
according to vehix there is no hatches within 75 miles from me. =(

what the heccck is taking so long for dealerships to get a hatch up here in NJ?
friedbbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 12:45 PM   #2
fearturtle44

Drives: S Flint Mica
From my past experience with the Scion tC, I think some of it is due Toyota corporation. They get the buzz going about this "hot car" with TV ads, etc. but then only ship very few cars in the initial months. This way they create a "buzz" for the car. But I think the same thing happens with all the car manufactures.

But if you want an "older" new car like the Corolla or Accord, then you could get one today.

You can definitely build one and have it ordered but you are going to wait at least two months.

Kevin
fearturtle44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 12:55 PM   #3
friedbbq

that is so true because thats what happened to the toyota fj cruiser. a few weeks ago when i was about to make a dumb move on buying the car, most dealers had only fully loaded models going for 32k+..Now i am seeing them at all the dealerships starting at 26k for the base. im sure that in a few weeks you can get the real base model for 23k.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:47 PM   #4
Thirty-Nine
Small cars are a big deal

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Thirty-Nine
The sales guy I talked to at a local dealership said all the Yarii are pre-sold before they ever hit the lots. He said with all the advertising Toyota is doing, every other person coming to the dealership wants to see a Yaris, but they don't have any because they're all pre sold.
Thirty-Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 03:36 PM   #5
spacemanoeuvres
spase peepole

Drives: BLAZING BLUE Liftback 5 Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirty-Nine
The sales guy I talked to at a local dealership said all the Yarii are pre-sold before they ever hit the lots. He said with all the advertising Toyota is doing, every other person coming to the dealership wants to see a Yaris, but they don't have any because they're all pre sold.
That's been my experience.

I live in PA (10 mins outside central jersey) and called just about every dealer in the NE (including NY and DE) with out any luck.

I finally put a deposit on a Yaris on it's way from Japan.

I've yet to see a liftback in person but mine should be here next week; I'm so freakin' excited!!!
spacemanoeuvres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 04:52 PM   #6
friedbbq

you put down money and you havent even saw/drove the car yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacemanoeuvres
That's been my experience.

I live in PA (10 mins outside central jersey) and called just about every dealer in the NE (including NY and DE) with out any luck.

I finally put a deposit on a Yaris on it's way from Japan.

I've yet to see a liftback in person but mine should be here next week; I'm so freakin' excited!!!
Old 05-23-2006, 05:33 PM   #7
boxerboy

Drives: WRX ,Tacoma and Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by friedbbq
I did the same thing. I will say that I have owned at least one Toyota for the last 30 years. The yaris will be number 11. If it ever gets hear.
boxerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 05:37 PM   #8
iseraph7

Drives: HB
I drove about 150 miles to get mine, it was worth it!!!
iseraph7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 05:42 PM   #9
spacemanoeuvres
spase peepole

Drives: BLAZING BLUE Liftback 5 Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by friedbbq
You've got it champ!

I test drove a 4 door but have yet to lay eyes on a liftback.

I've enjoyed the hell out of my Paseo for the past 13 years (been driving it since I was 16!) and can't wait to get into this little bad'bwoy.

Should be here next Thursday
spacemanoeuvres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 11:06 PM   #10
JaiTomato

Drives: 07 sedan-flint mica, 96VFR750
I've had my sedan for two weeks now. I haven't seen another Yaris yet during my commute. (but I noticed tons and tons of Acura TL's)
This is my second Toyata btw. I had a Ford in between.
JaiTomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 12:48 AM   #11
pennystocks

Drives: 07 Civic Si Coupe(Black Pearl)
Kinda funny, you guys trying to get the yaris and all, i accidently got mine =D.

Went to toyota trying to ditch my aurora gas killer, lookin at like a 99 civic, it was sold, looked at a sentra, nah, accord, nah, finally he showed me a yaris on the show room, i told him i got no credit, get me financed, i'll take it.
I auctually never test drove it before i bought it. Was kinda in a rush tho, picked up the car before i had to go to work.

They had mine, sedan, power package, for 15k$, then 2 more, silver and something both for 14k, dont know if they were hatches or sedans.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/search...olor=&x=89&y=2
Try autotrader.com, they got lots by me =D
pennystocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 08:07 AM   #12
Thirty-Nine
Small cars are a big deal

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Thirty-Nine
I should mention this: I think only certain dealers participate with vehix.com. I know there are a couple of Yarii at the local dealers. However, vehix.com didn't list a single Wisconsin dealership having any Yarii. However, it did list Illinois dealers. Just a though.
Thirty-Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 09:03 AM   #13
friedbbq

do you have any pics of your car. i may buy the sedan. the package you have comes with the hubcaps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennystocks
Kinda funny, you guys trying to get the yaris and all, i accidently got mine =D.

Went to toyota trying to ditch my aurora gas killer, lookin at like a 99 civic, it was sold, looked at a sentra, nah, accord, nah, finally he showed me a yaris on the show room, i told him i got no credit, get me financed, i'll take it.
I auctually never test drove it before i bought it. Was kinda in a rush tho, picked up the car before i had to go to work.

They had mine, sedan, power package, for 15k$, then 2 more, silver and something both for 14k, dont know if they were hatches or sedans.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/search...olor=&x=89&y=2
Try autotrader.com, they got lots by me =D
Old 05-25-2006, 02:16 AM   #14
pennystocks

Yea, sadly hubcaps, looks better than most tho. I might take a couple of pics w/ my phone, crappy quality tho. I'll probaly take some this weekend, gettin my scangauge any day now, so i'm gonna send in some pics to scangauge.com. Hopfully i'll get it on the photos page :)

I'd say skip the S package if yer thinkin of it for the rims. For 2g's just wait a couple of months for some kits to come out for it then get some nice lookin rims for like 3-400 off tirerack.com. The hubcaps are 15" which is kinda decent size, you can get the rims and then just drop the stock tires on em and save some $$$
Old 05-25-2006, 07:40 AM   #15
jedi1701

Drives: Yaris 2 LB
I live in NY 30 miles from the PA line right off off route 84 and I went to my local middletown dealer in early may to look for the yaris, they did not have any but the salesmen told me he would let me know if they got any in. about 1 week went by and I went back to leave a deposit on a car I never drove ,they did not have ,and were not sure when they would. The sales person was very nice and told me it could take time, I said no problem. I gave him a short list of options, color Blue(one of the 2), 5 speed , anything else was OK.

Well 3 days later he called me and said he found me a red 5 speed 2 door LB , it was a basic , no power , I said I would take it and that day he got it. It's really all about luck and also what you are or are not willing to except. I wanted a blue one but when he found the red one I had to make a hard choice, get it or maybe wait for a while. I am happy I got it, it is still the only one I have seen on the roads around here and the color has grown on me. I really do love this little car.
jedi1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 12:59 PM   #16
pennystocks

Yea, i'v had mine for a month, only seen 2, a black one twice and a siver one. I think i saw a red one but it might have been a mazda3, wasnt paying attention :)