Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-21-2006, 10:15 PM   #1
Spades
The Hated One

Drives: 07 White Manual Sedan
Meguiars or Mothers?

so, i want to start a poll...do you use meguiars or mothers wax? do you use the liquid wax or do you use the old fashioned stuff in a can?

lets see a show of hands :)

to start if off...

I use mother's sealer wax for a base coat then finish it off with meguiars liquid glass shine wax, both in liquid form.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:44 PM   #2
static808
Engineer/Artist/House-Dad

Drives: 2006 Toyota Sienna XLE
mother's car wash (really good suds); meguiar's fine cut paint cleaner (once a year); meguiar's swirl remover 2.0 (when needed); meguiar's machine glaze (light abrasive polish); meguiar's polymer sealant (protective coat).

i wash the car every 3 weeks to a month. i detail the car every 3 months. use the fine cut cleaner once a year. use the swirl remover whenever swirls become apparent. one coat of polish every detail. 2-3 coats of sealant every detail. when i get lazy to wash, i use meguiar's quik detailer and quik wax (extends life of wax, which is usually less than 2 months, no matter HOW expensive it is). of course, all detailing is done with a porter cable 7424, with sonus or meguiar's foam pads. why do do this?? because i tend to keep cars for a very long time, and i am the type of person that is more impressed with a well-maintained and glossy 10 year old car than a shiny brand new car. it shows how well the owner actually takes care AND takes pride in his car...

--B
Old 12-22-2006, 12:02 AM   #3
bigsky2
Cousin Vitz

Drives: Yaris RS 5DR / Vitz RS wannabe
My choice: Meguiar's

Wash: Gold Class Wash
Wax: Gold Class Wax Liquid (or paste, either or)
Fine Scratch Remover: Scratch X

There's also a few other great products from Meguiar's for cleaning interior pieces like the dash and panels. I've not heard great things (or bad things) about the wheel cleaner, and the tire shine is nothing to write home about according to ChinoCharles.
Old 12-22-2006, 06:57 AM   #4
gabagooo

Drives: Yaris Hatchback
I recently switched to Mother's cleaning wax and the results have been very good, especially on my Mazda5. I just purchased Stoner's Trimshine product, but haven't tried it yet. I use Stoner's window cleaner with very good results. Do any of you apply Rain X to your windows?
Old 12-23-2006, 02:42 AM   #5
static808
Engineer/Artist/House-Dad

Drives: 2006 Toyota Sienna XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_hrs View Post
Zaino Z2 Pro Show Car Polish...

Hands down...

Cheers
yeah, i've heard very good things about zaino and klasse all-in-one products.

--B
Old 02-16-2007, 05:49 AM   #6
Razr
YRS WHOR

Drives: White 2007 Yaris E-Limited 5dr
Step 1: Meg's Mild detailing clay w/quick detailer

Step 2: Meg's Deep Crystal paint cleaner (machine applied)

Step 3: Meg's #7 Showcar glaze (2 applications in direct succession - hand applied)

Step 4: Meg's #21 Synthetic sealent (machine applied - leave for 10+ hours before taking off)

Step 5: (next day) After taking off the #21, I top the finish Meg's NXT Tech wax (machine applied).

Err, I vote Meguiars
Razr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 03:31 PM   #7
seymour201

Drives: 2007 Yaris
I use Rain-X its great when your going down the high way and you dont need your wipers get some funny looks from ppl too.
seymour201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 07:29 PM   #8
Nimble
Modification Condoner.

Drives: 2007 Black Sand Liftback
In your question, Meg's over Mother's easily. I prefer the big dogs though.

Pinncale
Poor Boy's
Optimum
ClearKote
Collinite

Tanabe DF, Debadged, stripped, Black emblems
Nimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 11:44 AM   #9
evolution921

Drives: 2007 Yaris 5 Door
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsky2 View Post
My choice: Meguiar's

Wash: Gold Class Wash
Wax: Gold Class Wax Liquid (or paste, either or)
Fine Scratch Remover: Scratch X

There's also a few other great products from Meguiar's for cleaning interior pieces like the dash and panels. I've not heard great things (or bad things) about the wheel cleaner, and the tire shine is nothing to write home about according to ChinoCharles.
Exactly what I use, plus Stoner Invisible Glass for my windows, Meguiar Clay bar, Meguiar NXT interior protector, Turtle Wax ICE spray for shine in between waxing & California duster for removing dust in between wash.
Meguiar wheel cleaner is not bad for removing brake dust, but I need to get a towel to wipe the dust off the wheels.
evolution921 is offline   Reply With Quote