Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-07-2010, 02:11 AM   #271
pimp my yaris
C'est la vie

Drives: 2009 2 door hatchback
Has anyone installed a 255lph fuel pump in the stock pick up assem.? It will obviously need some modification as the larger pump is about an inch longer. So how did U guys install your bomba de gasolina? And a picture would be worth a thousand words.
pimp my yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 10:44 PM   #272
pimp my yaris
C'est la vie

So I guess no one had any tips or sugestions, so I figured it out for myself. I installed my 255lph fuel pump and got it sealed with new larger sized O-rings into the factory [in tank fuel filter and regulator assem]. I took some pictures along the way. It worked well for about three miles. Unfortunatly I did not buy the name brand Walbro fuel pump. I think I got a Chinese nock off. As soon as it got warm the car would not go over 3K rpm. Then about a mile later it failed completely. I waited 10min and it started again and I barley made it home. Then I swaped back the the factory pump. I will need to order the Walbro pump soon.

I also put a TRD TURBO sticker and a cartoon turbo face sticker on the back for fun. That way when I kick some ass the looser will know why. I showed them to a Audi A8 today after a short stop light gruge match. I also continue to work on tuning with the AEM FIC.

I had a problem with idle quality and sometimes going lean at idle and dying out after driving on the highway for a long time. I watched my air fuel and noticed my factory O2S was very slow to switch when it was hot at idle. I think it may be fried. I disconnected the factory O2 connector and I was still very lean at idle. I then richened the AF with the FIC at lower RPM. Now that the car is in open loop all the time with the O2 dissconnected it is not trying to correct my adjustments. Now I idle at 13.5 to 14:1 AFR instead of 14.7 to 17:1. Of coarse this should be done with the FIC altering the factory O2 signal. But atleast for now she is runing like a dream. I also richened up the mixture under boost as well to around 11.5:1. It runs so much better in open loop and a little richer. And I also feel safer about getting on the gas. I still avoid the very high rpm until I get some larger injectors.
Did I mention how much fun this car is to drive now
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0790.jpg (149.8 KB, 399 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0791.jpg (124.4 KB, 391 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0793.jpg (135.2 KB, 386 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0795.jpg (100.5 KB, 391 views)
Old 10-10-2010, 10:46 PM   #273
pimp my yaris
C'est la vie

stickers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0788.jpg (85.7 KB, 269 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0821.jpg (94.5 KB, 269 views)
Old 10-11-2010, 12:41 AM   #274
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
so much for a sleeper...
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 12:48 AM   #275
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Quote:
So I guess no one had any tips or sugestions,
never saw the thread, but glad you got it worked out
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 12:54 AM   #276
sleey0

Drives: 2008 Yaris LB
I hope the better pump works for ya.

How much boost are you aiming for?
"And that goes for any of you, never get put down from someone who gets jealous of you; build it and prove them wrong. There will always be haters and naysayers but those are also the ones who's cars are worth less than my seats."

xbgod - 9/23/2010
sleey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 01:27 AM   #277
sleey0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PETERPOOP View Post
so much for a sleeper...
When I am done, mine is DEF gonna be a sleeper.

I don't even have a body kit on mine (maybe next summer) or aftermarket wheels - rolling on steelies!

lol

Sleeper = me
"And that goes for any of you, never get put down from someone who gets jealous of you; build it and prove them wrong. There will always be haters and naysayers but those are also the ones who's cars are worth less than my seats."

xbgod - 9/23/2010
Old 10-11-2010, 10:27 AM   #278
Focus_Sh1ft

Drives: 08 Yaris Turbo; 06 tC Turbo
Glad to see you got that worked out, I really didn't know what to tell you. So, you've decided to keep the car constantly in open loop? I dunno if you've checked my thread, but closed loop is definitely an issue... I was also wondering, since you pulled O2 sensor 2 when you had your exhaust done... Wasn't your car constantly in open loop anyway?
Focus_Sh1ft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 10:33 AM   #279
sleey0

^^

Yes, that is how one of garms buddies runs open loop constantly. But it come with the price of a constant CE light.

xbgod - 9/23/2010
Old 10-11-2010, 07:47 PM   #280
pimp my yaris
C'est la vie

[QUOTE=Focus_Sh1ft;521878]Glad to see you got that worked out, I really didn't know what to tell you. So, you've decided to keep the car constantly in open loop? I dunno if you've checked my thread, but closed loop is definitely an issue... I was also wondering, since you pulled O2 sensor 2 when you had your exhaust done... Wasn't your car constantly in open loop anyway?[/QUOTE

Removing the after cat. O2 wont put you in open loop. But dissconnecting the manafold O2 will. I was still idling lean and had a rough idle after dissconnecting the O2. I added 20% fuel during idle and whenever runing out of boost. Its runing so much smoother now and I feel safer. The correct way would be to modify the O2 with the FIC. This would keep the CEL off. But I have no converter anyway, so it would still be on. Im sure mileage will suffer, but i would rather keep rings and pistons cooler with a richer mixture.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:55 PM   #281
pimp my yaris
C'est la vie

I also had a problem with dying out at idle with a hot engine or when idling for a long time. Its all been taken care of now.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:53 PM   #282
sleey0

[QUOTE=pimp my yaris;522037]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focus_Sh1ft View Post
Glad to see you got that worked out, I really didn't know what to tell you. So, you've decided to keep the car constantly in open loop? I dunno if you've checked my thread, but closed loop is definitely an issue... I was also wondering, since you pulled O2 sensor 2 when you had your exhaust done... Wasn't your car constantly in open loop anyway?[/QUOTE

Removing the after cat. O2 wont put you in open loop. But dissconnecting the manafold O2 will. I was still idling lean and had a rough idle after dissconnecting the O2. I added 20% fuel during idle and whenever runing out of boost. Its runing so much smoother now and I feel safer. The correct way would be to modify the O2 with the FIC. This would keep the CEL off. But I have no converter anyway, so it would still be on. Im sure mileage will suffer, but i would rather keep rings and pistons cooler with a richer mixture.
Patience.

CTScott is gonna look at it in a few weeks. I bet anything he comes up with some type of workaround

AND a good idea is to start a donation fund for him. The dude has helped nearly everyone on this site lol.

I would def donate to thus project, IF CT wants to set it up.

xbgod - 9/23/2010
Old 10-12-2010, 07:48 PM   #283
pimp my yaris
C'est la vie

Found a good thread on a scion forum with pics of a step by step engine teardown for piston and rod replacement http://www.scikotics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46597

Just wanted to share
Old 10-12-2010, 09:06 PM   #284
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

Drives: Audi
Send a message via AIM to Nexus1155
There is already such a device, it is a narrowband simulator. You obviously need to have a wideband of your own to tune. But once you have the fuel tuned and the wideband still sees 11.* the narrowband simulator will tell the ECU that it is at 14.7 therefore not have the ECU going crazy.

Most in car widebands/managements have the ability to do such a thing. Check it out on most of the spec pages. I beleive both the FI/C the Uego and the emanage can do this, just alot of people never take advantage of it.

That and a MAF clamp, you should be running CEL free.
Nexus1155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 08:44 AM   #285
pimp my yaris
C'est la vie

I took some pics for the micro image calendar. I call this one, In Your Face! I wonder who's phone number is on my license plate?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCI0146.jpg (154.7 KB, 217 views)
Old 10-29-2010, 04:57 AM   #286
Dj WaRrIoR

Drives: Yaris Sedan 07
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimp my yaris View Post
Has anyone installed a 255lph fuel pump in the stock pick up assem.? It will obviously need some modification as the larger pump is about an inch longer. So how did U guys install your bomba de gasolina? And a picture would be worth a thousand words.
ok i went throught that experience.. i had a shop do this for me cuz wen i came to fuel i didnt want to blow up lolll.. what they did was easy.. the litterally shaved off the fuel filter to disconnect the stock regulator... after that they splited up the line goin to the engine.."T" ok so you have a 3 way splitter right on one end the walbro at the opposite end the line going to the canister leading to the engine.. and on the other side left the fuel regulator ..that did 188WHP @8psi for me with stock internals and returnless fuel system...
Dj WaRrIoR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 05:36 PM   #287
pimp my yaris
C'est la vie

I recently have noticed a small problem with my cheap turbo. When the car sits overnight and U first start it up in the morning. If I just let it idle and warm up for a while I will get some white smoke coming from my exhaust when the engine starts to warm up. If I rev it up I get a little cloud of smoke. Once I start driving the smoke is gone and no more problem. I have removed my downpipe and have noticed some oil leaking from the turbo into the exhaust when the car sits and gets cold. I have also checked my oil level regularly and never noticed any oil burning issue. Even making 800mile trip there was no oil loss.
So I think its only a drop or two that leaks into the exhaust every night. It just really pisses me off though. I have done everything to prevent this. My coolant lines are connected and I have a turbo timer.
I guess thats what U get for buying the cheap Chinese turbo. I hope it holds up through winter and mabe I will get a Garret next summer. Its 950$ compared to the 240$ I spent for my turbo.
I wonder if I had a converter, mabe that would eliminate the smoke?
Old 11-02-2010, 05:52 PM   #288
pimp my yaris
C'est la vie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj WaRrIoR View Post
ok i went throught that experience.. i had a shop do this for me cuz wen i came to fuel i didnt want to blow up lolll.. what they did was easy.. the litterally shaved off the fuel filter to disconnect the stock regulator... after that they splited up the line goin to the engine.."T" ok so you have a 3 way splitter right on one end the walbro at the opposite end the line going to the canister leading to the engine.. and on the other side left the fuel regulator ..that did 188WHP @8psi for me with stock internals and returnless fuel system...
Thanks for the tip. I didnt think of that.