Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 10:26 PM   #1
taKuto
rice rocket

Drives: 05 Echo
blacksandiegovitz, impulse buy! Get it installed this week with evan's help!
Old 01-28-2009, 12:46 AM   #2
blacksandiegovitz
Your mom goes to college

Drives: 08 Vitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by taKuto View Post
blacksandiegovitz, impulse buy! Get it installed this week with evan's help!
Um yeah, sorry Im not that baller.... Yet
I could knock this install out in the estimated time no worries if this kit is really a-z complete . Im a pretty good wrench and since I sold all my project cars(e30 track car, drag dsm, 450+hp daily 1g eclipse) I've really been fiending for boost/ a "big" install of some kind . All you guys are really tempting me to get this kit, STOP IT !
Old 01-27-2009, 11:01 PM   #3
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
do it
Old 01-27-2009, 11:03 PM   #4
cm07yaris

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Blazing Blue
Send a message via AIM to cm07yaris
I would soo impulse buy, but I just used mine for the year on a 52" flatscreen and Blu-Ray player...s#%t!
Old 01-28-2009, 12:27 AM   #5
taKuto
rice rocket

Drives: 05 Echo
return it! they'll get cheaper anyways, whereas the kit will probably not budge on the price for a while
Old 01-28-2009, 01:09 AM   #6
LtNoogie

Drives: '08 Bayou Blue LB AT
Boost is good. Next meet, we could take side by side pictures or your PE kit next to my Blitz kit. Might frustrate the turbo loving crowd, however.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:14 AM   #7
kou

Drives: 08 lb
if the price is the same in a couple of months i will get this.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:29 AM   #8
largeorangefont
Break'em off some.

Drives: 07 Yaris LB, 04 Cobra
If you need a test car to prove to these people that this supercharger works, let me know - I am in Irvine.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:28 PM   #9
Power Enterprise Evan

Drives: VIP Yaris
Send a message via AIM to Power Enterprise Evan
Quote:
Originally Posted by largeorangefont View Post
If you need a test car to prove to these people that this supercharger works, let me know - I am in Irvine.
Offer still stands!! come one guys!! lots of talk but no takers!!!

need someone doing
Old 01-28-2009, 12:58 PM   #10
PETERPOOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtNoogie View Post
Might frustrate the turbo loving crowd, however.
There is an update coming our way soon...
Old 01-28-2009, 10:44 AM   #11
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
I have no doubts that the supercharger works, these Rotrex units are pretty badass, like a perfect balance of turbo boost with blower responsiveness. It's just the experiences of the early adopters which put a damper on things, really. So yes, please, let's see what it can do now

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 01-28-2009, 01:31 PM   #12
PETERPOOP

I believe largeorangefont wants a free S/C.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:54 PM   #13
Chupacabra
Banned

Drives: 2009 Yaris liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by PETERPOOP View Post
Ha...ha. I believe you are right.

Nothing wrong with that....
Old 01-28-2009, 04:41 PM   #14
largeorangefont
Break'em off some.

Drives: 07 Yaris LB, 04 Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by PETERPOOP View Post
I'd take one if it was offered. The positive impact it would create is more than worth the price of a kit. The full write up and documentation I could provide I would probably sell at least 5 kits very quickly between the Yaris and Xa communities. Word of mouth and documented personal experience is the type of marketing needed for an expensive product like this geard toward the ultracompact segment.
Old 01-28-2009, 04:46 PM   #15
33OH

Drives: '08 Yaris
Quote:
I'd take one if it was offered, and the positive impact it woudl create woudl be more than worth the price of a kit. With the full write up and documentation I could provide I would wager they would sell at least 5 kits very quickly between the Yaris and Xa communities. Word of mouth and documented personal experience is the type of marketing needed for an expensive product like this geard toward the ultracompact segment.
+1. At the moment, if someone had this kit on their car successfully and for a period of time, I would buy it in a heartbeat. Tax return time.

Otherwise, I'm not risking my daily driver and $4,000 to be the guinea pig for a company who won't test their products.
Old 01-28-2009, 04:52 PM   #16
Power Enterprise Evan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryank View Post
+1. At the moment, if someone had this kit on their car successfully and for a period of time, I would buy it in a heartbeat. Tax return time.

Otherwise, I'm not risking my daily driver and $4,000 to be the guinea pig for a company who won't test their products.
Quote:
I'd take one if it was offered. The positive impact it would create is more than worth the price of a kit. The full write up and documentation I could provide I would probably sell at least 5 kits very quickly between the Yaris and Xa communities. Word of mouth and documented personal experience is the type of marketing needed for an expensive product like this geard toward the ultracompact segment.

I still do not understand why you guys keep insisting that this product has never been tested.... it has been in the Japan and European markets for well over a year....ya you can give me all the grief you want that its not tested here in the US. Well, no one is getting any free kits ONE, TWO if you are in Irvine (largeorangefont) and want the kit I can help you with the install....

Please stop complaining....if the kit is out of your budget please move on...thank you for looking...
Old 01-28-2009, 04:59 PM   #17
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Drives: black sand lb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Enterprise Evan View Post
I still do not understand why you guys keep insisting that this product has never been tested.... it has been in the Japan and European markets for well over a year....ya you can give me all the grief you want that its not tested here in the US. Well, no one is getting any free kits ONE, TWO if you are in Irvine (largeorangefont) and want the kit I can help you with the install....

Please stop complaining....if the kit is out of your budget please move on...thank you for looking...
You must see what people want here. If you don't understand it, I can't understand why you would sell it. Warrenty aside, the USDM yaris differs from others in some ways and what they are looking for is for you to say and show that this kit will pose no problem and be a direct bolt on kit. I have yet to see you make that statement. If I'm wrong, I'll go over the entire post in a minute here and check just to make sure.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:03 PM   #18
Power Enterprise Evan

not going to happen sorry....who is really serious on here and has the funds to back it up?
Closed Thread

Tags
boost, forced induction, supercharger, turbo