Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-21-2009, 06:54 PM   #1
severous01

Drives: 2008 yaris, stripped, red
those who have under-driven pullies

hey, i was wondering if you have any problems with the air conditioner or alternator...

i like my air conditioner the way it is now....cuz it blows cold after less than 5 min.

and i have no problems with dimming lights or charging issues.

any way, i was wondering if there are any 'prolonged exposure' problems with the underdriven pulleys. it was seriously suggested for just a lightweight pulley for my camaro....unless it was a track only car.
severous01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 07:00 PM   #2
1NZYaris1

Drives: Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by severous01 View Post
hey, i was wondering if you have any problems with the air conditioner or alternator...

i like my air conditioner the way it is now....cuz it blows cold after less than 5 min.

any way, i was wondering if there are any 'prolonged exposure' problems with the underdriven pulleys. it was seriously suggested for just a lightweight pulley for my camaro....unless it was a track only car.
dude i have been running the underdrive pullie since it came out , with no problems at all . My Scangauge tells me that under full load , with the head lights on , radio going , A/C on , Fan etc , the Alternator is putting out anywhere from 14.2 Volts too 14.4 volts depending on RPM.
i Would highly recomend this mod to anyone and everyone
1NZYaris1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 12:51 AM   #3
Gideon
★weeaboo★

Drives: 2008 Bayou LB
Had mine on for months, no problems with anything.

I don't use the A/C though. I've tried, but with the addition pick-up with the pulley, it's annoying to turn it on and have it feel like it did with the stock pulley.
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 02:11 AM   #4
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
You will not experience any problems with any other systems. 10% isn't enough to make a difference, but it does help make a little more power and increase responsiveness.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:58 AM   #5
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

Drives: 08 Liftback
Garm have you got your u-drive pullies back in stock?
Old 06-23-2009, 04:38 PM   #6
NonStopTuning

Drives: NST CARS: S13 AE86 ANT10 AW11
Quote:

The traditional Camaro, Mustang, etc. kits of the past offered by other companies often provided some drastic underdrive figures... 30% to 40% underdrive. This is obviously something that is probably not suitable for many street cars.

The NST Underdrive Crank Pulley only underdrives the accessories by about 10%. Not drastic enough to cause any accessory issues, but just enough to free up a noticeable amount of power, torque, and throttle response.

Hundreds of Yaris owners have been using NST pulleys with positive results since they were made available, and we continue to sell a good number of these as more people find out about their benefits.

More info and many customer reviews... http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4737

PS. I noticed that your location is SE Texas... NST is based out of Houston TX and we hold many local meets and events in the Houston area. Feel free to attend one of our events and take a look at our products in person.

NonStopTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 04:34 AM   #7
jkuchta

Drives: 2007 Yaris hatch (red)
I have a tiny little race battery in my DD, and the underdrive pulley isn't a problem at all....the AC is pretty cool too!
jkuchta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:56 AM   #8
justjesus

Drives: 2008 Liftback
I'm nearing 10k miles since adding my pulleys (complete set with 10% UD). No problems with the AC or charging. In fact, I drove out to El Mirage for a top speed run in the yaris, blowing the AC for most of the drive. Since it was warm out there, had the car running and the AC on almost the entire time I was there! End of the day, I pulled several top speed runs, ran the AC like 90% of the time, drove on the frwy at about 75 MPH, AND STILLLLL managed to get about 34 MPG.
I'm still collecting data for my overall MPG with the pulleys on vs off
justjesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:24 PM   #9
NonStopTuning

I'm glad to hear about your positive experiences guys.

Please do us a favor and record your reviews, present and future, with us in the following thread as well...
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4737

Thanks everyone!

Old 06-24-2009, 07:21 PM   #10
severous01

Drives: 2008 yaris, stripped, red
aight....you all convinced me. i'll be ordering when i get my $$ , hopefully really soon. i'll be getting all the available pullies.
severous01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 01:05 AM   #11
NonStopTuning

Quote:
aight....you all convinced me. i'll be ordering when i get my $$ , hopefully really soon. i'll be getting all the available pullies.
We'll be here when you're ready