Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-07-2009, 07:29 PM   #1
Blue_dragon_192

Drives: 2009 Yaris 4dr Sedan
Two Toyota's in the driveway

Here are pics of my new 2009 BSP Yaris sedan, along with my wifes 2008 BCM xB.

Blue_dragon_192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 07:43 PM   #2
HTM Yaris
resident senior

Drives: 07 Yaris
Damn , even the driveway is shiny . Just like the movies . Nice

Oh and there appears to be something loose under the Xb
Old 03-07-2009, 08:39 PM   #3
bnther36

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan
Congratulations on your new ride

I've got pretty much the same car with 37K miles on it. It really is a great car. I used to get a little grief on it because of the 'ricer' thing, but that pretty much stopped last summer when gas prices were so high. The guys were getting 14mpg with their pickups while I was getting 47mpg. It's even more hilarious now that GM is going bankrupt with their stocks at $1.45 a share while Toyota stocks are $58.25. That whole 'I'll only buy American' just doesn't have the punch that it used to.
bnther36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 09:09 PM   #4
Blue_dragon_192

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTM Yaris View Post
Damn , even the driveway is shiny . Just like the movies . Nice

Oh and there appears to be something loose under the Xb
The loose item is the "mudguard" under the frame. I pulled into a parking spot and backed out and that broke. I have not crawled under to take it off and get a replacement part.
Old 03-07-2009, 09:15 PM   #5
Blue_dragon_192

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnther36 View Post
Congratulations on your new ride

I've got pretty much the same car with 37K miles on it. It really is a great car. I used to get a little grief on it because of the 'ricer' thing, but that pretty much stopped last summer when gas prices were so high. The guys were getting 14mpg with their pickups while I was getting 47mpg. It's even more hilarious now that GM is going bankrupt with their stocks at $1.45 a share while Toyota stocks are $58.25. That whole 'I'll only buy American' just doesn't have the punch that it used to.
The sedan is not an issue with the "ricer" group here in florida.
I love the xB and wanted another one, but since I put 300 plus miles a week on my car, I opted for the good gas mileage. I am glad that I now have A/C since summer is coming and my old car did not have A/C.

I am going to "tweak" this car like I did my wife's xB, with LED's inside (Red).

I am going to get a aftermarket radio with sat and IPod attachments later on.

The one thing my wife keeps saying, even though this is base model, is that she likes the feel of this car and the xB. She says that there is a lot of quality in the car regardless of the $$$ of the car.....