Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-31-2007, 10:01 AM   #1
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Send a message via ICQ to Jem_hadar
Question Seat Covers...?

OK, couldnt find a topic on this exactly from what I could see.

I'm wondering if seat covers add (or can add) to the comfortability of your ride? (p.s. YES i made up that word lol)

On longer trips (well, not long, 2 hours-ish, when I drive to Toronto from Collingwood), I find I can get kinda uncomfortable in my Yaris, very fidgety... something I've not noticed in my other vehicles I've driven on longer (non-short) trips...

If I were to buy some good seat covers, would they add to the comfort of my seating experience when in my Yaris?

Or are they only ever used to make your interior look sharper, sportier and to preserve the seats themselves???

Thanks for any feedback here guys.

And also, any links to where I could find some seat covers would be great as well... if I do go this route, I'm feeling blue (got a bayou blue Yaris). Does TRD make seat covers?

/noob question
Old 08-31-2007, 01:32 PM   #2
aca72

Drives: '07 Yaris S Sedan M5
The way I see it, seat covers' purpose is to "protect" the orginal fabric of the seats from dirt and spills. Second, it "enhances" the appearance the interior of the vehicle. In other types of seat covers, it gives a feeling of "comfortability". Other than that, it's another dead weight.

Check Yaris seat covers on eBay.

BTW, any faux lamb wool seat covers are lame.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:36 PM   #3
Astroman
Modded Moderator

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris, 71 Galaxie
Just remember if you have the side curtain airbags you can't (well, shouldn't) put seatcovers on.
Astroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 02:20 PM   #4
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
Just remember if you have the side curtain airbags you can't (well, shouldn't) put seatcovers on.
Don't... (werent even available on the 07 Canadian 4 door hatches )
Old 08-31-2007, 03:26 PM   #5
sherryberry

Drives: 07 Blazing Blue Yaris
Send a message via AIM to sherryberry Send a message via MSN to sherryberry Send a message via Yahoo to sherryberry
like someone said, it's to protect the seat and make it look pretty.. it doesn't really make it anymore comfortable. I personally cannot see how a thin piece of material can make it any more comfortable. I'd just get one cuz it's cute to me

-Said by me during a game of Cranium.
sherryberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 04:47 PM   #6
jdium
Mr Attitude

Drives: Blazing Blue 5 Spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
Good point, I didn't realize this until after I purchased covers for mine, so I took them back. This winter, if I get bored enough, I'm going to purchase a cheap set and try to modify them to work safely. Either going to cut out a patch or try something with light velcro...
Old 09-01-2007, 11:46 AM   #7
frametek
I've made a post!

Drives: Sedan
I had my seat covers made at Coverking. They are made of neoprene. You can buy them from Costco.com or direct. The price was right. They added a cushion that really makes a difference in my comfort. They didn't have the pattern for my car when I bought it so I contacted them via e-mail & they used my car for the back seat pattern & even installed them for me. They have side air bag types for those with that option. I've had them for a year & they look as good as the day I got them. Everyone thinks they are custom. Just a thought........

p.s.I don't sell for Coverking, I'm just a phone co tech.
frametek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 12:24 PM   #8
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
How about those knobbly wood/bamboo covers? They may look kinda crap, but they do help with aeration, and kinda massage you when you move around...

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 10:51 AM   #9
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH

Quote:
Originally Posted by frametek View Post
I had my seat covers made at Coverking. They are made of neoprene. You can buy them from Costco.com or direct. The price was right. They added a cushion that really makes a difference in my comfort. They didn't have the pattern for my car when I bought it so I contacted them via e-mail & they used my car for the back seat pattern & even installed them for me. They have side air bag types for those with that option. I've had them for a year & they look as good as the day I got them. Everyone thinks they are custom. Just a thought........

p.s.I don't sell for Coverking, I'm just a phone co tech.
thx for that post... ill try to check them out i think.
Old 09-22-2007, 02:57 AM   #10
vacantj

Drives: Yaris 4Dr sedan
I been looking at these - not sure if they will add the comfort that you are looking for...

http://www.gtcovers.com
vacantj is offline   Reply With Quote