Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-07-2009, 03:48 PM   #1
asulkan

Drives: yaris
Passenger weight sensor problem!

Ive recently bought a Yaris and ive noticed every time i put something on my passenger seat the alarm comes on for the seatbelt to be buckeled up. I took matters into my own hands and cut the wire that is connected to the seat. The car subsequently will not start now even after ive reconnected the wires.
I have tried to reset the computer by disconnecting the battery, checked all the fuezes and nothing seems to work.

If anyone knows how to trouble shoot this I would be very greatfull. I live in the country and a tow bill will be an outragous amount haha

thanks

simon
asulkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 05:28 PM   #2
1NZYaris1

Drives: Yaris
Have you checked the fuses under the bonnet as well as the ones under the
main panel in car and the fuse on the battery
Does the car turn over or is there nothimg at all when you turn the key on
is your Yaris auto or manual
1NZYaris1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 04:54 AM   #3
goku87

Drives: Black HB
take it to the dealer? but i second 1NZYaris1's statement: check fuses. If you happen to cut a wire that has a voltage on it and your tool comes into contact with something that is grounded, its very possible that it fried a fuse.

Last edited by goku87; 03-08-2009 at 08:28 AM. Reason: spelling
goku87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 06:46 AM   #4
nemelek
DWEED

Drives: 3DR 2008 Metorite Metalic
Cut first ask questions later. There has been a few posts on disabling the seat belt alarm. If you do bring your car to the dealer have them turn off the alarm.
Old 03-08-2009, 04:06 PM   #5
bzinn 1

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB
oh my goodness never cut wires.....the sensor is part of the safty restraint system and is extremly expensive to repair....you can either buckle the seatbelt or wait the 60 seconds till the alarm goes off...oh my....this is probably a fuse you blew,but it could be worse....
bzinn 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 08:30 PM   #6
asulkan

Drives: yaris
Thank you everyone for your help. I found the problem. like alot of you said check the fuzes. I only saw the one under the hood didnt realise there was one beside the wheel. It blew to fuzes.. one on both.thanks again. cars runnin fine!
thanks!
asulkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 09:31 PM   #7
firebob

Drives: 09 yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemelek View Post
Cut first ask questions later. There has been a few posts on disabling the seat belt alarm. If you do bring your car to the dealer have them turn off the alarm.
I was told that was a $10 job if they have it before the start working on it for something else. Other wise it’s $30. I’m sure it’s different by what dealer your at. I asked to late when I was at the shop or mine would be done. It would have been $30 and an hour weight I was told.

I didn’t know it would turn off after 60 seconds. It gets me when I have something in the seat and put my hand on the seat to change up positions for a few minutes.
firebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:37 AM   #8
nemelek
DWEED

Drives: 3DR 2008 Metorite Metalic
Mine was free.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:01 PM   #9
firebob

Drives: 09 yaris
I think it was the dealer I was at. I’ll get it done next time I’m at a dealer if I think about it. My wife works with me so it’s not often that one of us is in the car alone. The good old life on the road with your wife and what makes it even better is the tinny car.
firebob is offline   Reply With Quote