Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 02-02-2009, 01:42 PM   #1
Altitude

Drives: '08 LB MT Bayou
4 sets of pads and twice turned rotors in 60K? Jeebus. Methinks it is your driving habits and not the brake parts.
Altitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 02:32 PM   #2
markitect

Drives: Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altitude View Post
4 sets of pads and twice turned rotors in 60K? Jeebus. Methinks it is your driving habits and not the brake parts.
I wonder if this might be a sign of some other problem with you brakes. Go ahead and go for upgraded pads, but make sure all the bushings, etc can move easily, your pads might not be able to float back up(the < 1mm) when your not braking.

The other possibility is you've been getting fake pads. Have your changes been evenly spaced, or did the first set last a long time and the replacements are destroyed in a hurry. I once got a set of bendix shoes from autozone (generally reputable). Within 5000 miles it actually cracked and a portion of the shoe was separated from the rest and was held in place by the drum. Most pads are made in china and even reputable stores can sometimes end up with a questionable supply.

I tend to bake hard, and from my experience I think you would go through at least 2 sets of tires per set of pads, something doesn't seem right.
markitect is offline   Reply With Quote